300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by policewannabe View Post

Are you able to post the current timeline guidelines?
    If you mean the document they sent out that shows every step? Absolutely not. If you have something specific you want to ask, I’ll answer it.

Comment

• policewannabe
      policewannabe commented
      Editing a comment
      What month is the pt test?

• ifineed2
      ifineed2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very end of the process so August - September.

• stempienc14
      stempienc14 commented
      Editing a comment
      If someone passed the previous DH exam (pending they pass this writing assessment), do you know if they will hear anything about the process around the time others schedule their proctored exam?

• ifineed2
      ifineed2 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you’re in the process for the DHA your results will be carried over unless you want to retest.

• Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post

It will not make you ineligible, they have nothing to do with one another. But I’d study, I’ve taken both and I though ours (HSI) was far harder.
    So do you know if the "your application is complete" emails are a bad omen? I hear they were last go around for the 2016 DH. I got it after doing the assessment.
    Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• Tommy_V
      Tommy_V commented
      Editing a comment
      deleted...
      Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:17 PM.

• ifineed2
      ifineed2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually this means you are done moving forward. BUT last year several got them and once a lot of people failed the written test, they went back to those applicants and pushed them forward to backfill those who failed. So it may not mean you’re completely out, but it means you’re not moving ahead right then.

Those who’ve gotten it after the writing assessment, I have no clue what to say. It’s a new process again, they’ve changed up some things and it could literally mean nothing other than you’re caught up. If I gave you an answer I’d me guessing.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate you giving us the insight.

• Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post

Very end of the process so August - September.
    That's incredibly fast. What are the PT test requirements?

Comment

• ifineed2
      ifineed2 commented
      Editing a comment
      To be quite honest, I find it very hard to believe. But anything is possible when they decide to do something. 32 sit-ups in 60 seconds. 220 yd sprint in 47.78 seconds or less. 22 pushups in 60 seconds. 1.5 mile run in 14:25 or less.

• $hrapnel yesterday afternoon was a weekend. Looks like others who took the assessment on the weekend or late Friday didn't get any "application complete" email. It looks like everyone who did the assessment on Thursday night or early Friday got the "assessment complete" email. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-05-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I took it at 8 am Friday and I haven't received any additional emails. I'm willing to speculate that the timing of emails or number of emails means absolutely nothing. Standard hiring process are a crap shoot so I'm sure the direct hire approach is even more uncertain. I just threw my name in the hat to see what would happen.

I honestly wish everyone would follow the USPIS and FBI model by not allowing more than one active application. These agencies probably spend so much time sifting through repeat applicants to where it takes forever to see any movement. That is probably why HSI chose to go the direct hire route in the first place.

• Applied the 2nd day after the announcement came out, and had to edit application because I forgot to add a document. This past weekend on Saturday morning 0445 hrs I get the email invitation to take the online assessment within 48hrs. I completed that the next morning (Sunday). Now it's a waiting game. I have not received the "application complete" email if that means anything to anyone. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Did anyone get any emails today?

Comment

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted.....
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:10 PM.

• my93rx7tt
        my93rx7tt commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the test Friday night and haven't received any follow up emails.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing here and I got the app complete after assessment.

• Rickyrecon012
        Rickyrecon012 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tommy_V that’s bs if it means it’s over, especially since they keep extending the assessment

• Comment

• Bluelife1977
        Bluelife1977 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did your email after assessment look like this?

• Did your email look like this after assessment

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluelife1977 View Post

Did your email look like this after assessment
        Yes. When did you take the online assessment and when did you get that email ?

Comment

• Bluelife1977
          Bluelife1977 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s from a buddy. She wasn’t invited for the assessment

• I have received so many questions about the “your application is complete” email (from here and in the course of business) I have emailed HQ to inquire about more details. Once I actually know something I’ll post iwhat I can here to everyone.

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          That's cool of you to do, thanks a bunch.

• Valor1977
          Valor1977 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah thanks. Crazy process and info is always appreciated.

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks bro.

• Tommy_V
          Tommy_V commented
          Editing a comment
          Much appreciated

• Just got this email. I imagine it's just to remind me to take any other assessments. Unless theres other ones I haven't been invited to take.
        Attached Files

Comment

• $hrapnel
          $hrapnel commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got the same thing

• DocHolidayFan
          DocHolidayFan commented
          Editing a comment
          Received that same email this morning

• Caidoz
          Caidoz commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks like that email was sent to clarify.

