Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine was in spam too... I took this test for the 16' app, sucks to have to take it again. Math sucks!

Comment

• Nieto2588
      Nieto2588 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you speak with a recruiter or HR about re-taking the exam? Unless you're pending medical review or a step that is going to take quite some time to clear, I'd probably hold off and continue with your initial app. Just a thought, but if you end up failing the DH written test, it may cause your initial application to change to ineligible (which it shouldn't), but there are a lot of weird caveats. Again, this isn't gospel, just something to consider and maybe look into.

• CFAV
      CFAV commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been pending medical since June last year. I spoke with HR last week and they said to call back in a week... they claimed the doctors notes on my file reflect they are "really, really" looking at it now.. What a sham lol. Since my SAC told me to apply for this direct hire, I will double check about taking the test again.

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      CFAV let me know what you find out, I passed the test for the 2016 announcement as well and got this invite.

• Got the invite. it was in Spam

Comment

• Anyone else looking at the scheduling see some oddities in the testing centers/times?
      I am in the NE close to the border, there is a SAC in my local city. There is an international office about an hour and a half away.
      However there was only 1 test time available local, a plethora available in the international office area, then a large number available back in my state but about 70 miles away. What gives? Just thought it was strange how only 1 time was available locally to the SAC office.
      Regardless I'm all scheduled for middle of this week.

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        The testing isn't necessarily done at ICE or HSI centers, so the proximity to an ICE office doesn't really play a factor into it. Good luck, study your math if you're not confident in it.

• Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know of anyone that completed their written test through a local SAC. Mine was via a third party contract company, and I'm pretty sure others are the same. You'll check in with your DL and login to a computer to take the proctored exam.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct, they're done at contracted testing centers

• Gooby77
        Gooby77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right, I know the testing is done through a contractor (took it yesterday), I just thought it was odd the locations offered in relation to the office location.
        I would have assumed there would be more local times available based on the office here. At least that has been my experience with other similar tests.

Last edited by Striker44; 05-24-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• What day did emails go out? I haven’t revived anything. Not even a rejection email.

Comment

• I have an honest question. I’m 21 so I have 16 years to go federal but not sure what I want to do. 1811, 1801, 0083, or 0082. I’m interested in all of them but really have no clue what I would love the most. I’m applying to everything I see and I’m taking the written exam for HSI in 3 weeks. I know 1811 has the best perks but I would also love to be ERO Officer, US Marshal, DHS FPS, etc. I would love some input; if there is a forum about this stuff, please send me a link. I’m starting out with state parole and probation, I speak fluent Russian, and have a bachelors degree. Would love some input.

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Tread cautiously when talking ill of some of the agencies, they do in fact monitor these forums.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            You say go FBI does the road with work experience, so why wouldn't you get it in any of the agencies you said not to? If someone wants to go fed eventually and they have the option between say BP and being a local/state, they're ****ing away time if they go local. They won't get a full pension out of it, every day they stay non-fed before switching is a day they delay their retitement, every year they stay non fed is their own calculation they're hurting, their time in service, so on so forth.

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes, it all depends on how you construct your resume. FBI is always looking for those who are fluent in a second language. Take a look at your resume. If you don't hit on whatever desired skills they are looking for, then they will not consider you. Who knows? The young lady who was hired over you and your friend probably had a "water-walker" resume. No agency has the time nor the inclination to meticulously comb through thousands of resumes. Key words, my friend...key words.

Also, with thousands of resumes moving through HR, some might get unintentionally passed over or even lost (we are dealing with the government, just ask the guys and gals battling for VA benefits). Also, if you apply to enough FEDLEO agencies you will soon realize that there is no tangible rhyme or reason for the decisions they make. The game is to throw everything on the wall and see what sticks. Plenty with more experience than you (masters, doctorate, military, LE, 1811s, MD, JD, etc.) have been rejected from multiple agencies. There was a guy on the USSS forum who was a Marine, lawyer (practicing attorney...not just law school graduate), mathematician and could not get hired to save his life. Even with this paticular announcement, I didn't get an initial test date, and I have a masters, former BPA (LRS stand up!), ATF Industry Ops, Spanish speaker, 7 years intel, lectured at two universities (one is currently the 2019 champ!!! Go Tigers!!) and devilish good looks. You can get mad, but you have to learn to get over it.

