Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure why everyone mentions the application complete. Receiving the that is what you were supposed to receive after taking the online assessment. People who didn't make the cutoff to test initially also received it if their application was otherwise good to go (for the most part).

Anyways, highly recommend scheduling asap. I've seen and personally had job applications where I didn't schedule right away and did a few days later, and had only bunny locations, dates and times for my exam.

Edit: also, brush up on your math. The math isn't complex, it is the basics, but things most people haven't used since grade school. Lots of long division, dividing past decimal points, multiplying and things like converting fractions to decimals, multiplying fractions, etc. When I took the test, it was a lot of work problem scenarios; 'company X is bringing is 426,612 pounds of whatever, with a duty rate of 0.063 dollars per ton. What is the duty due'. Stuff like that
    ​​​​
    Last edited by battlewagon; 05-18-2019, 01:46 PM.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• decleator
      decleator commented
      Editing a comment
      Do they provide you with a calculator for the exam?

• Nieto2588
      Nieto2588 commented
      Editing a comment
      No.. You have to be able to do basic math without a calculator.

• Lovetocamp
      Lovetocamp commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I've been looking at it, the review questions were pretty tough given the case I haven't done this math in years without a calculator. Just a few minutes reviewing ratios, distance/time/rate and what not has helped tremendously.

You don't happen to have any other resources to pull up similar like questions? 7 questions isn't enough..,.
      Last edited by Lovetocamp; 05-19-2019, 02:21 AM.

• For those who have taken the exam before, do they provide scratch paper or can you write on the exam booklet (assuming that’s what the exam is on)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Alex View Post
      For those who have taken the exam before, do they provide scratch paper or can you write on the exam booklet (assuming that’s what the exam is on)?
      Scratch paper will be provided, and the test is conducted on a computer.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
        Not sure why everyone mentions the application complete. Receiving the that is what you were supposed to receive after taking the online assessment. People who didn't make the cutoff to test initially also received it if their application was otherwise good to go (for the most part).

Anyways, highly recommend scheduling asap. I've seen and personally had job applications where I didn't schedule right away and did a few days later, and had only bunny locations, dates and times for my exam.

Edit: also, brush up on your math. The math isn't complex, it is the basics, but things most people haven't used since grade school. Lots of long division, dividing past decimal points, multiplying and things like converting fractions to decimals, multiplying fractions, etc. When I took the test, it was a lot of work problem scenarios; 'company X is bringing is 426,612 pounds of whatever, with a duty rate of 0.063 dollars per ton. What is the duty due'. Stuff like that
        ​​​​
        are there going to be more invites sent out or is this it. I have not received one but did do the unproctered test

Comment

• Does anyone know how soon you get to find out the exam result after taking it? I was hoping the invitation email mentions it but it doesn't.

Comment

• Nieto2588
            Nieto2588 commented
            Editing a comment
            Whenever they decide to grade them and send out results... I'm from 2016 and it took several months.. Each vacancy is different.

• amgclass
            amgclass commented
            Editing a comment
            I see. Is it correct the proctored exam you took had an actual writing portion as if you were writing a detailed report? From what I understand, they have changed it from having that actual writing portion to having “writing skills assessment”, which only consists of multiple choice questions. Hence this is why we have done the writing sample separately online. Since they no longer have to grade writing samples in the proctored exam and everything is a computerized multiple choice question, I was thinking it shouldn’t be long to receive our results after taking it.

I know an 1811 written exam that emailed you the result as you were walking back to the car after taking it. Hoping it won’t be months to find out for this one.
            Last edited by amgclass; 05-19-2019, 10:24 AM.

• Nieto2588
            Nieto2588 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't read too far into it. Here's the exam prep published by ICE for HSI applicants. Everyone signs the non-disclosure, so you shouldn't get much detailed info on here. When I took it, there was an essay portion. I don't remember doing this in the initial assessment, so it may have changed. If you can get through the prep exam with ease, you'll be fine. Good luck.

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/satestprep.pdf

• amgclass
            amgclass commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I just wanted to confirm that essay portion is no longer in the proctored exam. Thanks.

• Mine was in spam too... I took this test for the 16' app, sucks to have to take it again. Math sucks!

Comment

• Nieto2588
            Nieto2588 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you speak with a recruiter or HR about re-taking the exam? Unless you're pending medical review or a step that is going to take quite some time to clear, I'd probably hold off and continue with your initial app. Just a thought, but if you end up failing the DH written test, it may cause your initial application to change to ineligible (which it shouldn't), but there are a lot of weird caveats. Again, this isn't gospel, just something to consider and maybe look into.

• CFAV
            CFAV commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been pending medical since June last year. I spoke with HR last week and they said to call back in a week... they claimed the doctors notes on my file reflect they are "really, really" looking at it now.. What a sham lol. Since my SAC told me to apply for this direct hire, I will double check about taking the test again.

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            CFAV let me know what you find out, I passed the test for the 2016 announcement as well and got this invite.

• Got the invite. it was in Spam

Comment

• Took the proctored exam today. How long until results?

Comment

• Rickyrecon012
              Rickyrecon012 commented
              Editing a comment
              Anymore essay writing or looking at a picture and writing about it, or is it just the logic reasoning, math, and English comprehension?

