Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay I got the email to take the assessment guys. I applied within 15 mins of it opening but i updated my application last day.
    Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• So did that assessment take the place of the other hard *** proctored exam? I told a retired HSI guy how hard that test was and he said "good HSI hires a lot of dumbass guys" (his words not mine). And I remember thinking, oh that must be why, because that test was harder than the FBIs. But that was it? some personality questions a little writing sample?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
        Lovetocamp commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't believe so, next will be the proctored exam. I was told to study for it by an agent in my agency.

• r3gul8r
        r3gul8r commented
        Editing a comment
        This online assessment was to assess if you were literate enough to take the actual test. Probably trying to save themselves money and time instead of sending meatheads over to take the actual exam.

• Just curious. Does anybody have any fears of Democrat nominees wanting to abolish ICE? That would suck to get hired only for it to go away.

Comment

• Boot1811
        Boot1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really. Even if something like that did happen, I don't see them just getting rid of over 6,000 SAs. They'd probably try to reorganize stuff, but even that would be moving a mountain.

• ifineed2
        ifineed2 commented
        Editing a comment
        No fear, maybe hope. The smartest thing Trump could’ve done is agreed to abolish ice and make HSI stand alone under DHS. Make ERO fall under BP (or something similar). He could’ve then told them he’s giving them what they want. Of course they wouldn’t have wanted it then since he offered.

• Originally posted by BK4448 View Post
      Just curious. Does anybody have any fears of Democrat nominees wanting to abolish ICE? That would suck to get hired only for it to go away.
      Democrats will abolish ICE, once the Republicans are done abolishing Social Security. Until then, don't hold your breath.

Comment

• Received the application email without any testing. Does this mean my application has ended?

Comment

• $hrapnel
          $hrapnel commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes and no. You have been passed over for now but if a ton of people didn’t get through the test they will start pulling from applications that didn’t make the first round.

• Originally posted by Lovetocamp View Post
        So my roommate who also updated his application, at a later time than I did, also got an email saying his app was complete. I haven't gotten anything yet.

The preferred candidate selection is a load of bull. When you submitted your app time doesn't matter because like I said before... I have 2 friends who applied. Both federal Leos. One has a law degree with active military time and other has a bachelors with reserve time. Law degree guy applied before bachelors guy. Bachelors guy got the test emails and law degree guy got the application is completed email.
        I'm not saying there's no room for BS, but what makes the preferred candidate thing BS overall? Networking isn't a bad thing.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          None of us know anyone at HSI. We are all relatively new at our BP jobs as it is. So it wasn't networking. How did a more qualified candidate not get selected over us two?

• ifineed2
          ifineed2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Love is wrong, preferred candidates are not BS. Preferred candidates are those who were selected by a sac office ahead of time. They’re prioritized for the process. They are not able to skip steps (like I saw someone say) they just move along first. If they’re not qualified, they get dropped and can be back filled by another applicant (non preferred).

• I got the assessment email and just completed it. As luck would have it I clicked the final submit button and it states USA Staffing is under maintanence. Anyone else get this too? Just trying to make sure my assessment was recorded.

Comment

• Theout
          Theout commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep I am on the same boat . Hope it went through

• SSG_MP
          SSG_MP commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here...

• RVAhiker
          RVAhiker commented
          Editing a comment
          I clicked the assessment link again from my email and it looks like it did go through.

• So were we able to figure out if there was any screening process for who got the online assessment or do we still believe it’s the first x amount of applicants?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't believe so because I had to update my application on the last day and I got the invite. My friend who submitted his literally 15 mins after the announcement got passed over.

• Subsequent to taking the assessment, I received the application complete email. Hopefully the email isn’t a bad omen.

Comment

• $hrapnel
          $hrapnel commented
          Editing a comment
          I completed the assessment and didn’t get an email.. I’m kinda worried about that

• deleted....
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• So here is my theory, I received five emails on the day the email with the assessment link was sent out and one email the day following.

Email 1: Contained assessment link -- compete assessment by 6/1
          Email 2: Came 15 min after email 1 -- Contained assessment link -- compete assessment by 6/1
          Email 3: Came 15 min after email 2 -- Contained assessment link -- compete assessment by 6/1
          Email 4: Came 3 hr 15 min after email 1 -- Contained assessment link -- compete assessment by 6/1
          Email 5: Came 5 hr after email 1 -- Contained assessment link -- compete assessment by 6/1
          Email 6: Came 6 hr 30 min after email 1 -- Contained assessment link -- compete assessment by 6/11

I'm guessing if you contained an assessment link and completed it sometime between Email 1 and 6, any subsequent emails would have told you that all assessments have been completed.

I was unable to do the assessments on the day that the link was emailed so I had to wait until yesterday. I completed the assessment yesterday afternoon and have not received any emails since.

I'm guessing if you did not receive an email with assessment link you are currently not being considered at this time.

Comment

• $hrapnel
            $hrapnel commented
            Editing a comment
            I only received 1 email to complete assessment yesterday. I completed the assessment this afternoon and haven’t received anything since.

• Originally posted by chipperjones View Post
          So did that assessment take the place of the other hard *** proctored exam? I told a retired HSI guy how hard that test was and he said "good HSI hires a lot of dumbass guys" (his words not mine). And I remember thinking, oh that must be why, because that test was harder than the FBIs. But that was it? some personality questions a little writing sample?
          No. It’s done to make sure applicants can write logically.
          Last edited by ifineed2; 05-05-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Special Agent Test Battery with this position and the FBI's Special Agent phase I test? I didn't pass the FBI proctored exam which was within the last 12 months so I'm trying to see if this would make me ineligible for the ICE SA test.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotRecalled View Post
              Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Special Agent Test Battery with this position and the FBI's Special Agent phase I test? I didn't pass the FBI proctored exam which was within the last 12 months so I'm trying to see if this would make me ineligible for the ICE SA test.
              It will not make you ineligible, they have nothing to do with one another. But I’d study, I’ve taken both and I though ours (HSI) was far harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post

No. It’s done to make sure applicants can write logically.
                Are you able to post the current timeline guidelines?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5428 users online. 275 members and 5153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X