Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing yet. The end of this week is the two week mark. I'm hoping some of the folks here start sounding off, so we know they're initiating contact.

Comment

• My buddy emailed a recruiter, here's what he told him.

The direct hire and public announcement activated simultaneously. A coworker did the direct hire route and the field offices were required to make their selection for those positions by last week on Friday. We applied in the public announcement vacancy and those indivuals have not been contacted or selected yet, opm is reviewing those applications and they will contact the candidates for test dates once their done reviewing the most qualified, they are taking the first 2,500 most competitive candidates. Our selection of location had zero impact on their decision for selection and will ultimately hold no weight if we are offered the position.
      So it sounds like I'm screwed for updating my application on the last day because I had made a mistake on it via mobile, when I first submitted it on the first day.

I'll cling to some hope though.
      Former BPA, finally out , current 1811.

Comment

• "the field offices were required to make their selection for those positions by last week on Friday"

- Would this mean that the direct hire announcements were already selected?

I thought only the direct hire announcement went live on USAJOBS, i don't get what you mean by "the field offices were required to make their selection for those positions by last week on Friday".. You mind explaining? I'm lost brother.

Hang in there man, I'm sure you're still good!

Comment

• I'm not sure any of you are "good". OPM will make that determination. Only the preferred candidates were selected by SAC's that participated. Not all did, so many will be referred to various offices for testing through OPM. Last time around, there was an issue with updating your application last minute and being dropped to the back of the pack. I'm not sure if that was mitigated, but there were many complaints because of it. However, there was a cutoff in scores that was later dropped to allow other candidates to continue in the process. Many, many applicants fail out at various steps throughout the process (i.e. written exam fails tons, panels fail some, backgrounds fail a moderate number).

Comment

• Lovetocamp
            Lovetocamp commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm good for written exams and backgrounds. Panel interviews I have to practice for, but I'll ve alright. I'm just worried about the updating the application and falling into the back of the line thing.

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            Its definitely going to be interesting seeing who gets selected as most qualified. I know a good 20 people who put in for this posting ranging from all sorts of backgrounds . Ill keep the forum posted.
            Last edited by Sgt0844; 05-03-2019, 12:11 PM.

• Are preferred candidates only testing?

Comment

• AgentNitro
            AgentNitro commented
            Editing a comment
            You'd have your answer if you read a couple pages of the forum. At this point, all preferred candidates have already been contacted. The remaining applicants (which is the majority), should be contacted soon. I'd check out the threads on Delphi Forum under HSI. It's much more active and many current agents regularly monitor to point candidates in the right direction and offer their knowledge and experience. Good luck.

• r3gul8r
            r3gul8r commented
            Editing a comment
            AgentNitro. When you say all preferred candidates have been contacted, what do you mean by that? I've yet to see any posts from any applicant who were strictly a 2019 DHA applicant about any movement after applying via USAJobs. Maybe I'm missing something but I've yet to see any posts confirming this.

• AgentNitro
            AgentNitro commented
            Editing a comment
            The preferred candidates were few and far between. The DH process allows for this caveat, though. I wouldn’t be concerned with being preferred vs. non-preferred. If you applied early and have decent experience/education, you’ll likely move on in the process. The feds seem to drag their feet, even when they think they’re running at a full sprint.

• Problem is not everyone who applied for this position nor other openings you see being discussed on officer.com have accounts on here... This opening is especially competitive and many people probably don’t want to discuss the hiring process or information they may be receiving in regards to moving on with the application process. But like agentnitro said, maybe there’s better scoop on the other forum

Comment

• Valor1977
            Valor1977 commented
            Editing a comment
            What the "other"forum

• Valor1977 please refer to post #156.1

Comment

• The Delphi forums have little to no movement as of 4-26-2019 morning. A very few have stated hearing anything, but I believe some of those candidates are prior applicants from other announcements, as well as this one.

I believe if anyone has heard anything, posts will light up here, but as well as Delphi. Granted, not every applicant follows these forums but I feel like there's enough of us on these forums that if we hear something, posters will come on here or there to post their results.

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Appreciate the update.

• Originally posted by Sgt0844 View Post
            Problem is not everyone who applied for this position nor other openings you see being discussed on officer.com have accounts on here... This opening is especially competitive and many people probably don’t want to discuss the hiring process or information they may be receiving in regards to moving on with the application process. But like agentnitro said, maybe there’s better scoop on the other forum
            Which other forum? Delphi? I try to post the same info on both sites. The one thing about Delphi is you have a Lou of trolls or those who just don’t like DH applicants and others who just spread misinformation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post

Which other forum? Delphi? I try to post the same info on both sites. The one thing about Delphi is you have a Lou of trolls or those who just don’t like DH applicants and others who just spread misinformation.
              Like the guy arguing whether ICE or HSI is on your badge... what a waste of words.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
                Lovetocamp commented
                Editing a comment
                Its even worse on the BP forums, those guys drank too much of the kool-aid.

• ifineed2
                ifineed2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Some people think this job makes them something special, makes them cool or God’s gift. They forget how lucky they are to have it, instead, they believe the agency is lucky to have them. Sadly, I’m seeing more of these people than not.

• Originally posted by MAA View Post

Like the guy arguing whether ICE or HSI is on your badge... what a waste of words.
              Spot on. It’s comical but not when you’re new looking for help.

Comment

• I take it that if we didn't receive the postponement email which some of you did receive, that we didn't make the initial cut?

Comment

• $hrapnel
                  $hrapnel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In my experience we will receive a sorry, not sorry email saying we are not being considered at this time but may be in the future. Once you get that you know you’ve been passed over.

• Just created an account and got approved. I have been lurking for a few weeks, figured I would join the conversation.

This is my second time applying for HSI, I applied for the 2018 announcement and my NOR came back ineligible. This time around I got the email from mission support saying I was invited to the Written as well as the email saying the Written has been delayed. I am pretty stoked that I even got this far.

My background is 9 years in a non-sworn Law Enforcement position at a state agency with collateral duties assisting with investigations and intel gathering.

Reading the other forum post from the '16 announcement and seeing that people are still in the process waiting to hear back is a little discouraging, but I understand its a waiting game.

Comment

• Sgt0844
                  Sgt0844 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  written as in the online assessment or proctored?

• wba
                  wba commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The email says "...to invite you to take the written assessment exam for the Criminal Investigator position.".

Not sure if its online or proctored. I was reading somewhere, can't remember where, that said they are administered together now.

• Sgt0844
                  Sgt0844 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm just going off of this:

"Initial Unproctored Assessment: The initial group of applicants to be tested will receive a link by email to complete a candidate experience record and an automated writing assessment. A PASSING score is required for the writing assessment which evaluates an applicant's overall writing ability, organization, presentation of ideas, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary. All applicants must complete this assessment. Prior writing sample scores will not be accepted."

Emails weren't supposed to go out yet but once again who knows anymore

• wba
                  wba commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I didn't realize the tests were separate until looking at this forum. I have been studying for the proctored test. Going through all the math to refresh my memory. Some of those math problems are difficult without a calculator. Some people said calculators were allowed, others said no.

• So if we didn’t get an email does that mean we’re SOL?

Comment

• wba
                  wba commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From what I have gathered, no you're not SOL. They are processing referred/recommended candidates first. People who were recommended by a recruiter.

• kevmahones
                  kevmahones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea it’s a lot of timing and luck. I was selected for the last DH and probably won’t hear anything on this one. Hope it works out for you!

• Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
                So if we didn’t get an email does that mean we’re SOL?
                No. It does not mean that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9795 users online. 442 members and 9353 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X