Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied for the Dec 2019 DH announcement and selected Boston AOR. I received a phone call last Friday from the field office asking basic questions about my knowledge of the agency and the hiring process. The call lasted about five minutes.

Comment

• DeltaTangoSix
      DeltaTangoSix commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that was quick. Best of luck.

• fedco95
      fedco95 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a call from a Boston number (which I never get). I selected Boston as well. They didn't leave a message, this was several days ago

• For anyone who has been in contact with recruiters, how did you get in touch with them? Are you a current fed with connections? Every time I call an office and follow the prompts, I always get a voicemail or email address that no one responds to.

Comment

• aspiring_1811
      aspiring_1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      battlewagon I got my preferred designation a couple weeks after the announcement. I got in contact with the office I wanted by calling the main line on HSI's website. From there I spoke with someone who directed me to an email address that I followed up with a few times until a recruiter called and took my resume. I think you just need to be persistent and cold call.

• HopefulFed27
      HopefulFed27 commented
      Editing a comment
      aspiring_1811 Wow, I can’t believe someone actually answered at the office you called. All of the offices I’ve tried contacting use an automated system.

• aspiring_1811
      aspiring_1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      HopefulFed27 I had to try a few times in order to get through. I figured I had nothing to lose if I kept calling until someone answered.

• quick_turn
      quick_turn commented
      Editing a comment
      I literally just called the office listed on the site and asked for the point of contact for recruitment or HR hiring for that office and then sent an email. My point of contact for the one office I got through to also suggested I do the same for other offices.

• Anyone in the know have any information on how the “Exclusive Announcement” is supposed to be different from the public announcement?

Comment

• If anyone has a number for a recruiter for Miami or Atlanta can you please PM me thanks.

Comment

• decleator
        decleator commented
        Editing a comment
        If anyone has contact for Miami message me please.

• So are we supposed to receive a call from the office asking knowledge of the agency ?

i applied when it opened up but I’m not really sure how the process works

am I supposed to get an email? A call? In order to take the writing assessment

Comment

• jdpopo
        jdpopo commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess to the lack of response to a lot of questions (mine included) is a hint to go back and read through the thread like everyone else has. I think you will receive and email for the writing assessment. Or, it sounds like, some people are getting phone calls from the office they've applied for.
        As far as the email, many people are saying the email will hit your spam folder. So be sure to check that over the coming weeks. Oh, and be sure to check it daily. I think you only have 48hrs to take the test after the email is sent out. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything those reading...
        Good luck

• For those of us not a preferred candidate, has anyone received an email from DALLAS/OPM about the writing sample or the next step?

Comment

• quick_turn
        quick_turn commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t heard anything from anyone. I did talk to a recruiter over the holidays and they said that most were on holiday and to just study the guide. Fingers crossed things start to move this week.

• FedRock
        FedRock commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing here but I assume it's because of the holidays like quick_turn stated. I believe for this announcement, the Writing Sample will precede the S/A Test Battery AKA you'll have to pass the writing to move on to the proctored test. I wonder if too many people failed the writing during the last DHA.

• SpringSeason11
        SpringSeason11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay thank you guys. I was wondering if I accidentally didn’t deleted or not.

• Just a heads up, someone on the other forum posted that writing sample emails will be going out next Thursday, January 16th.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulFed27 View Post
      Just a heads up, someone on the other forum posted that writing sample emails will be going out next Thursday, January 16th.
      Please take your time on these, don’t copy/paste anything, even inside of the writing. If you don’t like something erase and retype it.

Comment

• HopefulFed27
        HopefulFed27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great tip. If I remember correctly, copy/paste is disabled in the writing program. You have to type your response directly into the text box and the program will log if you try to copy/paste something. It should give you this warning before starting the assessment.

• I am also waiting for the online assessment as well. I sent an email to the address they listed as well after the 4th week. That was Friday and still no response.

Comment

• HopefulFed27
        HopefulFed27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Latest info is saying this Thursday (the 16th) writing assessment emails should go out. I wouldn’t be surprised if they held off one more day and did it Friday the 17th.

• Anyone get an email for assessment?

Comment

• FEDDI
        FEDDI commented
        Editing a comment
        I got an email saying I wasn’t eligible for the position, after being identified as a preferred candidate. Makes total sense...

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the email today.

• FEDDI
        FEDDI commented
        Editing a comment
        And now they want me to take the test.... I think HR is playing head games.

• Looks like emails are starting to go out. Just received one telling me my online assessments are complete from the April announcement so no action is required at this time.

Comment

• So after the assessment is the actual written test correct?

Comment

• I still have not gotten the email for the assessment.

Comment

• HopefulFed27
            HopefulFed27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you check your spam/junk folder?

• A300!
            A300! commented
            Editing a comment
            I did. Nothing. I also checked the announcement on USAJobs under additional information and all I saw was the notifications saying my application was received.
            Last edited by A300!; 01-17-2020, 07:17 PM.

• Undergrad here checking in, I got the email to complete an assessment. I previously completed one for CBP a couple months ago, what does the Essay Test ask of applicants? I would like to be prepared for it before i continue.

Comment

• MannyE
            MannyE commented
            Editing a comment
            Did your email come with a link? I received an assessment required email but I did not come with a URL. Strange.

• RJflyer
            RJflyer commented
            Editing a comment
            My email included a link to the assessment. Received it today at 18:18 EST.

• Just received the email.
          Last edited by IRONHORSE56; 01-17-2020, 09:54 PM. Reason: Status update.

Comment

• RJflyer
            RJflyer commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied to both the April 2019 and December 2019 announcements. I didn't receive an assessment email for April, but I did for December. I'm not sure what rhyme or reason there is...my background, experience and answers were the same on both applications.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4876 users online. 285 members and 4591 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X