Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m from Kentucky and I picked DC as my POD. If I pass written and physical, will I continue through the local FO or will have to travel to DC?

Comment

• When are we going to get the results from the proctored exam?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        If it was a computer exam then it should have instant results, right? Yes and No. FBI, ATF, ERO and CBP gave me results for the proctored computer exam instantly like before I stepped out of the testing facility. Postal Inspectors, Border Patrol and USSS did not. I waited weeks...months for some. I would think that computerized exams should have instantaneous results. You just have to be patient, and put a crap load of irons on the fire.

• Navy88vt
        Navy88vt commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the CIEE on 5/20 and don't have results (+/-) yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it took 6 months to hear anything based on some of my other application experiences.

Anyone that has the CIEE scheduled... STUDY STUDY STUDY.
        Last edited by Navy88vt; 07-01-2019, 09:28 AM.

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        Navy88vt having been through both, process, I can tell you that FBI is TIERS above HSI's process. You will see, you will fly through the fbi process in about 6 months...till you hit background, HSI process is probably the worst in all of gubment.

• Navy88vt
        Navy88vt commented
        Editing a comment
        chipperjones I'm definitely not expecting that to move quickly. I worked with FBI as they were changing to the new format (provided internal FBI applicants a phase 2 which wouldn't count against their two times, as a means to evaluate the effectiveness of the new format). This is my first time going through for HSI, and so far it is much quicker than I expected. The DSS process is the most frustrating of all.

• Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
      When are we going to get the results from the proctored exam?
      They will come. Like a thief in the night, With the Federal system, just forget you tested. Take Yoga, CrossFit, and move yourself forward. If they happen to want you, great! If not, well, have a few other buns in the oven.

Comment

• Guys/gals, in order to have made the cutoff, you should have applied within the first few hours or so. If you waited until later in the day or more, then you are probably SOL. How do you know if you made the cutoff? Once you are invited to the online assessment of course! If you haven't received anything by now, then you probably didn't make it.

If you haven't received any invites to the SA Battery exam by now, then you didn't (somehow) pass the online assessment. However, anything is possible at this point. There was another email stating that the deadline was pushed a few days, so check your spam box asap.

From the majority of what everyone has written here, once the exam is complete you will get your results in a few weeks. The HSI process will take some time so move on with your life until the next step and make it a habit to check your spam box along with your inbox.

For those who didn't make it: Apply to other agencies and don't be negative about yourself or the process. A lot of people who are getting picked up are the ones are understand how to tailor their resume on USAJOBS to meet KSA criteria; if you can do this--it almost doesn't matter what degree you have or how long you've been in LE, it all boils down to KSA. I've seen TSA guys make it to 1801 and 1811 jobs and many people consider TSA to be on the bottom of the totem pole of LEA; just stating the facts--I don't have anything against them.

If you are in the process now, then assume that you will be taking the physical test and interviewing so work out NOW and work on your interviewing skills now for the office interview. Anyways, best of luck to all.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          "Guys/gals, in order to have made the cutoff, you should have applied within the first few hours or so"

If that's what they wanted then why not just set the announcement for the "first 1000" or so applicants? Why keep it open for the whole application period? That's like hijacking a plane and demanding the pilot to fly it to Mexico...

Why not just take the plane that's supposed to go to Mexico? I mean there are easier ways to do things.

Second...I guess "screw experience and education." Let's see who's up at 1 o'clock in the morning. (Ester Rolle voice) Damn...Damn...Damn!
          Last edited by Radio Raheem; 06-12-2019, 01:07 PM.

• Lucas
          Lucas commented
          Editing a comment
          ...because they just want to see who would cry about it and come up with some weird Mexico analogy to make sense of it. Duh.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, mission accomplished. I can't use the cry-face emoji in the comment section, but I assure you, I'm getting misty over here.

• Lucas
          Lucas commented
          Editing a comment
          lol well without emojis then I'll have to take your word for it.

• Can anyone here confirm how the proctored exam is graded, i.e. is it cumulative? and if so, how do they combine it? do they grade each section then average it out, or do they grade the entirety (which is weird since there were only 90 questions)
        Last edited by Rickyrecon012; 06-10-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• CFAV
          CFAV commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll get a score and then there's a cut-off number used to move to the next step. Trying to deduce all this erroneous info is pointless.

