Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations!!

Comment

• I have a few questions about the academy that hopefully someone can answer…

1. what’s the main reason people get sent home?
      2. i can pass the PT fine, but will I get booted for not being able to run the marshal mile (10 miles). i probably can but i’ll be slow. i suck at distance after 3-4 miles.
      3. same for the obstacle course, is that mandatory? not sure what the course consists of to prepare for it beforehand
      4. i noticed last time i was at fletc, they were in the pool, is knowing how to swim another mandatory thing?
      5. what HAS to be completed to pass the academy? i know the marshals academy is tough and that’s fine but i’m not planning on pushing myself to the point of injury. someone tore their ACL & MCL in my last class.

Comment

• IndexBoss
        IndexBoss commented
        Editing a comment
        1A- most people get sent home for injuries, they are given a chance to return.
        1B- those who fail the academy are usually sent him for failing a PE, followed closely by being idiots in training (attitude towards instructors, rule breaking, serious safety issues like shooting your partner in a training scenario.

2. Marshal mile is not continuous , you will have to do some longer runs. If you fail to meet the minimum standard for the marshal challenge, the instructors will pull you from it and you will lose 2 hours of training. Miss enough challenges and you will be removed from the academy. Additionally, failing a challenge earns you extra scrutiny from instructors

3. I don’t remember doing an obstacle course

4. They cycle challenges from class to class, I remember doing a pool challenge as one part of te challenges but honestly don’t remember much of that challenge.

5. To graduate you must pass all tests and PE, also be present for the minimum numbers of hours. They are very strict on PE (practical exercises) any failure to meet the exact requirements of the rubric WILL result in a failure. The rubric is not necessarily shared with you. They are video taped and reviewed. You will be given remedial training and ONE retest, failure to pass the remedial WILL result in removal, there are no exceptions.

Not to discourage you but if you struggle to meet the PT test you will not have an easy time down there. While the USMS academy is not super hard or impossible it is much more demanding than most courses PT wise. Easiest way to make yourself a target down there is slacking on PT. With that said people in my class nursed injuries and made it through.

Serious injuries do happen, I know of a candidate who has been recovering for over a year from an injury down there.

I forgot to mention this earlier, part of the people who don’t make it are quitters.

With all that said, go down there prepared and with the right mindset and you will be fine. Arrive in shape.

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        IndexBoss what are the most common injuries?

• IndexBoss
        IndexBoss commented
        Editing a comment
        TXSP muscular and knee injuries from what I have seen or heard of.

• hawks22
        hawks22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can 100% verify what indexboss stated. Show up with the right mind set and show up in shape and you’ll be fine. Also Checkmate, that applicant didn’t get fired for breaking covid policy. He got fired for lying about what happened

• thanks for the info

Comment

• oh and one more question, how long is the full academy? the website says 19 weeks which is 4.75 months. wondering if that is CITP & marshal training combined?

Comment

• notpolitical
          notpolitical commented
          Editing a comment
          It is combined now. it used to be approx. 7 months.

• Lunytunezpr
          Lunytunezpr commented
          Editing a comment
          ^ is it still 19 weeks or has that changed? From what I heard it’s 6 months. 19 weeks was when they were doing it 6 days a week. Not sure how accurate this info is

• Got the call for a Fit Test today. No offer though. From what I’m reading most are gettin offers before the FIT.

Comment

• Anyone negotiating steps in you GS-7 offers

Comment

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck is all I have to say about that

• Bbreezie
            Bbreezie commented
            Editing a comment
            Only way to negotiate is if your a prior fed or current fed

• I got the call for fit test tomorrow @ 10am! I still haven’t received a location or offer (May 2019 Wave 2)

Comment

• FIT test scheduled for 3/8 …

Comment

• With all of us getting scheduled for fit tests (which is seems to be most of the forgotten 2019’s), wonder if it’s 1. To replace those who failed their tests, or 2. Bump us up for a possible June academy date?

Comment

• BuffBills123
              BuffBills123 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m not quite sure what the motive was behind calling everyone and their mother for a FIT. However, the FIT is only valid for 90 days so it will expire before the June academy class.

• Dream-Chaser
              Dream-Chaser commented
              Editing a comment
              Fit to be taken here as well.

• are there many females in the USMS academies? Trying to gauge the female wash out rate vs the male and where the issues are with their physical fitness for the PT, challenges, and etc. Concerned about leaving my current agency and gaining some type of injury based on what I'm seeing on how physically demanding this academy is compared to others.

Comment

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              There’s two females in my class now. They are both holding it down and doing very well.

• (2019 Wave 2) I got called yesterday about a fit test on Monday. It looks like they’re working on the April class and, as mentioned before, this fit test won’t be applicable to the June class because of the 90 day limit. Does anyone have a date for that April class?
            Last edited by Creed Bratton; 03-05-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Miss_Guided20
              Miss_Guided20 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m kinda interested on this topic. Class date is soon. Would be a lot to figure out in a matter of days. I think the date is April 09 … don’t hold me to that.

And I’ve heard you can get an offer days before the actual date.

• Creed Bratton
              Creed Bratton commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, it’s going to be a ton to figure out in a matter of weeks. I’m grateful for the potential opportunity but it’s going to be a crazy few weeks for my family and I.

• notpolitical
              notpolitical commented
              Editing a comment
              April 12 to Aug 17.

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              *April 11 - Unknown as of now. Academy has been extended in length due to additional content being added. How much hasn’t been revealed yet.

Remaining classes after April are June, July, and September.

• Has anyone been offered a location for April academy. If so, was it a singular location or list of locations? Not looking for specific locations.

Comment

• Bbreezie
              Bbreezie commented
              Editing a comment
              I was offered only one location take it or leave it.

• ranger things
              ranger things commented
              Editing a comment
              Bbreezie did you already take the FIT? was the location offered by HR or did you get contacted by the office?

• Is it still 6 days a week and is FLETC still locked down for COVID at all? Or are free to leave after training and on weekends? I apologize if these questions have already been posted.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              FLETC is opened back up.

• Is it still 6 days a week?

Comment

• Got the FIT call today. I test later this week. No offer or district selection yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2191 users online. 135 members and 2056 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X