300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peacemaker27
    • Sep 2019

Any folks from wave 1 recently get a location/academy start date or take their FIT?
    T

Comment

• Peacemaker27
      Peacemaker27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bet Wednesday, did all you guys have prior clearances? How long after reciprocity did they offer your FIT? You mentioned before that you did your FIT before you got any type of offer or academy date right? Any tips for the academy?

• mikedaly50
      mikedaly50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks @bet Wednesday lol

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      I never knew when I got reciprocity. They just called one day. Work on body weight and calisthenics. If you do weight lifting, Intel like you're wasting your time. Do it until muscle failure and then keep going.

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      So, basically cross fit lol
  • La_Bamba
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2017

Not trying to steal Bet's thunder but here's the scoop that I received so take it with a grain of salt. Plenty of us wave 1 guys coming from current fed leo agencies and have tier 5 clearances. For me I have a TS/SCI adjudicated favorably about 2 years ago. I believe I was one of the first to receive a TOL back in June. Naturally I thought I would have been a shoe in for this Jan class. To my surprise I was not but apparently there were only 10 spots or less so it was really a matter of luck/unluck. I reached out to HR and surprisingly they responded and said my background was still processing lol. I guess in my own head I oversimplified their clearance verification process. I just assumed it was like:

USMS: "Hey OPM, does guy here have a Tier 5?"
    OPM: " Yea, he good"

But it apparently is more involved. HR blames slow OPM and I am sure OPM blames HR. My guess is the security office goes through the whole clearance package thoroughly to make sure your answers meet their requirements (just a guess on my part). I'm just shocked that it's taking as long for someone with a clearance as it does for someone without.

Now a natural question would be, "Are you sure you have a Tier 5?" Absolutely. TS/SCI are a requirement for my 1811 shop even though they're unnecessary. Moreover, contrary to those TOL emails I never received anything from the security department about updating an equip or submitting any paperwork so I know everything is good on my end.

Where it gets funky for my situation is having CITP already and been active in the field is I need to get in on this last BDUSM add on course before they move to the new hybrid academy or I have to go do this new basic academy (would be my third in my career). It doesn't appear the agency really wants current 1811's as there is no mechanism in this new course to take an abbreviated version. It's certainly their prerogative and I am sure they have a reason for it. I know there was a lot of bad blood generated the last time they did a lateral announcement. All good though, those who want it bad enough will go to another basic academy to get it. Everything happens for a reason and we'll see what happens when the good news email comes. Hoping this delay means i will get the locations I want, you know that who fate thing!

The moral of the story is that as many others have said, honestly forget you applied, forget what step you're on, forget it all except for your physical training. The reality is having a TS/SCI or being a current fed leo/1811 is no guarantee you will get to the front of the line or process faster. It all really comes down to being a little lucky when those spots open up and whether or not your process is completed.
    Last edited by La_Bamba; 02-11-2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• puckscore
      Forum Member
      • May 2019

Originally posted by SSgtPMO
      Got my email indicating I failed the interview. Why it took 6 months to notify I don't know. But good luck to all in the waiting pool and I can recommend the FBI as a former failed polygraph applicant.

They had the best process out of the 3 fed agencies I applied to. Start to finish was 6 months. They also covered all travel expenses. I passed interviews for the DEA and FBI but this one apparently couldn't meet the requirements. As they say, 3 strikes and your out. Good luck to all still in the process and be safe!
      I got the same email! I am just glad they told me! I am going to reapply in March. I have been in the process with the BP 15 months now. I am done getting my hopes up. My new mental strategy is to assume I don’t have the job/fail after every step until the next step. Good luck to everyone!
      Last edited by puckscore; 02-12-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Ghost24
        Ghost24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are USMS having more info sessions in March?
    • parkscout93
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2016

I couldn't find this information when I was looking for it. If you're like me, constantly juggling different things and need to allot time for the assessments, between the three assessments the maximum time is 2 hours.

Also, just a heads-up, I had issues when I was taking the assessment, the next page wouldn't load and would time out. Refreshing the page worked for me, but the clock kept ticking during that time.

Comment

• puckscore
        Forum Member
        • May 2019

Originally posted by Ghost24
        Are USMS having more info sessions in March?
        I talked to my regional recruiter last week and yes the word on the street is they are having more info sessions and March is when my one year is up.

Comment

• ZM Smith
          ZM Smith commented
          Editing a comment
          any word on where these info sessions will be held? or what districts will be in need of DUSMs?

