• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports21, definitely not.

Comment

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      not true... if you select GS-9 and they say you don't qualify; they don't automatically give you a GS7 spot. That's why they ask what the "lowest" grade you'd be willing to accept. So if you're border on the education or qualification....always take the lowest grade.

• USAFANG03
      USAFANG03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes in that case, you are correct.

• Originally posted by Sports21 View Post
    I understand these questions are becoming redundant and confusing but maybe someone can shed some light on this:

I received the “application is complete” email last week off the bat without an assessment link. I applied first day 7 hours after it opened. There are people who are receiving the same “application is complete” email after taking the assessment.

Are those two groups(email without assessment and email after assessment) now in the same boat as far as hsi is concerned?
    Did you read the last two pages? This is exactly what the last two pages has been about. If you receive this email and you did not do the writing portion then I would look back through your submit an application and see if you mistakenly checked a box in correctly. That would be my guess as that has been my experience is so far. If you did take the writing sample then it’s anyone’s guess, because even headquarters can’t answer that right now.

Comment

• What's the over/under bet for how many pages of complete 100% speculation, shooting the dark, making things up and presenting them as fact, differing and opposite answers will be produced before the next phase of hiring happens?

Really guys, all of this trying to figure it out isn't doing anyone any good. Because the answers are so all over the place, no one is reading all the comments and posts and walking away better informed, and probably the opposite; they're leaving with more questions than they had and false information in their minds. The whole trying to figure out why an applicant who was an astronaut with a double doctorate who applied in the first hour didn't get the test link vs why the Walmart GED applicant who applied the second day does no one any good. The system is either flawed, or it isn't and there's a reason. Regardless, if you didn't get the link and you should have, nothing here will change that. Sucks, but welcome to the federal government and OPM if you're new.

I know it's easy for me to say this being someone already on the job, but you all are going to have panic attacks or aneurysms trying to figure it out on public information where the info is a crap shoot at best. Though I know the feeling, this is far from my first agency. I haven't even answered some questions in posts I know the definitive answer to recently because I know three posts down I'll be told I'm wrong or someone will post completely contradicting info.

I highly suggest you all don't check this thread 10 times a day, it's going to drive you crazy. Your application and the variables you have (didn't get the follow-up email, didnt get the test link, etc) are what they are, and it'll shake out in the end the same way it was always going to end up, whether you visit here 50 times a week or never come back. So why deal with oceans of true and false info and worry, just let it ride out.

That being said, I really hope you all get hired if you're qualified and a good fit for the agency. We need bodies, but more importantly, we need good people. Some of the less popular offices have a ton of vacancies that we need to fill. Im a newer hire to HSI with about two years in house, and I love the gig already. Plenty of cons, but great pros.

I know it isn't the first time applicants have seen this on federal job threads, but apply and forget. Keep an eye on your inbox and junk mail folder. Check in here every once in a while. PT and be running in preparation for academy. Good luck!
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        @Lovetocamp: You'll get what's best for you and yours. Until then, increase your experience with TDYs and any training you can get (Though I'm slowly realizing that Border Patrol experience is less valuable than I thought it was). Take a VACAY. Change your surroundings for a second. My one regret is that I didn't take a vacation while I was on the Border before the wife and kids. And it's sad because I was single, in my 20s, and making close to 100K a year so I could've afforded the VIP experience with any VACAY. Don't make life about a job or a border town. And yes, most border towns can be depressing, but count your blessings. You are almost out of there.

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        @ifineed2: I'm sure Battlewagon wasn't refering to you when he pointed out the speculative chatty pattys. We appreciate the time that you take out of your day to keep us informed about the process and any updates from HQ because you don't need2 do that for us (see what I did there). Double entendres aside, thanks you for your contributions.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Ifneed definitely not @ you, that post. I know you're in the agency based on the info you've posted.

• Lovetocamp
        Lovetocamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Radio Raheem,

I just came back from 2 weeks in Europe throughout 3 different countries. I had such a blast there didn't think about back "home" at all. Now I'm more depressed than ever lmao.

All of my classmates are applying elsewhere. There's maybe a handful out of 35 that want to stay. And that handful is in a good station in San Diego or from the border towns. Not many are in a **** hole like Sanderson, TX or Lordsburg, NM.
        Last edited by Lovetocamp; 05-10-2019, 02:03 PM.

• For the sake of stirring the pot (in a friendly way ), maybe applicants got an automatic DQ during the unproctered assessment if they answered the "How many apps" question differently than how many apps their USAJOBS shows since it was required to log on to USAJOBS to take the assessment. Could have been auto-compared to the system? Food for thought .

