300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMS Schedule B Hiring 2019

E-mails to interview with the US Marshals Service under schedule B hiring authority have gone out this week.

I received an invitation to interview the week of 25March19 in San Diego. Current DHS secret clearance, GS-12, hoping to EOD as a GL-7 at least, but I'll take a GL-5 no problem.

Post here for discussion on schedule B hiring for the Marshals Service in 2019.

When did you initially apply?

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      July 2018. Took the online assessment and was notified that I don't meet the education requirements. I only have an AAS.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have LE or military background?

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Military and LE support, non-6c

• Deadpker
      Deadpker commented
      Editing a comment
      -delete---------

I was recruited for schedule B in December and went to the info session that same month. I just received the email for Interviews.
    Last edited by Tx21; 03-02-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Recruited back in November, went to a info session. Received an invitation for interviews. Just submitted my request today and now waiting. Local law enforcement, BA, MA and federal Task Force officer (TFO). Mainly Violent Offenders and fugitive apprehension investigations.
      Last edited by Njw85; 03-02-2019, 10:25 AM.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you guys out of Texas and NJ?

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      I won’t post my location, but I’ll just say this. You CAN travel to any location for an info session. That’s what I did. You don’t have to be from that field office. I hear district 8 is next for recruitment, which consist of Washington, Oregon and I believe Northern California. I would try reaching out to in.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I'm in the NE so maybe I'll start calling around. Still no schedule B hiring in my major metropolitan area.

I attended the info session in Phoenix in early December, fingers crossed for that email.

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did they tell you they were recruiting for? Phoenix, Tucson...?

• jamesch20
      jamesch20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, at that time for my group they told us Border districts

• Deadpker
      Deadpker commented
      Editing a comment
      Email as in interview email? Or offer email?

I'm also based in Phoenix and I interviewed in Arlington back in June. Just gave the Phoenix office a call to learn more, I wasn't aware schedule B was happening here.

• jamesch20
      jamesch20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interview email, we'll see what happens.

Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
    E-mails to interview with the US Marshals Service under schedule B hiring authority have gone out this week.

I received an invitation to interview the week of 25March19 in San Diego. Current DHS secret clearance, GS-12, hoping to EOD as a GL-7 at least, but I'll take a GL-5 no problem.

Post here for discussion on schedule B hiring for the Marshals Service in 2019.
    Not sure if you know this, but if you come in as a GL-5, it will take you 3 years before you start getting LEAP. You will probably max out as 5/10, 7/10, and 9/10, but it will still be a considerable pay cut.

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      They told us at the info session if you dont qualify for gs7 you're gs5. Not sure what as of date but I have paperwork they gave us as well that states that.

• Merlyn0
      Merlyn0 commented
      Editing a comment
      I second that, at the info session for schedule B they stated they would offer GS5 and 7.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      My opinion is if you're a vet w no LE or recent grad with no LE experience you're gs5. All others are gs7.

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      I see, I guess that makes sense if they were picking up non-vet, non-LE guys, that you would only be a 5, but that would be a pretty radical departure from their hiring standards for the last 6 or more years. Had to be vet and/or federal employee with LE experience or an internal USMS non-LE employee. Guess it is good to broaden their horizons but it's an odd move considering they have never had a problem getting thousands of qualified applicants for 50 spots. Good luck all.

Where do you hear when these info sessions take place?

Comment

• jamesch20
      jamesch20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Get in contact with a recruiter from your district, they'll provide info on upcoming sessions.

• DB9173
      DB9173 commented
      Editing a comment
      Some recruiters might not have the information since schedule b have not started in all of the regions.

received my email earlier this week, interviewing in Arlington, VA Friday March 22....good luck to all

Comment

• gmvargas2018
      gmvargas2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      What happened after the interview?

