Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 direct hire opening in March ‘19

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by boconnor View Post
    Well i missed this one, and the two agents i was talking to today just told me about it. anyone hear any rumors of the next one?
    You have to be active on these boards, I put out info a week ago and they delayed it, but at least people knew it was coming. Best thing I can say is start talking to recruiters, start working with HSI, meet GS’ and agents. It’ll likely be a year.

    Comment


    • boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw one a while ago and then forgot about it. Oh well. As far as working with hsi it's kinda hard where I am with my amount of time on.

  • Originally posted by Deadpker View Post
    What's HSI's poly status? I know CBP's has a high fail rate, is HSI's pretty much the same?
    The poly is extremely new, I don’t have any hard numbers on it, but personally I don’t like it. I just don’t believe in them, but that’s a personal thing. They keep saying they’re going to it with all applicants, but as of last year that was not possible as HSI doesn’t have enough polygraphers to test everyone and they only tested those with discrepancies in their backgrounds.

    Comment


    • Anyone know how the suitability determination differs from the final TS Clearance approval?

      Comment


      • Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm that’s a question and one that I’m interested in knowing the answer to as well.

        If I had to guess, I’d say the suitability determination is performed once your background report is returned to the agency from OPM. Final clearance is likely granted when the agency submits your packet to the clearing board.

      • Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        I spoke with a buddy of mine today that's a Deputy Marshal. He has a TS and said that it's "needs based". So, I don't need it until hired on and in need of having that type of access. He made it sound like it's one of the onboarding steps. I know tons of guys that are extended an academy date well before their background adjudicates, and typically it's completed prior to graduation. They give them priority due to the time restraints and them needing to be cleared for TS intel immediately post academy. I just wish that they would've allowed me to attend FLETC under the interim that I was eligible for late last year. I'm a current FLEO with 10+ years LEO experience, so I'm not sure how they make the determination on who gets to EOD prior to clearance. It's probably a lottery system and I drew the short straw. Oh well.. still making progress I suppose.
        Last edited by Nieto2588; 04-16-2019, 01:11 AM.

    • Hey all,

      Long time lurker here. I reached out to ICE to ask about the status of the announcement and such and was replied with this, "...Any SAC selections based off experience were already selected during the announcement period. You should be receiving an email if you were selected for processing"

      Not really sure what to make of this. Would this mean, I'm out of luck?

      Comment


      • Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty quick IMO...the job posting mentioned we should hear back with some sort of update on the processing within 2 weeks.

    • deleted...
      Last edited by Tommy_V; 05-25-2019, 06:22 PM.

      Comment


      • It's Direct Hire, so they can be more selective than usual. They'll test the guys that look good on paper first, then invite others as that list dwindles down. They've still got a ton of us from the 2016 announcement and last years DH. There's no common theme with the feds. You're better off forgetting about your application and just process through if/when they call. I sure wish I was better at doing that.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post

          The poly is extremely new, I don’t have any hard numbers on it, but personally I don’t like it. I just don’t believe in them, but that’s a personal thing. They keep saying they’re going to it with all applicants, but as of last year that was not possible as HSI doesn’t have enough polygraphers to test everyone and they only tested those with discrepancies in their backgrounds.
          They wouldn't be bad if they were implemented better. My personal opinion is that they shouldn't be used for pre employment. The part about polygraphs that makes no sense is that they occur before the background investigation. I work on background investigations, some cases have polygraphs apart of the process. For example: person verifies all of their background information, passes polygraph, then when the actual background occurs theres oodles of discrepancies. Then the question is, if there's all these discrepancies, how did they pass their polygraph?

          Comment


          • Nieto2588
            Nieto2588 commented
            Editing a comment
            IMO, polygraphs should be a tool used post background in order to affirm or refute information. They give the administrator an idea of your reaction to certain questions. IF they see something they don't like, they know where to look. However, if it doesn't result in the findings that they suspected, it should be cleared unfounded and not be used against the applicant in the hiring decision.