Also, the universe may be trying to tell you that FBI may not be the right fit for you. You said you didn't like how they operated, so why put yourself in a position that forces you to contradict your moral compass? Just something to think about.
            Last edited by Radio Raheem; 05-23-2019, 10:00 AM.

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            In my opinion, immigration does not suck. BP and CBP can be awesome avenues to open doors for you. ERO is also a great gig (plain clothes, fug ops, LEAP, travel, etc.).

If you are on the border with HSI, you will be working either immigration and/or narcotics.

The 0083 series is a police officer designation, but rarely do you do actual police work. Most of the time it is security and you only go up to a GS-9 or 11.

Capitol Police is one of the only 0083 series that get paid over $100,000. The good thing about them is that you can work for overtime (double-time) or comp time. I have heard stories of some Capitol Police officer taking months off at a time. Some would take the entire winter off or some of the summer.

• There you go - the rejection emails are out .
          Good luck to everyone else
          no more gossip and theories )

Comment

• Theout
            Theout commented
            Editing a comment
            Did not obtain “sufficient score on the written assessment.“

• decleator
            decleator commented
            Editing a comment
            Unproctored or proctored?

• Theout
            Theout commented
            Editing a comment
            No - just the standard assessment ( essay) / never received the written ( proctored one )

Not sure who judged the essay .... and scored it .

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            Ineligible for the following position or positions:

GL-1811-7; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.
            GL-1811-9; Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time.

• Took my test. Proctor said it was 3-6 weeks for results. Wasn't too bad. The study guide covers everything you need. I'm more worried about the comprehensive section than the Math.
          Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• decleator
            decleator commented
            Editing a comment
            Took mine as well. I'm still wondering if it's cumulative or if you do bad on one section you fail.

• Out. Due to volume of applicants.

Comment

• WV101
            WV101 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you apply during the time the announcement was live?

• Last night I received this statement from the NoResults email:
          • GL-1811-7; You are ineligible because you do not meet the requirements of this position as specified in the job opportunity announcement.

I received this notification regarding my application for the Criminal Investigator position under announcement ELHU-INV-10461685-DH-TEM. The notification above states I am not eligible because I did not meet the requirements for the position. May someone explain this please? I was invited to partake in the written test for this exact 1811 position in July of 2018. Furthermore, I attached my transcripts to my application in April stating I have a Bachelor degree in Cyber Security also reflecting Superior Academic Achievement Provisions. Is this a mistake?

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the same email for 7 and 9. I applied like a day before the close of the announcement so I guess they got the desired number of qualified applicants prior to the submission of my application. I guess I was supposed to apply as early as I could. I also got invited to take an exam 2 years ago on a previous announcement, but I had to cancel because I was about to go through an academy.

• I got rejected also no biggie.

Comment

• This process is built to move forward some of us with "luck". Plain and simple... lots and I mean lots of folks on here have incredible resumes, credentials, education, experience, physical fitness, financial responsibility, etc... but if you can not get through the process it will never matter what you bring to the table. With that being said I fall into the same category of applicant described plus I speak a foreign language fluently. Here is what Norfolk told me in regards to the proctored exam I took for the last DH announcement:

"Good Day,

The scores are processed systematically and unfortunately we won't be able to give you the exact grade on the assessment(s)/test(s) that you have taken.

Thank you for your interest."

This right there tells me that a dumb computer grades our writing essays. Is it fair? Probably not.. but it is what it is..... a computer failed a lot of you but then again... can you imagine the logistics of having a human grade an essay for all testers?