Congrats to all who got the email and began the next step of their journey. If I can give you a word of advice when/if they offer, do not listen to the naysayers and debbie downers who talk about areas they've never been to but like to repeat negative talk. I'm an 1811 (not Marshals) in the border region of Texas and when I opted to come here I had more haters and negative nancy's in my ear than I care to admit. I'm a coastal guy so it was a bit of a change but I can unequivocally say it is pretty dang good out here. Taxes are low so that negates some of the paycut you may take, the people are phenomenal, the cost of living is relatively low, and the food is out of this world. Not to mention from what I gather you folks can OPREF (Office of Preference) out after 3 years so that's not a bad deal. The Marshals I have met and worked with in the area are absolute top notch guys and gals.

If that region is offered and you have any questions about the quality of life here especially if you're coming from a metro city like DC, please don't hesitate to private message me.

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you mind if I ask what the naysayers usually comment about? No surprises on starting pay as a GL7. Heard nothing but good things, on here and in person working with US Marshals, about working for them.

Received my interview email as well. Big pay cut though if I continue the process
    Last edited by FNG41YR; 03-04-2019, 01:59 PM. Reason: ooops

Comment

Originally posted by FNG41YR View Post
      Received my email as well. Big pay cut though
      What was offered?

Comment

Are they still only doing Schedule B in certain districts?

Comment

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          SWB for now according to recruiter

Attended information session in December 2018. Received the invitation email last week on Thursday. Requested location, date, and time within minutes. Received confirmation for interview within a short time. Interviewing in Dallas in April.

Comment

Originally posted by nonotnow View Post
          Do you mind if I ask what the naysayers usually comment about? No surprises on starting pay as a GL7. Heard nothing but good things, on here and in person working with US Marshals, about working for them.
          I apologize sir I did not make it clear that I was talking about the naysayers with respect to living in a border town. The common complaint I hear from folks who repeat negative connotations about cities like El Paso for example is there is nothing to do. Well that may have been the case 20 years ago when they were stationed at Ft. Bliss but that city has absolutely exploded.#1 retirement city for military, tons of hiking and outdoorsy stuff, unique shopping experience for the ladies. One just has to look for it a bit. What I am saying is don't let an area turn you off by what folks say, the Marshals is a great opportunity and I think the border towns get a bad rep by folks who choose to look at the negative of an area as opposed to the positive. Another great town is Midland/Odessa, just a few hours away from Lubbock, Ft.Worth, Albuquerque, etc etc etc. Best of luck in the process!

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah yeah I gotcha. Well location is what you make it, everyone's got different opinions. Glad you're liking it down there and thank! Still waiting on my chance to apply.

• NiteLite916
            NiteLite916 commented
            Editing a comment
            Being in a boarder state and in a border region is not a bad thing at all, I agree. Just because a person could be assigned Dallas or El Paso does not mean they will not be placed in a satellite office like San Angelo, Lubbock, Abilene, Pecos, Alpine, Midland, and so on. None of those places are bad but anywhere near Midland and Pecos will be an moderately expensive cost of living due to the booming oilfield economy.

Attended Schedule B event in Columbia SC in December. Received interview request email on Feb 28th. Still waiting on a confirmed date. From what I understood, they are currently hiring for the border and region 2 which consists of Maryland, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Good luck to all! Glad this thread was created.

Comment

• Redskins3
            Redskins3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Shortly after typing this today I received my confirmation email for interview date. Good luck to everyone!!

• my93rx7tt
            my93rx7tt commented
            Editing a comment
            Is your interview in Arlington or SC? Do you hear about schedule B from contacting local recruiter?

• Redskins3
            Redskins3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Currently serve on the Marshal Task Force. Got set up through those guys. My information session was in SC however my interview is in Arlington.

Has anyone heard anything on the possible changes to the FIT test? I have heard that the entire USMS is going back to the old style testing because too many people were getting hurt and too many people were not passing. I have heard mixed responses on how this would effect applicants in reference to which FIT test we would be completing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12680 users online. 498 members and 12182 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X