Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also received an invitation. I scheduled it for the first week of June, that'll give me a few weeks to study.

Comment

• Got the invite! Remaining hopeful! Any advice for the exam?

Comment

• Yep. Invite was in my Spam folder.

Comment

• Got the email to schedule the proctored exam at 1:58 PM (Pacific time). I also received the "your application is complete" email following the online assessment a few weeks ago. Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• I'm assuming everyone who got invited to start testing had applied soon after the announcement opened? I submitted my pkg the day it was closing..... :-(

Comment

• Received the invitation email this afternoon to schedule the proctored exam.
              Last edited by gsxridr2000; 05-17-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone who passed the proctored exam within the past year receive an invite or any information?

Comment

• cmor5150
                  cmor5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I passed the test last year and never got an invite after I completed the un proctored exam

• Got the email for the next test. How does this test compare to the old TEA exam? I have some old books for studying for that exam.

Comment

• To those of you who had taken the proctored exam before, is it supposed to be taken without a calculator? Just need to know that for sure so I can prepare accordingly, thanks.

Comment

• Boot1811
                  Boot1811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No calculator.

• Anyone know if the proctored test is pass/fail, or does it go by what you score? Results take months to get?

Comment

• stempienc14
                  stempienc14 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am not sure but I think it goes by score. Because for the last announcements some people were referred to one of the locations they selected but not the other and I am guessing that was because of how their score compared to the others who selected the same locations. (but this is a complete guess).

• Not sure why everyone mentions the application complete. Receiving the that is what you were supposed to receive after taking the online assessment. People who didn't make the cutoff to test initially also received it if their application was otherwise good to go (for the most part).

Anyways, highly recommend scheduling asap. I've seen and personally had job applications where I didn't schedule right away and did a few days later, and had only bunny locations, dates and times for my exam.

Edit: also, brush up on your math. The math isn't complex, it is the basics, but things most people haven't used since grade school. Lots of long division, dividing past decimal points, multiplying and things like converting fractions to decimals, multiplying fractions, etc. When I took the test, it was a lot of work problem scenarios; 'company X is bringing is 426,612 pounds of whatever, with a duty rate of 0.063 dollars per ton. What is the duty due'. Stuff like that
                ​​​​
                Last edited by battlewagon; 05-18-2019, 01:46 PM.
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• decleator
                  decleator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do they provide you with a calculator for the exam?

• Nieto2588
                  Nieto2588 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No.. You have to be able to do basic math without a calculator.

• Lovetocamp
                  Lovetocamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I've been looking at it, the review questions were pretty tough given the case I haven't done this math in years without a calculator. Just a few minutes reviewing ratios, distance/time/rate and what not has helped tremendously.

You don't happen to have any other resources to pull up similar like questions? 7 questions isn't enough..,.
                  Last edited by Lovetocamp; 05-19-2019, 02:21 AM.

• For those who have taken the exam before, do they provide scratch paper or can you write on the exam booklet (assuming that’s what the exam is on)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Alex View Post
                  For those who have taken the exam before, do they provide scratch paper or can you write on the exam booklet (assuming that’s what the exam is on)?
                  Scratch paper will be provided, and the test is conducted on a computer.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                    Not sure why everyone mentions the application complete. Receiving the that is what you were supposed to receive after taking the online assessment. People who didn't make the cutoff to test initially also received it if their application was otherwise good to go (for the most part).

Anyways, highly recommend scheduling asap. I've seen and personally had job applications where I didn't schedule right away and did a few days later, and had only bunny locations, dates and times for my exam.

Edit: also, brush up on your math. The math isn't complex, it is the basics, but things most people haven't used since grade school. Lots of long division, dividing past decimal points, multiplying and things like converting fractions to decimals, multiplying fractions, etc. When I took the test, it was a lot of work problem scenarios; 'company X is bringing is 426,612 pounds of whatever, with a duty rate of 0.063 dollars per ton. What is the duty due'. Stuff like that
                    ​​​​
                    are there going to be more invites sent out or is this it. I have not received one but did do the unproctered test

Comment

• Does anyone know how soon you get to find out the exam result after taking it? I was hoping the invitation email mentions it but it doesn't.

Comment

• Nieto2588
                        Nieto2588 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Whenever they decide to grade them and send out results... I'm from 2016 and it took several months.. Each vacancy is different.

• amgclass
                        amgclass commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I see. Is it correct the proctored exam you took had an actual writing portion as if you were writing a detailed report? From what I understand, they have changed it from having that actual writing portion to having “writing skills assessment”, which only consists of multiple choice questions. Hence this is why we have done the writing sample separately online. Since they no longer have to grade writing samples in the proctored exam and everything is a computerized multiple choice question, I was thinking it shouldn’t be long to receive our results after taking it.

I know an 1811 written exam that emailed you the result as you were walking back to the car after taking it. Hoping it won’t be months to find out for this one.
                        Last edited by amgclass; 05-19-2019, 10:24 AM.

• Nieto2588
                        Nieto2588 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don't read too far into it. Here's the exam prep published by ICE for HSI applicants. Everyone signs the non-disclosure, so you shouldn't get much detailed info on here. When I took it, there was an essay portion. I don't remember doing this in the initial assessment, so it may have changed. If you can get through the prep exam with ease, you'll be fine. Good luck.

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/satestprep.pdf

• amgclass
                        amgclass commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, I just wanted to confirm that essay portion is no longer in the proctored exam. Thanks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7082 users online. 428 members and 6654 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X