• Willowandrosco
          Willowandrosco commented
          Editing a comment
          puckscore do you know where these info sessions will be held?
      • PA_Ed
        Fight On!
        • Jan 2018

Would anyone be so kind to shed some light on this for me, I have my assumptions. I attended an info session on December 2018 in DC. Since that point in time, I have heard nothing. I emailed "[email protected]" who responded:

"At this time, you are currently active in the recruitment process. We will contact you when we need additional information. We thank you for your patience."

How should I respond to their email response? I feel fairly confident that I am not moving forward in their process at this time and "being active in the recruitment process" is their way of telling me "we have your information and you're in our database but no action will be taken on your applicancy." lol.

Penn State 2017 Grad, Cyber Security degree

Comment

• P_K
          P_K commented
          Editing a comment
          I would say no response is necessary. Just take it for what it is, a generic email they send everyone who inquires about their application status. Maybe attend another info session when they start back up?

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          I attended an info session in December 2018 and all I have left is FIT and getting a class date. I would say that if you never got called to do an interview then something is wrong.

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would try reaching out to the actual Deputy Marshal that’s assigned to be the recruiter in your district. An actual person. You’re never going to get a real answer from that generic recruitment email.
      • Redskins3
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2018

Equip received today.... says they are putting a team together to address backed up Usms cases.

Comment

• Redskins3
          Redskins3 commented
          Editing a comment
          KS342 wave 1. Sounds like it usmc28!

• mikedaly50
          mikedaly50 commented
          Editing a comment
          So you are just starting your equip? Or was this an update email? Supposedly my background was sent to adjudication late October early November...haven’t heard a thing since!

• Ceann
          Ceann commented
          Editing a comment
          I submitted my e-qip two weeks ago and met with my investigator yesterday. Also wave 1.

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wave 1... no previous TS clearance...met with my BI at the end of October 2019... recently emailed them and they said im still in the process and the adjudication can take up to 9 months.... other than that... no word
      • DwightKSchrute
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2019

Latest online application invite closed yesterday. Back to the waiting we go good luck everyone who applied. May our referrals be 7s and the odds ever in your favor.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually already have a TS/SCI with DOJ (Brand spanking new) and I am wave 4 also. Think I would have a shot at an earlier class date?

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          DwightKSchrute thats what i was told December 2018...... but when are they starting the time is the question....it was 6 months from my Info session until the actual online Application.

• DwightKSchrute
          DwightKSchrute commented
          Editing a comment
          It could speed it up it might not it depends on then BI investigators. I’d say hope for the best plan for the worst.

I was told at my info session anywhere from 12-18 months as many as 24 months from the info session.

Patience and preparation are the keys here. With the amount of hiring they are doing it is almost inevitable just stay prepared. I have several buddies who are already working for them as deputies and that’s what they say. Like I always say if you’re gunna wait might as well wait in the gym.
          Last edited by DwightKSchrute; 02-20-2020, 09:00 AM.

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good stuff. Thanks brother.
      • USMC_UNCW
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2018

What pistol are US Marshals issued. Make and caliber? I was told by a Marshal you can carry anything you qualify with.

Comment

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          Current candidates are issued a gen 5 Glock 17. Once you graduate and get to district, you can work with your firearms instructor if you want to try to carry something else.

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet yeah, would prefer to carry my P320 over Glock

• USMS08610083
          USMS08610083 commented
          Editing a comment
          Without putting our policy on a public forum, only Glock is permitted for duty carry.

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          USMS08610083 10-4 must be off duty carry you can carry what you qualify with.
      • Peacemaker27
        • Sep 2019

I have a question that i've yet to get a strait answer for. After the background is adjudicated, what comes first, the FIT or the call with a class date and location? I would imagine that if you get the FIT first, its because HR already has you tentatively scheduled for a class within the next 90 days, so why cant they tell you before you test? So far i've gotten contradicting responses, and I'm also hearing that its different for Schedule B than the folks who applied the traditional way.
        T

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends people have had different experiences. My buddy got a class date and asked to pick locations a week or so later did his FIT

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          Experiences vary. It's not a hard-set process. The first time I took the FIT, I passed and never even received a location email after that. Second time, I received a location email and got "the call" before I took my FIT due to being tied up on military orders. It could go any number of ways
      • puckscore
        Forum Member
        • May 2019

Originally posted by Willowandrosco
        puckscore do you know where these info sessions will be held?
        I didn't get any official word. The recruiter just said that higher was planning to hold more info sessions in the near future. He said it didn't make any sense to him because they haven't even come close to finishing processing the current waves... my plan is to hit him up every so often and see if he get any more scoop.

