Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my test. Proctor said it was 3-6 weeks for results. Wasn't too bad. The study guide covers everything you need. I'm more worried about the comprehensive section than the Math.
    Current BPA. LET ME OUT!!

Comment

• decleator
      decleator commented
      Editing a comment
      Took mine as well. I'm still wondering if it's cumulative or if you do bad on one section you fail.

• Out. Due to volume of applicants.

Comment

• WV101
      WV101 commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you apply during the time the announcement was live?

• Last night I received this statement from the NoResults email:
    • GL-1811-7; You are ineligible because you do not meet the requirements of this position as specified in the job opportunity announcement.

I received this notification regarding my application for the Criminal Investigator position under announcement ELHU-INV-10461685-DH-TEM. The notification above states I am not eligible because I did not meet the requirements for the position. May someone explain this please? I was invited to partake in the written test for this exact 1811 position in July of 2018. Furthermore, I attached my transcripts to my application in April stating I have a Bachelor degree in Cyber Security also reflecting Superior Academic Achievement Provisions. Is this a mistake?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the same email for 7 and 9. I applied like a day before the close of the announcement so I guess they got the desired number of qualified applicants prior to the submission of my application. I guess I was supposed to apply as early as I could. I also got invited to take an exam 2 years ago on a previous announcement, but I had to cancel because I was about to go through an academy.

• I got rejected also no biggie.

Comment

• This process is built to move forward some of us with "luck". Plain and simple... lots and I mean lots of folks on here have incredible resumes, credentials, education, experience, physical fitness, financial responsibility, etc... but if you can not get through the process it will never matter what you bring to the table. With that being said I fall into the same category of applicant described plus I speak a foreign language fluently. Here is what Norfolk told me in regards to the proctored exam I took for the last DH announcement:

"Good Day,

The scores are processed systematically and unfortunately we won't be able to give you the exact grade on the assessment(s)/test(s) that you have taken.

Thank you for your interest."

This right there tells me that a dumb computer grades our writing essays. Is it fair? Probably not.. but it is what it is..... a computer failed a lot of you but then again... can you imagine the logistics of having a human grade an essay for all testers?

Comment

• amgclass
        amgclass commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear about your outcome. When you mentioned the last DH announcement, is it correct that you're referring to the June 2018 one? Wasn't sure if there was another DH I don't know about.
        Last edited by amgclass; 05-24-2019, 08:05 PM.

• agent05
        agent05 commented
        Editing a comment
        amgclass
        that is correct... it was for the previous DH announcement from June 2018

• I got the "your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants" rejection email. The HSI announcement is seriously the strangest of hiring processes I've seen out of all agencies I've ever applied to. If you're qualified why not just let people move forward in the process?

Comment

• AgentNitro
        AgentNitro commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a highly desired position. Several thousand people apply for a shot at this every time it posts. If they considered everyone that meets the qualifications, they would be far more inundated than they already are. And, believe me, there's no lack of applicants to process. Many that have completed the hiring process are still awaiting academy dates from the 2015 and 2016 vacancy announcements.

• izamsilas
        izamsilas commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn’t feel too bad. I use to work for this agency, many name changes ago, and I threw in an app on this notice and got the same email. I’d only go back there because it’s the devil I know and I am on the downhill slope to retirement. They’ve been a mess since the merger and will continue to be one. Such is the path of the rudderless ship

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw somewhere on one of these forums that the first 500 qualified applicants would be considered. Unfortunately, I was late in learning this information...otherwise, I would have been at the starting line at 11:59 pm like all of the other hungry people on the forum. Congrats to those who are moving forward in the process and good luck! As far as 1811 gigs go, this one isn't terrible compared to others. Stay safe!

• Has anyone who took the proctored test for the last announcement as well as this announcement’s writing sample, received any information back? If we didn’t get a rejection email, does that mean we passed the writing sample and are still prospective candidates?

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        All the people I recruited who took the online at home test who passed it received scheduling emails in their spam folders or failure emails already. Check your spam

• stempienc14
        stempienc14 commented
        Editing a comment
        So I should've gotten an email even if I already have a passing score for the proctored exam from within the past year?

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be a unique situation. not sure the timeline for those with previous DH testing scores since this is the first time there have been two DHs in a row with previous scores being taken

• AgentNitro
        AgentNitro commented
        Editing a comment
        Log in to your usajobs account and click on your HSI application to view additional details. It'll take you to an application manager that will show you which notices they've sent you and have links to access the documents. This is probably the best way to stay in the loop and track information that is sent to you throughout the initial stages in the hiring process.

• deleted.......
      Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Last edited by nonotnow; 06-03-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• AgentNitro
          AgentNitro commented
          Editing a comment
          No need to get on an HSI forum after you've decided to no longer pursue it and make it known internationally. Good luck to you, but please keep those types of comments to yourself. They're personal and there's plenty of motivated applicants on here looking for useful information.