• Tommy_V
              Tommy_V commented
              Editing a comment
              Rickyrecon012 can’t talk about it bro. Read the email if you got it for information.

• Lovetocamp
              Lovetocamp commented
              Editing a comment
              Weeks based on the last DH posting. No essay this time so it may be graded faster. Im taking mine this week too.

• Anyone else looking at the scheduling see some oddities in the testing centers/times?
            I am in the NE close to the border, there is a SAC in my local city. There is an international office about an hour and a half away.
            However there was only 1 test time available local, a plethora available in the international office area, then a large number available back in my state but about 70 miles away. What gives? Just thought it was strange how only 1 time was available locally to the SAC office.
            Regardless I'm all scheduled for middle of this week.

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              The testing isn't necessarily done at ICE or HSI centers, so the proximity to an ICE office doesn't really play a factor into it. Good luck, study your math if you're not confident in it.

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know of anyone that completed their written test through a local SAC. Mine was via a third party contract company, and I'm pretty sure others are the same. You'll check in with your DL and login to a computer to take the proctored exam.

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct, they're done at contracted testing centers

• Gooby77
              Gooby77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Right, I know the testing is done through a contractor (took it yesterday), I just thought it was odd the locations offered in relation to the office location.
              I would have assumed there would be more local times available based on the office here. At least that has been my experience with other similar tests.

• deleted...
            Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Striker44; 05-24-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• What day did emails go out? I haven’t revived anything. Not even a rejection email.

Comment

• I have an honest question. I’m 21 so I have 16 years to go federal but not sure what I want to do. 1811, 1801, 0083, or 0082. I’m interested in all of them but really have no clue what I would love the most. I’m applying to everything I see and I’m taking the written exam for HSI in 3 weeks. I know 1811 has the best perks but I would also love to be ERO Officer, US Marshal, DHS FPS, etc. I would love some input; if there is a forum about this stuff, please send me a link. I’m starting out with state parole and probation, I speak fluent Russian, and have a bachelors degree. Would love some input.

Comment

• Levithane
                    Levithane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tread cautiously when talking ill of some of the agencies, they do in fact monitor these forums.

• battlewagon
                    battlewagon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You say go FBI does the road with work experience, so why wouldn't you get it in any of the agencies you said not to? If someone wants to go fed eventually and they have the option between say BP and being a local/state, they're ****ing away time if they go local. They won't get a full pension out of it, every day they stay non-fed before switching is a day they delay their retitement, every year they stay non fed is their own calculation they're hurting, their time in service, so on so forth.

• Radio Raheem
                    Radio Raheem commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sometimes, it all depends on how you construct your resume. FBI is always looking for those who are fluent in a second language. Take a look at your resume. If you don't hit on whatever desired skills they are looking for, then they will not consider you. Who knows? The young lady who was hired over you and your friend probably had a "water-walker" resume. No agency has the time nor the inclination to meticulously comb through thousands of resumes. Key words, my friend...key words.

Also, with thousands of resumes moving through HR, some might get unintentionally passed over or even lost (we are dealing with the government, just ask the guys and gals battling for VA benefits). Also, if you apply to enough FEDLEO agencies you will soon realize that there is no tangible rhyme or reason for the decisions they make. The game is to throw everything on the wall and see what sticks. Plenty with more experience than you (masters, doctorate, military, LE, 1811s, MD, JD, etc.) have been rejected from multiple agencies. There was a guy on the USSS forum who was a Marine, lawyer (practicing attorney...not just law school graduate), mathematician and could not get hired to save his life. Even with this paticular announcement, I didn't get an initial test date, and I have a masters, former BPA (LRS stand up!), ATF Industry Ops, Spanish speaker, 7 years intel, lectured at two universities (one is currently the 2019 champ!!! Go Tigers!!) and devilish good looks. You can get mad, but you have to learn to get over it.

Also, the universe may be trying to tell you that FBI may not be the right fit for you. You said you didn't like how they operated, so why put yourself in a position that forces you to contradict your moral compass? Just something to think about.
                    Last edited by Radio Raheem; 05-23-2019, 10:00 AM.

• Radio Raheem
                    Radio Raheem commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In my opinion, immigration does not suck. BP and CBP can be awesome avenues to open doors for you. ERO is also a great gig (plain clothes, fug ops, LEAP, travel, etc.).

If you are on the border with HSI, you will be working either immigration and/or narcotics.

The 0083 series is a police officer designation, but rarely do you do actual police work. Most of the time it is security and you only go up to a GS-9 or 11.

Capitol Police is one of the only 0083 series that get paid over $100,000. The good thing about them is that you can work for overtime (double-time) or comp time. I have heard stories of some Capitol Police officer taking months off at a time. Some would take the entire winter off or some of the summer.

• Deleted.....
                  Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-22-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• There you go - the rejection emails are out .
                    Good luck to everyone else
                    no more gossip and theories )

Comment

• Theout
                      Theout commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did not obtain “sufficient score on the written assessment.“

• decleator
                      decleator commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unproctored or proctored?

• Theout
                      Theout commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No - just the standard assessment ( essay) / never received the written ( proctored one )

Not sure who judged the essay .... and scored it .

• Radio Raheem
                      Radio Raheem commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ineligible for the following position or positions:

GL-1811-7; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.
                      GL-1811-9; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9992 users online. 468 members and 9524 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X