Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the know have any new info regarding this announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by camtheman77 View Post
      Anyone in the know have any new info regarding this announcement?
      I mean like what? There are people who have been hired off it already and there are people who have heard nothing, not if they passed the test, TO, nothing. Any everything in between. Gonna have to be more specific.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• camtheman77
        camtheman77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey battle, just in terms of projected timelines, if offers are still going out, are they doing it in waves. I havent heard squat, but I did take the proctored test like we spoke about in pms, just curious if any insiders have any information.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        It's going to be very dependent on SAC, openings/IPNs, etc. I have a good friend who put in for SF and I took a phone call as one of his references from an ASAC two months ago, and another friend who just got his TO this week from Houston. Most have heard nothing. If someone put only Tampa for example they may take longer to hear something due to desirability (looking over tons of applicants for a few spots, etc) if they hear anything at all.

Hopefully the agency will, on their own, open up people's apps to other SACs if the ones an applicant selected don't pick them up.

• FYI, several people who initially applied but never moved forward have been contacted to now move forward. There is hope for many of you. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post
        FYI, several people who initially applied but never moved forward have been contacted to now move forward. There is hope for many of you. Best of luck.
        Is there hope for us who took the exam many months ago and still don’t know if we passed the exam?

Comment

• camtheman77
          camtheman77 commented
          Editing a comment
          bro you quoted the answer the your question lmao

• Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post

Is there hope for us who took the exam many months ago and still don’t know if we passed the exam?
        I don’t know the answer to that. I have no knowledge of test exams.

Comment

• People on the other forum are claiming if you didn’t get a failure notice you passed.
          Last edited by Tommy_V; 09-07-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Got an email this weekend gauging interest in NorCal... no thanks on that one lol

Comment

• CFAV
              CFAV commented
              Editing a comment
              GS-13 start at $107k in San Fran, here in FL we start at $88k. I would lose all that "extra" money in taxes and cost of living. It's insane.

• Gooby77
              Gooby77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got it too, passed on it for now. Not a sensible move for me at the moment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              19K more wouldnt even begin to cover the increase in cost of living. Granted it is a little bit more since LEAP is calculated on the higher number, but yeah.

The $133,000 GS13 in SF would pay approximately $42,500 in taxes a year between federal and state and other taxes. That's about $90,500 after taxes.

The $110,000 GS13 in Jacksonville, FL would pay a little over $26,000 a year in taxes, netting around $83,700 after federal, state (none), and other taxes.

So basically you have a net pay increase of $7,000 in SF vs FL. And as anyone who doesn't live under a rock, your expenses just for housing alone will be A LOT more than $7,000 a year. You'd probably eat that different up in 3 months of housing in SF vs FL.

Not talking anyone out of SF or Cali, and these are just back of the napkin numbers, but something to consider. Obviously living would be much cheaper in other NorCal offices than SF proper, but there ya go.

• CFAV
              CFAV commented
              Editing a comment
              ....but I hear the tent cities are pretty cheap to live in lol.

• Got offered Nor Cal and Chicago via email from the respective offices. Hell nah. Currently at another 1811 academy though so hoping all goes well here. No more BP for me!

My buddy for the Puerto Rico FO will have his PT test soon and he got told his offer would come in as soon as he passed it.
            Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea I hear UD is bad, but apart from maybe the traveling and some boring protection details, it seems SA would be a pretty cool gig

• CFAV
              CFAV commented
              Editing a comment
              Basically people who find out travel 90% of the month isn't all it's cracked up to be... and the fact protection details trump all other investigative work flows. I might be speaking to the choir, but most don't know that the primary job of USSS is major finical crimes... all most see is the protective side. You could be working the case of the century and if they need you to guard a dumpster at a presidential rally...you're gonna get pulled from case work to guard that dumpster!

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              If Chicago wasn't so COLD, then that would be my number three choice. Outside of New Orleans, Chicago and Baltimore are tied for best food, then it's New York. However, New York pizza is better ;- P

• FutureFed1988
              FutureFed1988 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're with USSS and still in the process with HSI, keep your application going. You'll know what I'm talking about when you get to Maryland (if you're not there already).

• Has anybody heard any updates who took the proctored test but didnt receive a phone call? I took the proctored and havent heard a peep since.

Comment

• FutureFed1988
              FutureFed1988 commented
              Editing a comment
              In the same boat. Took the exam in June.

Others I know who took it and didn't pass were notified of their results. No news is good news?

• Got my medical waiver pass finally from the July 2016 hire announcement.... yes, Ive been in the process that long! Also got a letter from Honolulu HSI for this direct hire.... guess since I passed all my medical now, I can jump ship from the open announcement and go right to Hawaii direct hire lol.

Comment

• Be patient, phone calls are still going out.

Comment

• aspiring_1811
                aspiring_1811 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is there anything you recommend doing if your desired office has not contacted you yet? I've been contacted by NorCal, Chicago, and Hawaii but I'm really trying to stay in DC if possible. If anything, just figure out if they still have vacancies. I've tried calling but I'm told there is no recruiter and I have to send an email to an email address that never responds.

• I received a T.O. from the office I applied to yesterday evening after not hearing a word from them since I forwarded my resume to a supervisory agent and applied the day of the announcement. I will say that I’ve received inquiries about my interest in NoCal and Chicago in the last month, neither of which were the office I applied to. Was surprised to see the T.O wasn’t from one of those and from my initial choice.

Comment

• CFAV
                CFAV commented
                Editing a comment
                what was your choice?

• CFAV pmd ya

Comment

• Longtime lurker, first time poster. Has anyone received a TO for Newark NJ?

Comment

• Alaska invite just came....burr

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9968 users online. 452 members and 9516 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X