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you think OPM gives ICE access to the list of applications you've completed?

• smclovin
        smclovin commented
        Editing a comment
        It wouldn't really be OPM giving ICE access to anything. You had to log in to your USAJOBS account in order to take the online assessment, so the answers you submitted from the assessment went to OPM who already had pre-determined criteria from ICE. OPM computers would then systematically evaluate the assessments and either send an "ok" to ICE with your resume attached or send a DQ to ICE with your email attached.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely not the case, can confirm that 100%. That would be ****ty on their part if that was case.

• smclovin
        smclovin commented
        Editing a comment
        That would definitely be ******ty!

• Not for nothing I have passed every online assessment I've ever taken as long as I eat exactly two bowls of lucky charms for breakfast and take the test in my birthday suit with the lights off. Unfortunately this assessment I was fully clothes with lights on and had three bowls of cocoa puffs for breakfast. I got the application complete after submitting my exam so its not looking so hot for me :/

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe you should have lit some candles.

• Originally posted by mxxdude View Post
      Not for nothing I have passed every online assessment I've ever taken as long as I eat exactly two bowls of lucky charms for breakfast and take the test in my birthday suit with the lights off. Unfortunately this assessment I was fully clothes with lights on and had three bowls of cocoa puffs for breakfast. I got the application complete after submitting my exam so its not looking so hot for me :/
      As most have posted previously, everyone received that email after taking the test. A few didnt receive the email at all, which doesn't mean anything, so long as the test properly submitted. The application complete emails came minutes after the test was completed. The writing sample obviously wasn't graded that quickly. Besides, how are people interpreting the email as a bad thing. You submitted the online test, and received an email that stated:
      'Your application is complete. No further action is required at this time.' How is that a bad thing? Nothing more is needed, at this time. It doesnt say 'nothing else is needed for the foreseeable future or within the next five years' indicating a 'fail'.

This is exactly what I meant in my post above about people reading into these emails and exams like they're reading the Great Gatsby, looking for deeper meaning and trying to read between the lines. Negative, the email means exactly what it says.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• mxxdude
        mxxdude commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just joking based of your previous post man, guess I should have made the "superstitious reaching" more obvious, lol.

• smclovin
        smclovin commented
        Editing a comment
        You're just joking mxxdude? So were you or were your not in your birthday suit? Asking for a friend...

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        By the way, the Great Gatsby was not that great. It was a pretentious piece of washroom fodder at best.

• deleted....
      Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• FMCOP123
        FMCOP123 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am in the group of post testers that received “the email”. I was pretty sure it meant just what it said until reading online. I understand that the site had issues over the weekend. They sent out multiple invites to some while single invites to others. Could be they have some technical issues? I am with Battle, and maybe signing out for a bit is needed. Best of luck to us all!
        Last edited by FMCOP123; 05-08-2019, 10:36 PM.

• Hi all,
      I was hoping someone could help me out with this question. Where does HSI like to put their new agents? Is it usually the SWB or is it all over? If it is mostly the border, how hard is it to eventually get off the border? Any insight is appreciated!

Comment

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        deleted...
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:16 PM.

• hopefulfed36
        hopefulfed36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tommy_V I of course would take the SWB border if that opportunity presented itself. I'm just trying to get an idea of where most new agents end up after training.

• Lovetocamp
        Lovetocamp commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm trying to get away from the border, so big cities please, I'll trade you if they offer me it lmao.

• Boot1811
        Boot1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        New agents hired from traditional announcements (2015 and 2016) have historically been sent to the SWB or to hard-to-fill offices in large, high-cost-of-living cities (i.e, NYC, LA, SF).

New agents hired from the more recent direct hire announcements (2018, 2019) are getting offices everywhere. Many are getting offices that agents on the SWB would love to have.

As to how long it takes to get a transfer from the SWB to a non-border office, it depends on a lot of factors. Five years is a good "minimum", but that varies. It's important to note that while an agent's reputation and work ethic is not an automatic key to get off the SWB, reputation and work ethic do follow an agent throughout his or her career.
        Last edited by Boot1811; 05-10-2019, 09:03 PM.

• Unproctored exam scores will be reviewed starting 5/9 as well as a qualification review, but they’re behind so I’d say it starts next week. Tests should start getting scheduled next week as well (according to their guidance).

Comment

• r3gul8r
        r3gul8r commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. I appreciate your insight.

