Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abdul2 mine says hiring complete but I don’t know how long it has said that, I just did my fit test today but I have not received a final offer or been contacted by any districts for hiring yet. I attended my info session in august 2019 but didn’t get a tentative offer until 3/18/21, so I am technically a wave 4 fy2021 applicant.

Comment

• Cgrizz
      Cgrizz commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you reapply or something?

• NorthLions308
      NorthLions308 commented
      Editing a comment
      When you apply on USAJobs is when ur clock starts per HR, not your info session.

• Wchipred
      Wchipred commented
      Editing a comment
      Any update on if you got your final offer?

• Anyone have experience with getting a follow up with medical regarding vision? Was it a hassle? FYI: If you’re awaiting medical follow up with them!! I had to reach out after waiting about year and got response.

Comment

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      yes. i was required to go back for a second vision test as during my initial medical they didn't do a "uncorrected" vision test

• Word within the agency from several sources is a lot of potential applicants have been failing or scoring very poorly on their pre-employment FIT tests. I hope that is not accurate and that people are properly preparing and maintaining their preparation for when their number finally gets called. Would be a real waste for them as well as the agency to go through that long of a process and when you're that close to the end, you come up short on something that is entirely within your control. Also, please know that even if you pass your pre-employment FIT test, that doesn't mean you're good and can stop working out. You should know by now from these forums that you will be re-tested within short order of arriving at FLETC and that the fun has only just begun.

Comment

• BuffBills123
      BuffBills123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Broken hiring system = broken results

• Dream-Chaser
      Dream-Chaser commented
      Editing a comment
      After three years, most people probably don’t think they are going to get an offer. I agree that everyone should stay in shape and always be getting better. But life happens! I’m not the one doing the hiring but it just seems like that process could be stream-lined quite a bit.

• tc292834
      tc292834 commented
      Editing a comment
      Using the length of the hiring process is a bad excuse, applicants in any law enforcement position need to stay in shape, it’s the nature of the business. You are expected to be in good physical shape, it’s a lifestyle, not a “I'm only going be in shape to get through the door”. Hiring people who are incapable of passing the PT tests or maintaining an appropriate level of fitness is a liability and disservice to themselves and their coworkers.
      Last edited by tc292834; 02-24-2022, 12:30 PM. Reason: Grammar

• BuffBills123
      BuffBills123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Unfortunately they are skipping people who have passed FIT tests and hiring those who don’t share your
      mindset. They need to fix the hiring process and that will rectify the issue.
      Last edited by BuffBills123; 02-24-2022, 07:57 AM.

• They wouldn’t be hired if they didn’t pass the fit test. As far as getting there and making it through the supposed thrashings is a different beast all together. Most don’t make it because of mental weakness not physical weakness. Just my 2 cents. If you want to be there and this is truly your dream gig, it would be satisfying to be getting “smoked”. You know you have the opportunity to wear that STAR!

Comment

• No I didn’t reapply, I just had radio silence for over a year after the info session. I got a random email for an interview which seems out of order for most, but that’s how it went for me.

Also one of the deputy marshals at my fit test said it took him 6 years to go through the hiring process so apparently it has always been slow, he said it took so long they did another background investigation on him lol.

Comment

• Grey De Leon
        Grey De Leon commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude 6 YRS that's insane....When I talked to an FBI agent about what these hiring processes are so long for 1811 she told me that part of the process is seeing who really sticks to it. That the daunting hiring cycle is part of weeding out applicants.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ehhhhh. Not so sure about that. That sounds like propaganda. Most of it is just government being government. Funding, lack of staff to handle influx of applicants, getting lost in the shuffle, lack of effort or prioritization of recruitment, etc.

At the end of the day we are just a number and widget in the giant government machine. No 3-letter agency is going to purposely delay an applicant for 6 years just to test their grit. They need us as much as we want to work for them. It’s just the GOV.

• Just received vax email. 2020 Wave 1 ESH …

Comment

• Does getting the vax email mean that the got test will be scheduled next?

Comment

• Lunytunezpr
          Lunytunezpr commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah, a lot got that email back in October (like myself) and still no FIT. Doesn’t mean much (imo anyway).

• Dream-Chaser
          Dream-Chaser commented
          Editing a comment
          I also got the vaccination request around October. I have not taken a fit and have had radio silence since then.

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here.

• It could? Got an email a few weeks ago asking vax status. Then 2 days later got contacted by HR saying that I'd be getting contacted about a FIT soon. 30 minutes after that local office called me.

Comment

• When/if offered (especially the April attendees), is it still a list of locations or just one location offered and take it or leave it thing?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            As of recent it has been a one location offer of being “Selected” and you taking or leaving it.

• Dream-Chaser
            Dream-Chaser commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder what percentage accept the position vs turn it down. More of a curiosity question ha.

• Has anyone from Wave 2 2019 (the forgotten wave), been contacted for the April academy?

Comment

• Anyone get a phone interview from districts?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope. Have you?

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              I have from two

• mmyers
              mmyers commented
              Editing a comment
              Are the phone interviews just before a final offer?

Last edited by DawgPound77; 03-02-2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone that has taken a FIT in the last two weeks or so been contacted by a District yet or been given an offer?

Comment

• LaBr93
                LaBr93 commented
                Editing a comment
                Took my FIT last week, haven't been contacted yet

• bondman007
                bondman007 commented
                Editing a comment
                FIT last week, also no contact

• ranger things
                ranger things commented
                Editing a comment
                FIT w/ no contact.

• FNG41YR
                FNG41YR commented
                Editing a comment
                Me. Sent pm

• 3 years and never taken a fit test. Not looking good for this guy!

Comment

• Checkmate
                Checkmate commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you not know anybody in a district? You just need them to pick your name/resume.

• BuffBills123
                BuffBills123 commented
                Editing a comment
                ……………………….
                Last edited by BuffBills123; 03-02-2022, 07:04 PM.

• Miss_Guided20
                Miss_Guided20 commented
                Editing a comment
                Checkmate … talked to the Chief in my District. Said there is really nothing he can do. But that applicants in the district have failed.

• Checkmate
                Checkmate commented
                Editing a comment
                ^ I am pretty sure it is the chief deputy from each district or office that has hiring authority. It is literally up to the offices themselves who they hire.

• Got my offer call yesterday. Set to attend April academy. Still have to take fit test. I am elated.

Comment

• Dream-Chaser
                Dream-Chaser commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s awesome!!

• mmyers
                mmyers commented
                Editing a comment
                DawgPound77 where you going?

• DawgPound77
                DawgPound77 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got called out of the blue by the district that selected me. HR never called just emailed after the selection was processed.

• Cgrizz
                Cgrizz commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats man, opportunity of a lifetime. what wave were you in?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2232 users online. 150 members and 2082 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X