• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet Wednsday
    commented on 's reply
    Let me guess.... AMO!

• USMC_UNCW
    commented on 's reply
    Checkmate what agency did you choose over USMS? Why if you don’t mind me asking.

• normal_guy
    commented on 's reply
    Checkmate This is motivating for me. Thank you. I'm a believer of the character that constructive pain builds. I love the description of the grim faces and talk about getting beat! Sign me up!!

• Venutis1
    commented on 's reply
    money_mike Peacemaker27 it’s kinda different from class to class. Some people get good news emails before FIT, some don’t and just get a call to schedule FIT. Some people do phone interviews with field offices, some don’t. Some people are last minute fills for dropouts etc. But, you will most certainly get the locations email once you have completed the FIT, usually about two months out from the class date. You’ll know bc everyone and their brother will be posting on the forum that they made it to the next step as it gets closer to the class date. I know it’s discouraging to see other people making movement, complete each step and forget you ever applied is the best advice I received.

• MRAGE10
    commented on 's reply
    I'm from the Macon info session. I was told, "they haven't made it to that area yet" from a pretty reliable source.

• Ghost24
    commented on 's reply
    Taking souls is a good one

• jimmycoughdrops
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
    Can someone explain to me how getting employed under the excepted service hiring will affect us after we start the job. From what I understand, we have a longer probationary period. Is that all?
    3 Years probation from the time you start the academy. Prior Federal Service? 3 Years probation as well.

Leave a comment:

• jimmycoughdrops
    replied
    Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
    I was the guy who started this thread originally.

I'm at FLETC now with a different agency, having turned down the USMS GL-5 starting offer.

All I have to say is, from afar, the USMS academy looks VERY tough.

The USMS students (I think they're called "candidates" here?) all have grim faces most of the time, talking about getting beat and this and that. They seem to have the longest days, too. We get cut loose around 4pm most of the time while the USMS students are filing in the dorms between 5pm-6pm.

The USMS students are by far in the best shape out of all the different agencies here.
    At least its consistent. I'm glad its tough!!!

Leave a comment:

• MisfitPunisher
    commented on 's reply
    Dang, meanwhile all of us in wave four are just sitting and waiting haha.

• parkscout93
    commented on 's reply
    I'm in the same boat as Frankhill. No invite to apply yet.

• tc292834
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to see I got some people on the Goggins train haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7UUOIRl...d=ov421dorrxei

• Frankhill1823
    commented on 's reply
    You received invite and tol after interview in November for the marshals? I interviewed in Nov just wondering ... i havent heard a peep

• Aseyesee
    commented on 's reply
    Hell yeah! Even more motivation! I used to run and workout with music...now it's just a playlist of David Goggins telling me get hard and stop being a bitch ! Let get it!!!

• Michael Scarn
    commented on 's reply
    Further inspiration to get in peak physical shape.

• Checkmate
    replied
    I was the guy who started this thread originally.

I'm at FLETC now with a different agency, having turned down the USMS GL-5 starting offer.

All I have to say is, from afar, the USMS academy looks VERY tough.

The USMS students (I think they're called "candidates" here?) all have grim faces most of the time, talking about getting beat and this and that. They seem to have the longest days, too. We get cut loose around 4pm most of the time while the USMS students are filing in the dorms between 5pm-6pm.

The USMS students are by far in the best shape out of all the different agencies here.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8612 users online. 169 members and 8443 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X