Originally two emails were sent for the unproctored assessment, one saying it was due within 48 hours and another by 6/1.

This one says that it has to be done by the tenth which I'm guessing is allowing it for the people that didn't do it within the first 48 hours a chance to keep moving on.

• RVAhiker
          RVAhiker commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. If you click the assessment link again it should tell you that you are complete

• Straight from Hq: unsure what exactly this message means and why it’s being sent to applicants in various stages of the process. There was a meeting with HQ, and OHC and it was said DSC Would be sending out emails specifying why peoples applications are complete for now. There were a lot of people who made themselves ineligible in the self certification portion of the application. More specifically, a large number of applicants check that they were either ineligible for security reasons or unqualified and that portion of the application process.

That’s what I got back, I have no additional information, this doesn’t break down or clearly distinguish between those who received this email and didn’t have the writing sample portion of the test versus those that received this email after having the writing sample portion of the test.

Further, if you received the email and have not done the online writing sample, I strongly recommend you look back over your application. It is possible you checked something incorrectly.

Comment

• Tommy_V
          Tommy_V commented
          Editing a comment
          Updating your application bumps you to the back of the list.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          @Tommy_V: Oh, well there it is then.

• ifineed2
          ifineed2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Email OPm man.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          I just called so email s the next step.

• How many here took the unproctored online assessment and still didn’t get the “application complete” emails?
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-07-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• my93rx7tt
          my93rx7tt commented
          Editing a comment
          same as guys above

• $hrapnel
          $hrapnel commented
          Editing a comment
          Same as well

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          My buddy who is applying with me and took his assessment didn't get the e-mail. I did. And we both got the email everyone else just got (to get assessments done by the 10th).

• mxxdude
          mxxdude commented
          Editing a comment
          Verbatim what caidoz said

• So what I'm getting from all this discussion is that no one knows what the below email message really means? Just a sit and wait email or what?

"Thank you for your interest in ELHU-INV-10461685-DH-TEM, Criminal Investigator. Your application is complete. No further action is required at this time."

I applied in the first hour or so, have double, triple and quadruple checked my application that there were no errors or choices that would preclude me from proceeding, I got the assessment email, took the assessment, and shortly after got the above email. Which i'm guessing means nothing as they aren't even reviewing the writing assessments yet I was told....

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol you missed the part where they mentioned receiving and taking the assessment AgentNitro

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless hes talking about an in person assessment, yeah most of us have done the online assessment. I'd be surprised if they sorted through all the online assessments and started giving people the thanks but no thanks emails.

• AgentNitro
          AgentNitro commented
          Editing a comment
          I stopped reading after he/she quoted OPM. That's the blanket response their giving to candidates that aren't being invited to take the assessment as well. Since applicants are receiving the same response post assessment, it shouldn't leave anyone much confidence in what it means. Best bet is to try to be patient (I know it's not easy), and see what comes your way.

• CFAV
          CFAV commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied on the first day, and made changes to my application hours before it closed the last day. I got the email and took the written assessment already. Not sure I buy into all that "changes put you at the back of the list"

• I understand these questions are becoming redundant and confusing but maybe someone can shed some light on this:

I received the “application is complete” email last week off the bat without an assessment link. I applied first day 7 hours after it opened. There are people who are receiving the same “application is complete” email after taking the assessment.

Are those two groups(email without assessment and email after assessment) now in the same boat as far as hsi is concerned?

Comment

• Valor1977
          Valor1977 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you review your application and make sure you did not answer something that would preclude you from proceeding? Like being a felon, or a DV charge...?

• CFAV
          CFAV commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied within the first few hours and then made changes to my application the last day hours before it closed. I have taken the written assessment per the email. I don't think anyone really knows whats going on.

• USAFANG03
          USAFANG03 commented
          Editing a comment
          At this point there is not telling, its the Fed G. As far as updating the application and it kicking you to the back of the line, that is not true. I did it and took the online assessment.

• Sports21
          Sports21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Could choosing 'GS-9" as the lowest grade I was willing to accept over "GS-7" done me in?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5230 users online. 262 members and 4968 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X