Comment

• NCG128
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by La_Bamba
          Not trying to steal Bet's thunder but here's the scoop that I received so take it with a grain of salt. Plenty of us wave 1 guys coming from current fed leo agencies and have tier 5 clearances. For me I have a TS/SCI adjudicated favorably about 2 years ago. I believe I was one of the first to receive a TOL back in June. Naturally I thought I would have been a shoe in for this Jan class. To my surprise I was not but apparently there were only 10 spots or less so it was really a matter of luck/unluck. I reached out to HR and surprisingly they responded and said my background was still processing lol. I guess in my own head I oversimplified their clearance verification process. I just assumed it was like:

USMS: "Hey OPM, does guy here have a Tier 5?"
          OPM: " Yea, he good"

But it apparently is more involved. HR blames slow OPM and I am sure OPM blames HR. My guess is the security office goes through the whole clearance package thoroughly to make sure your answers meet their requirements (just a guess on my part). I'm just shocked that it's taking as long for someone with a clearance as it does for someone without.

Now a natural question would be, "Are you sure you have a Tier 5?" Absolutely. TS/SCI are a requirement for my 1811 shop even though they're unnecessary. Moreover, contrary to those TOL emails I never received anything from the security department about updating an equip or submitting any paperwork so I know everything is good on my end.

Where it gets funky for my situation is having CITP already and been active in the field is I need to get in on this last BDUSM add on course before they move to the new hybrid academy or I have to go do this new basic academy (would be my third in my career). It doesn't appear the agency really wants current 1811's as there is no mechanism in this new course to take an abbreviated version. It's certainly their prerogative and I am sure they have a reason for it. I know there was a lot of bad blood generated the last time they did a lateral announcement. All good though, those who want it bad enough will go to another basic academy to get it. Everything happens for a reason and we'll see what happens when the good news email comes. Hoping this delay means i will get the locations I want, you know that who fate thing!

The moral of the story is that as many others have said, honestly forget you applied, forget what step you're on, forget it all except for your physical training. The reality is having a TS/SCI or being a current fed leo/1811 is no guarantee you will get to the front of the line or process faster. It all really comes down to being a little lucky when those spots open up and whether or not your process is completed.
          Which agency are you with? If you don’t mind me asking PM me you don’t mind

Comment

• puckscore
            Forum Member
            • May 2019

Glock 19 MOS Gen 5 with RMRs are coming to all Fed LE in my opinion. Border Patrol and Secret Service seem to be already moving in that direction. I have been carrying a Glock 19 MOS Gen 4 with Trijicon RMR Dual Illuminated Reflex Sight 7.0 Amber Dot and Trijicon Tritium Suppressor Sights (co-witness) for the last 2 years. Once you get your presentation consistent it eliminates the need for sight alignment. You only need to worry about sight picture and focusing on the amber dot and not the target. This makes for extremely fast target acquisition, transition, hammer pairs, controlled pairs, and even rapid/suppression fire is because impressively accurate. The only issue is shooting from light to dark with the Trijicon RMR Dual Illuminated Reflex is the light collector doesn't work and the tritium isn't bright enough and gets washed-out, but you just train yourself to transition to the suppressor night sights that are co-witnessed to your RMR. I would love to hear someone argue against this setup other than the price tag and that old-timers don’t like new gear that they must be re-trained on and learn how to use?

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
              USMC_UNCW commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m a young buck and this wouldn’t be the set up for me. I don’t like Glock so if given the opportunity I would carry my P320 and the RMR is not for everyone. The idea is cool in theory but I don’t see the government buying 10,000 RMRs
          • mikedaly50
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2019

Monday morning on the east coast, will this week be the week we get the call?.....doubt it! Lol

Comment

• Sgt0844
              Sgt0844 commented
              Editing a comment
              .................:
              Last edited by Sgt0844; 03-03-2020, 07:34 PM.
          • mikedaly50
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2019

@Sjt0844 background completed? What wave?

Comment

• Sgt0844
              Sgt0844 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by Sgt0844; 05-04-2022, 02:44 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20872 users online. 60 members and 20812 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...