Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone with a current TO from the last DH reapply? I am in the medical process now but figured I might try for a better location. Everything would transfer so I don’t think I have anything to lose.

Comment

• This might be out o the blue but I just saw a new announcement for an HSI Criminal Investigator today. I was going through the questions and it asked if I ever took a federal polygraph. I took one for border patrol on 2016 and did not pass. Do you think this would hurt my chances? Also, I do recall that poly results are valid for 2 years so I know they are no longer valid but is it possible the records of my polygraph are still available after three years or if they have been discarded?

Comment

• Theout
        Theout commented
        Editing a comment
        One last thing - you will be fine
        Don’t stress it - many failed before and many passed one later.
        Good luck

• A300!
        A300! commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the vote of confidence. So does this mean that when they see that I took the poly for Border Patrol, they will be able to see why I failed?

• Theout
        Theout commented
        Editing a comment
        polygraph is not a reliable tool - it’s more of a elimination tool for huge pool of candidates.
        So don’t worry about it - they should be able to see that you took one and the fail part. Its not a magic tool it records physical changes in persons body.
        Many failed / but later passed. It would hurt an applicant more if he/she hides the fact that he took one than disclosing that he failed one.

They will just make you take another one most likely

• A300!
        A300! commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey thanks. One thing I did notice is that the announcement said I may be required to take the poly, which means there is a chance I might not have to take one. How do they determine who has to take a poly and who doesn't?

• I applied earlier at 3:12pm right before work & I accidentally selected the wrong answer to one of the questions on the assessment. I was told from usajobs applicant contact it can’t be changed so I emailed the contact on the application and I’m awaiting a response. Extremely careless on my behalf because I was rushing to leave for work. do you think this will hurt my chances ? I also applied under my other usajobs account w/ the correct answers to the assessment.

Comment

• Angelcaro
        Angelcaro commented
        Editing a comment
        It might hurt your chances...

• Pbjecho1
        Pbjecho1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends what question it was. I was in a rush too an only put the agency where it said list agency and approx date for last poly. However I don't see much concern because the next question was prior to 365 days so at least gives them the assumption it was over 365 days. On the same token, I couldn't update it. What question was it?

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        If I’m married to someone illegally in the US. I’m young & never been married. I’ll wait and see what happens, I applied on another usajobs account and notified hiring of my mistake. I was in a hurry but this all would’ve never happened if that first announcement wasn’t canceled.

• Pbjecho1
        Pbjecho1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike_lowrey that can defs be an issue being that the assessments are computer screened. Especially that being a suitability question

• Originally posted by Mike_lowrey View Post
      I applied earlier at 3:12pm right before work & I accidentally selected the wrong answer to one of the questions on the assessment. I was told from usajobs applicant contact it can’t be changed so I emailed the contact on the application and I’m awaiting a response. Extremely careless on my behalf because I was rushing to leave for work. do you think this will hurt my chances ? I also applied under my other usajobs account w/ the correct answers to the assessment.
      Q) I answered a question incorrectly by accident and screened myself out of the hiring process. Is there anything that can be done?
      B) No, answers cannot be altered after the close of the announcement. You will need to reapply to a future announcement.

So as long as you get in before close of announcement it should be fine. Why did usajobs applicant contact tell you that you can't change it? When you go to USAJOBS dashboard -> Applications -> click on this application -> does it not have update application or additional info buttons? I've used that for other applications to update after submitting.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        It can't be changed sadly. I applied on the 11th when the first one was cancelled and all info was correct. Yesterday I had work & was in a hurry once the announcement opened I had to head to work so i mistakenly selected the wrong answer. 20 mins later 3:30 I submitted the app on another account hopefully it works out. I hope that one question can't DQ me. I emailed ICE workforce management & let them know.

• I submitted mines at 16:12
      Eastern time

does anyone know how the process works ?

Comment

• Pbjecho1
        Pbjecho1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Says you'll be contacted within 4 weeks if you meet qualifications for online assessment. And if you don't at least they offered an email to reach out to them if they don't.

• Is this announcement considered a “direct hire”

Comment

• Got a call already from this announcement. Keep your phones close!

Comment

• FEDDI
          FEDDI commented
          Editing a comment
          Radio Raheem - thanks bro!

boconnor - yesterday afternoon at approximately 1530 est.

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied maybe 4 hours after you. Fingers crossed. Do you currently work for anyone?

• FEDDI
          FEDDI commented
          Editing a comment
          boconnor , yes current Fed, Good luck!
          Last edited by FEDDI; 12-13-2019, 01:21 PM.

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          What does that mean you got a call? What did they say

• Originally posted by FEDDI View Post
        Got a call already from this announcement. Keep your phones close!
        Good sign if a recruiter called you that quick. At least I’m guessing it was a recruiter.

Comment

• Originally posted by FEDDI View Post
          Got a call already from this announcement. Keep your phones close!
          Where’d the call come from and what time did you submit?

Comment

• FEDDI
            FEDDI commented
            Editing a comment
            jwnagle , submitted at approx 1530 est. call from an office in the AOR I put as preference. I’m not gonna post my location tho.

• Call was about them being interested in your candidacy?
          got to be little bit more specific.
          Last edited by Theout; 12-13-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Hello I’m new to this HSI chat I’m currently in the process for Cbp 19-2 . I am waiting for my background to clear and to take my drug test. I applied to HSI early, I was wondering if anything would cross over like the polygraph or any of the background information or would I have to do everything all over?

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted, see below.

• Angelcaro
              Angelcaro commented
              Editing a comment
              Im 19-10 currently doing my background met the investigator twice already,

Im also new to HSI

• Originally posted by MattyjayG View Post
            Hello I’m new to this HSI chat I’m currently in the process for Cbp 19-2 . I am waiting for my background to clear and to take my drug test. I applied to HSI early, I was wondering if anything would cross over like the polygraph or any of the background information or would I have to do everything all over?
            This exact Q was asked a few pages ago. I recommend going to maybe page 20 and reading forward. Lots of good info.

The short answer is some but not much. DHS generally accepts other DHS polys as equivalent. For example if you pass a USSS UD poly and go Customs, CBP will accept it. Since polys are pretty new to ICE, we will see, but I imagine they will. Conversely, failing one will be looked at by another agency, but is not an automatic DQ. I had someone I recruited for Border Patrol fail the poly, I then directed them to USSS UD, and six months later they passed the USSS poly and were hired.

HSI is currently accepting CBP background, though with how backed up CBP BIs are, most candidates are going to the customs academy with provisional clearances, meaning the BI and your clearance is not finalized. So odds are if you haven't been hired by CBP yet, you wouldn't have a successfully adjudicated BI to be accepted by HSI.

Medical, tests, oral boards, etc will not carry over to HSI.

Short answer: BI, yes, if you have one at the proper clearance level, and poly, maybe/probably.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Just threw my application in the pile. I'm pretty far along with other agencies, but it doesn't hurt to do another I suppose. Best of luck folks.

Comment

• So the initial test is only the writing skills assessment? Or is it arithmetic, logical reasoning, AND writing skills?

Comment

• I threw my application in the morning after the announcement opened. Not sure if I'll get any traction because fo the late submission compared to others. We'll see.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6169 users online. 336 members and 5833 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X