        • Originally posted by Levithane View Post

          They wouldn't be bad if they were implemented better. My personal opinion is that they shouldn't be used for pre employment. The part about polygraphs that makes no sense is that they occur before the background investigation. I work on background investigations, some cases have polygraphs apart of the process. For example: person verifies all of their background information, passes polygraph, then when the actual background occurs theres oodles of discrepancies. Then the question is, if there's all these discrepancies, how did they pass their polygraph?
          Leaving the merits of polygraphs and background investigations aside. It depends on the discrepancies.

          Not all polygraphs look for discrepancies in background investigations. Some are strictly counterintelligence polygraphs, they are looking for illicit interactions with foreign entities. These polygraphs are not designed to nail applicants for failing to list a job they held years ago, or forgetting to list a credit card debt they owe. Other polygraphs are designed to look for honesty in answers related to drug use or failure to honor debts and taxes. Certain agencies or departments do not look to kindly on unpaid taxes or prior drug use.

          Polygraphs and backgrounds are completed by different individuals and sometimes different offices to ensure information developed from one does not taint the other. You don't want bias from the polygraph to spill over into the background investigation or vice-versa.
          Last edited by titoCA321; 04-17-2019, 03:04 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Levithane View Post

            They wouldn't be bad if they were implemented better. My personal opinion is that they shouldn't be used for pre employment. The part about polygraphs that makes no sense is that they occur before the background investigation. I work on background investigations, some cases have polygraphs apart of the process. For example: person verifies all of their background information, passes polygraph, then when the actual background occurs theres oodles of discrepancies. Then the question is, if there's all these discrepancies, how did they pass their polygraph?
            When they were originally implemented they were being used only for discrepancies, which in my opinion. Makes sense. But honestly, I failed one for the SS. Actually they said it was inconclusive due to my reactions on the control questions. They took me off the box, went over the questions I was “inconclusive on” changed the way the worded them and I passed. What a joke. They could’ve walked me right there, and called it inconclusive...it’s just way to open for interpretation for me. I’d rather see them sink into background investigations harder. My worthless .02.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by titoCA321 View Post

              Leaving the merits of polygraphs and background investigations aside. It depends on the discrepancies.

              Not all polygraphs look for discrepancies in background investigations. Some are strictly counterintelligence polygraphs, they are looking for illicit interactions with foreign entities. These polygraphs are not designed to nail applicants for failing to list a job they held years ago, or forgetting to list a credit card debt they owe. Other polygraphs are designed to look for honesty in answers related to drug use or failure to honor debts and taxes. Certain agencies or departments do not look to kindly on unpaid taxes or prior drug use.

              Polygraphs and backgrounds are completed by different individuals and sometimes different offices to ensure information developed from one does not taint the other. You don't want bias from the polygraph to spill over into the background investigation or vice-versa.
              Which discrepancies specifically? I ask because if we're talking about alcohol related issues, or experimentation with drugs (like marijuana), we'll have a lot of people fail. I say this because I interview a ton of people related to those issues, and estimates are what I'm given majority of the time when it comes to usage. Me, I've failed one for a reaction to a question related to Domestic "Violence"(never engaged in Domestic Violence), and one for drugs (specifically abuse of prescription medication, which I have never done). To me it sounds good on paper, but in practice theres a lot of subjectivity involved.

              Comment


              • How long until we hear anything

                Comment


                • Lovetocamp
                  Lovetocamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  2 weeks from closing date. So April 25/26.

              • Originally posted by Radio Raheem View Post
                Does anyone have a list of the satellite offices under the responsibility of the SAC offices?
                Which office specifically?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
                  How long until we hear anything
                  Lovetocamp how do you know this

                  Comment


                  • Caidoz
                    Caidoz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is in the announcement.

                • Directly from the announcement:


                  "Next steps


                  ICE will test a limited group of applicants for selection consideration. Subsequently, applicants will be tested on an as needed basis to fill additional vacancies. We will consider applications in the order in which they are received.

                  Within approximately 2 weeks of completing the application in USAJOBS and USA Staffing, tentatively qualified and eligible applicants may receive an "Assessments are Required" notification and personalized link to complete the online unproctored assessments. Approximately 2 weeks following the unproctored testing window, applicants who passed the Writing Assessment will receive an invitation to schedule and complete the proctored assessments."

                  Comment


                  • Has anybody heard anything just yet? the announcement said "within" 2 weeks; which is nearing soon.

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 7786 users online. 371 members and 7415 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X