• izamsilas
          izamsilas commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t get it either, I think it took close to 2 years to get picked up by USCS back when I went there. For history buffs, the new test is just a reworking of the old Treasury Enforcement Agent exam, which was like the GMAT. I never really understood why it had all the math other than it was testing your problem solving under pressure. Bigger point is that it’s been around decades.

• Army_Cyber
          Army_Cyber commented
          Editing a comment
          This post cracked me up. Sounds like the test made someone feel inadequate/stupid, is afraid they probably failed and wants to preemptively break things off before they get NOR that they failed. Blaming it on processing time and the fact that the test had math is absurd. Last HSI DH I had my FJO within 7 months. Incredibly fast. Sorry you can't pass HSI test, try studying next time.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          The math is probably due to the historical beginnings of Custom (Treasury) when SAs had to be able to understand and calculate tariffs. You know...back when your phone wasn't portable or a friggin computer! Nowadays, no one does math in their brain. That's old-school! Sounds like somebody's living in the past...CONTEMPORRIIIZZEE MAN! (Dennis Hopper - Apocalypse Now voice)

• Those of you who have taken the proctored exam. At the end did your screen go all white? I submitted the last section and just got a white screen. The proctor came in and closed the screen and said "that's it I guess" they could not confirm my answers went off to the magic place for grading or anything....?

Comment

• stempienc14
          stempienc14 commented
          Editing a comment
          When I took mine (last summer) the proctoring center people had some sort of confirmation on their computers when I checked out. I would maybe try calling them, I know they don't get any scores or other information but I am pretty sure they can tell if there was an error.
          Last edited by stempienc14; 05-28-2019, 07:56 PM.

• wba
          wba commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the white box as well.

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the white screen, the proctor says it happens sometimes and he checked to make sure it was submitted. He said it was.

• deleted,,,
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-26-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• AgentNitro
          AgentNitro commented
          Editing a comment
          What's with all the deleted comments? This forum get out of control?

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wondering the same...

• So some agencies have their new hires EOD at their permanent office and work there for weeks or months before their academies while some agencies have them EOD at the academies. Can anyone answer how HSI does it?

Comment

• Wise135
          Wise135 commented
          Editing a comment
          Both. If you live close to your office, you'll likely EOD at the office you'll be assigned to. However, if you live far from the office you'll be assigned to, you may EOD either at a local office, or at FLETC.

• amgclass
          amgclass commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok thanks.

• Do you guys dress professionally, business casual, or ordinary plain clothes for the written exam? Does it matter?

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          You can wear gym shorts if you want so, there will be no ice employees there

• For 18 DH it was administered by a private testing center. It does not matter what you wear no one from HSI will be there

Comment

• Has anyone who took the proctored test within the last few weeks gotten your results? If so, what did the alert/email look like? Just curious...

Also, if you got your results, let us know your testing date. Thanks!

Comment

• FLE Candidate
            FLE Candidate commented
            Editing a comment
            For the 18 DH your NOR stated if you were eligible, and then if you were referred. It didn’t say whether you “passed” but it was assumed if you weren’t referred you failed.

The notification said something like “You were rated eligible for GL-7 because a,b,c. You were not rated eligible for GL-9 because x,y,z.” Then it went on to say “you were referred to the Miami hiring official for GL-7, you were not referred to the Miami hiring official for GL-9,” etc.

It caused confusion then and I’m guessing it’ll cause confusion this time. People who weren’t referred at all didn’t know if that meant they failed the test or were rated ineligible for another, unstated reason and I don’t believe anyone found out. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Everyone got their NORs together about 2 months after the last testing date. Last testing date was 7/24/2018 and we got our NORs 9/12/2018.
            Last edited by FLE Candidate; 06-07-2019, 10:35 AM. Reason: Timeline Correction

• RVAhiker
            RVAhiker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the clarification FLE. So if that is the case then the 2 month timeline post testing would start June 11 according to my email.
            Last edited by RVAhiker; 06-07-2019, 10:46 AM.

• FLE Candidate
            FLE Candidate commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry about that, it was 2 months, not 2 weeks. I edited my comment above to show the appropriate timeline.
            Last edited by FLE Candidate; 06-07-2019, 10:39 AM. Reason: Timeline Correction

• amgclass
            amgclass commented
            Editing a comment
            Although the initial USA Hire email stated the testing ends on June 11, that’s not the case since several testing sites in my area offer the test up to June 15 and they’re supposed to offer the test within the valid timeframe only. And I’m sure it’s not just for my area throughout the whole country. With that being said, I can only conclude the USA Hire email showed the wrong testing dates. Also, since there is no longer the essay portion in the test, HSI may notify the results earlier than the last time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9959 users online. 387 members and 9572 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X