• camtheman77
        camtheman77 commented
        Editing a comment
        do you still recommend trying to get into contact with our local SAC recruiter?

• deleted.....
      Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Caidoz
        Caidoz commented
        Editing a comment
        Where are you getting the 2500 number from?

If you put 20 agents grading 5 essays an hour for 8 hours a day it would take roughly 3 day to complete.

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:10 PM.

• I've emailed the email in the announcement numerous times and called the number and left messages. It's been well over the 72 hours they say to allow. Any other options for contacting someone????

Comment

• Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        With the exception of perhaps a few Direct Hires, you're not going to hear much positivity about the hiring process. Like many others on here, I'm a 2016 applicant STILL in the process. You'll learn to stop inquiring due to frustration. Just try to keep if off your mind and move on with your life.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Seriously? Well then doesnt look like I'll be in this, need to be hired by an agency before that kind of crazy timeline.

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        ICE has, by far the worst hiring process in the entire fed system....the worst, horrible. The HR people are an absolute abortion and the epitome of a federal employee.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was long but not bad. Especially when it was the 'one stop' hiring method. I went to a hotel ballroom they rented to do the entry test on a computer, went to the one stop where they did medical, BI, doctor, oral board, supervisor interview, everything all at once, and that was it. So only had to travel once for the one stop, (testing was local), and got a job offer eventually. Just took a very long time.

• Reading this thread is fairly discouraging. I was late in the game and didn't apply until about the last day or two of the announcement. Sounds like my pkg is waaaaaaaay in the back of the line.

I applied to the DC office, and emailed my resume to Baltimore. But from the sounds of it the recruiters are most likely inundated with emails at this point..

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get an email inviting you to take the online assessment, or did you get the "application is complete...no further action" email?

• jdpopo
        jdpopo commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the "application complete" email. I saw that mentioned a few times in this thread, but I don't think anyone has verified what that exactly means. Am I wrong?

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        deleted...
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:17 PM.

• jdpopo
        jdpopo commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm hoping this is the first "wave" of numerous. And I went through and double checked and didn't answer anything wrong. I think I just waited too long to apply. Hopefully once they're through this wave I'll get hit up on the next. Who knows?

• Any LEO hiring process with the Feds is slow. The 1811 process can be 2 years or longer, but if you get hired, very much worth it. My vote for the worst might be ATF, they still seemingly have 2012 testers still in line!
      I would imagine that the Feds loose a lot of good talent due to the process. But if you’re young and have an LE gig, just keep climbing that local ladder. View it like the lottery. You can’t win if you don’t play, but don’t plan your life on it!

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Th ATF process is pretty lengthy.

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm at FLETC right now. Most of those ATF guys are huge and I don't mean fat., I'm someone that's 6' 1" and a pretty solid 220.

• I received the same thank you for your interest email, application is complete, no further action required at this time. I didn't do the assessment though does anyone know what that means since I didn't do the assessment?

Comment

• FedOhio
        FedOhio commented
        Editing a comment
        I received about three “application is complete emails.” I was interviewed over the phone by the SAC office the day after the announcement closed. Last week I received a call and email from the group supervisor that set up the original interview. He stated to the handful of guys on the email thread that we should of received the written assessment link. However l didn’t get a link or take the written assessment. He stated I must of taken it previously because it showed I was good to go. So I don’t think those emails are anything really.

• matt_laut
        matt_laut commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh okay so it's not a "you're no longer being considered" email it just states the application is completed at this time? Cool I know a few people who received the assessment email so I was worried?

• Rickyrecon012
        Rickyrecon012 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not trying to be negative, butttttttt

“Initial Unproctored Assessment: The initial group of applicants to be tested will receive a link by email to complete a candidate experience record and an automated writing assessment. A PASSING score is required for the writing assessment which evaluates an applicant's overall writing ability, organization, presentation of ideas, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary. All applicants must complete this assessment. Prior writing sample scores will not be accepted.” That’s coming straight from the announcement. Then again, everything in the government contradicts itself.

• FedOhio
        FedOhio commented
        Editing a comment
        It is the gov. Although I didn’t take the candidate experience record either. I think I may of taken the steps back in 2016. So they could be using those results for me. During my interview the supervisor said it was an expedited hiring. So might be two different tracks. Who knows.
        Last edited by FedOhio; 05-13-2019, 04:36 PM.

• Anyone get invited to take the proctored test yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10664 users online. 399 members and 10265 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X