Comment

• amgclass
              amgclass commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear about your outcome. When you mentioned the last DH announcement, is it correct that you're referring to the June 2018 one? Wasn't sure if there was another DH I don't know about.
              Last edited by amgclass; 05-24-2019, 08:05 PM.

• agent05
              agent05 commented
              Editing a comment
              amgclass
              that is correct... it was for the previous DH announcement from June 2018

• I got the "your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants" rejection email. The HSI announcement is seriously the strangest of hiring processes I've seen out of all agencies I've ever applied to. If you're qualified why not just let people move forward in the process?

Comment

• AgentNitro
              AgentNitro commented
              Editing a comment
              This is a highly desired position. Several thousand people apply for a shot at this every time it posts. If they considered everyone that meets the qualifications, they would be far more inundated than they already are. And, believe me, there's no lack of applicants to process. Many that have completed the hiring process are still awaiting academy dates from the 2015 and 2016 vacancy announcements.

• izamsilas
              izamsilas commented
              Editing a comment
              I wouldn’t feel too bad. I use to work for this agency, many name changes ago, and I threw in an app on this notice and got the same email. I’d only go back there because it’s the devil I know and I am on the downhill slope to retirement. They’ve been a mess since the merger and will continue to be one. Such is the path of the rudderless ship

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw somewhere on one of these forums that the first 500 qualified applicants would be considered. Unfortunately, I was late in learning this information...otherwise, I would have been at the starting line at 11:59 pm like all of the other hungry people on the forum. Congrats to those who are moving forward in the process and good luck! As far as 1811 gigs go, this one isn't terrible compared to others. Stay safe!

• Has anyone who took the proctored test for the last announcement as well as this announcement’s writing sample, received any information back? If we didn’t get a rejection email, does that mean we passed the writing sample and are still prospective candidates?

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              All the people I recruited who took the online at home test who passed it received scheduling emails in their spam folders or failure emails already. Check your spam

• stempienc14
              stempienc14 commented
              Editing a comment
              So I should've gotten an email even if I already have a passing score for the proctored exam from within the past year?

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be a unique situation. not sure the timeline for those with previous DH testing scores since this is the first time there have been two DHs in a row with previous scores being taken

• AgentNitro
              AgentNitro commented
              Editing a comment
              Log in to your usajobs account and click on your HSI application to view additional details. It'll take you to an application manager that will show you which notices they've sent you and have links to access the documents. This is probably the best way to stay in the loop and track information that is sent to you throughout the initial stages in the hiring process.

Last edited by nonotnow; 06-03-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• AgentNitro
              AgentNitro commented
              Editing a comment
              No need to get on an HSI forum after you've decided to no longer pursue it and make it known internationally. Good luck to you, but please keep those types of comments to yourself. They're personal and there's plenty of motivated applicants on here looking for useful information.

• izamsilas
              izamsilas commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t get it either, I think it took close to 2 years to get picked up by USCS back when I went there. For history buffs, the new test is just a reworking of the old Treasury Enforcement Agent exam, which was like the GMAT. I never really understood why it had all the math other than it was testing your problem solving under pressure. Bigger point is that it’s been around decades.

• Army_Cyber
              Army_Cyber commented
              Editing a comment
              This post cracked me up. Sounds like the test made someone feel inadequate/stupid, is afraid they probably failed and wants to preemptively break things off before they get NOR that they failed. Blaming it on processing time and the fact that the test had math is absurd. Last HSI DH I had my FJO within 7 months. Incredibly fast. Sorry you can't pass HSI test, try studying next time.

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              The math is probably due to the historical beginnings of Custom (Treasury) when SAs had to be able to understand and calculate tariffs. You know...back when your phone wasn't portable or a friggin computer! Nowadays, no one does math in their brain. That's old-school! Sounds like somebody's living in the past...CONTEMPORRIIIZZEE MAN! (Dennis Hopper - Apocalypse Now voice)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6918 users online. 355 members and 6563 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X