• Rickyrecon012
          Rickyrecon012 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well deducing info to determine which are erroneous and which are not is the first step. Second, "pointless" is relative, I don't think its pointless to know how the exam is graded. Third wtf kind of answer is that, "you'll get a score and then theres a cut-off" yea no sh*t, how are you given the score was the question. That answer is equivalent to saying "you apply for the job announcement, if you make the cut-off then they may pick you."

• CFAV
          CFAV commented
          Editing a comment
          "you apply for the job announcement, if you make the cut-off then they may pick you." That’s exactly what it is! There is no rhyme or reason to any of it, and those who claim to know are full of it. There is just mass speculation and guessing based on prior trends and outcomes. I work within HSI already as a GS13 1801, and have for years, I have been a part of this process in the 2016 announcement and 2 direct hires. Both direct hires were approved by my SAC. The first one I was found not qualified for and this one I am? Both times my SAC was pushing me through. I have been pending medical since June of last year for 16' hire. The idea that someone on here knows how the test is graded is nonsense, and if they did, they wouldn’t share that info…along with interview questions and the like. Dallas HR runs the hire process and most of them have no clue what’s 2 feet beyond their own desks. This entire process is hurry up and wait…don’t think about it and don’t lose sleep over it. Live your life and don’t question the results… because they make no sense. Point in case: I applied in the last hour of this direct hire and have already taken my exam.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol was going to copy and paste the same thing and say the same thing.

• Originally posted by Wentwestco View Post

They will come. Like a thief in the night, With the Federal system, just forget you tested. Take Yoga, CrossFit, and move yourself forward. If they happen to want you, great! If not, well, have a few other buns in the oven.
        Well yesterday was the last day to take the exam so results this week?

Comment

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          oh, first time with HSI huh? ICE probably has the worst hiring in all federal law enforcement. maybe 2 months?

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Three day turn around? Im not a betting man but I'd bet $20 on 'no' if someone wants to buy in

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually yesterday was not the last day. I take mine on Saturday

• Deadpker
          Deadpker commented
          Editing a comment
          Based on his past posts I think this is his first time with any agency

• I heard a rumor that certificate selections are due by June 24, which would mean tests are graded by then. I know that is only 11 days now which seems ambitious, but my source is solid. Presumably email notifications would go out through USA Staffing not long after that. Given the process so far I think it would be good to temper expectations, but there is some reason to be cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• I’m pretty sure I already know my results! Math on a test...game over!

Comment

• Any updates?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
              Lovetocamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Some dude said June 24 for test results, but a mid July time frame is more likely based on the 2018 DH.

• Originally posted by Alyk View Post
            Any updates?
            Applicants from the 2016 announcement were offered locations today.
            Last edited by Tommy_V; 06-27-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Delphi forum saying a couple TOs went out today.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
                Lovetocamp commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe that June 24 comment was true then. I'll keep an eye out but wont be expecting anything til next week.

• So if we didn’t hear anything are we SOL?

Comment

• Deadpker
                Deadpker commented
                Editing a comment
                No, there will be more TO's rolling out in the next month or so.

• Any updates regarding the opening? Just curious

Comment

• Just heard from a close friend. Phone call was received today for an interview. Don’t know if it means anything or not, but this person hasn’t received their test results yet either.

Comment

• DrewC2016
                  DrewC2016 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also got a call for an interview next week. No TO nor did I get word that I'm one of these "preferred" applicants, although I did send the SAC my resume months ago.

• Navy88vt
                  Navy88vt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IRONHORSE56 DrewC2016 would either of you mind disclosing which SAC you (or friend) are interviewing with? Understandable if not.

• MAW0819
                  MAW0819 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got an email Wednesday morning setting up my interview for this week as well. I'm assuming that means I passed the exams, but no TO yet

• I got my TO at the end last month...just hoping all my online TO forms went through okay

Comment

• Valor1977
                  Valor1977 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You and everyone else.. LOL

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7662 users online. 367 members and 7295 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X