December 2020: Invitation to apply via usajobs link

December 2020: Additional written testing on computer

February 2021: Invitation for in person interview

March 2021: Interview Dallas, TX

April 2021: Received TOL

April 2021: Submitted fingerprints, SF86, medical documents

April 2021: Completed medical appointments & drug test

July 2021: Interview with background investigator

August 2021: Background investigator contacted neighbors, references, current agency supervisors etc..

February 2022: Contacted by usms hr asking about vaccine status

UPDATE:

February 2022: Passed FIT test

April 2022: Updated / completed another medical form / uploaded vax card

April 2022: Passed another FIT test

May 2022: Contacted by usms asking about Covid booster status and if I’d be willing to get boosted while at FLETC (if selected before I get boosted)

Background: 9yrs LE, no military, bachelors degree, started masters degree.
    Last edited by Eah271; 06-01-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Eah271
      Eah271 commented
      Editing a comment
      Update: I was contacted by my district office today and was told I cleared background and medical. My fitness test is scheduled for this Friday.

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      Eah271 did they say which academy you were looking at?

• Lwoods633
      Lwoods633 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. I'm in the same timeframe as you and got the covid email this week. Hopefully I hear something soon

• Eah271
      Eah271 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, they didn’t say anything about academy classes yet. I guess standby to standby after the fit test.

• Does anyone know if your application can expire? After being cleared for hire for a year and a half I am just curious.

Comment

• Finesse
      Finesse commented
      Editing a comment
      After 3 years it expires apparently “ The certificates associated with the announcement typically remain open for 3 years from the date the certificates were issued” - exam

• DawgPound77
      DawgPound77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. I wonder if it’s 3 years from applying or 3 years from your approval dates (background/medical/drug etc)

• Does anyone know what day the April classes begins? Early April? Mid?..

has anyone received a final offer? Or heard of anyone receiving a final offer? Thanks

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      I know most of us have been given dates for the fit test but that's it so far.

• Lunytunezpr
      Lunytunezpr commented
      Editing a comment
      April 11 from what I’ve heard. Haven’t heard of an actual final offer yet. Buddy took FIT yesterday.

• I still haven't heard anything about my fit since the vax email. I did talk with HR today and they said that our applications are being sent out to the districts for selection. We could fit test before or after selection and it is for the April academy.

Comment

• DawgPound77
      DawgPound77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know if they meant the 2019 applicants or just applications in general?

• Lwoods633
      Lwoods633 commented
      Editing a comment
      They didn't say but considering I started the process in Dec of 20' I'd say it's any qualified applicant.

• DawgPound77
      DawgPound77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. Figured so.

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was at a federal court house today and told that the 2020 waves are starting to get looked into. The back log is ridiculous as we all know. Not to say 2019 or anything else won’t be looked at.

• Did FIT. Ready to do this.
    Last edited by FNG41YR; 02-18-2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      ranger nope. Get used to it too. Can’t do it at the academy either

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      FNG41YR yeah that's what I figured. Done it plenty of times without... just curious.

• Whoop Whoop
      Whoop Whoop commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, still waiting from wave 5 19’ background just got submitted by investigator last minth

• Lonewolf2021
      Lonewolf2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you add more detail on what to expect for the FIT?

• For those who have been contacted to take a fit/have already taken the fit… curious to know your qualifications

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Sent you a PM

• Random Q - anyone know the breakdown of CITP agency wise each class?

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      CITP is combined with the marshals academy now. So no just CITP then marshals academy anymore.

• Disappointing what is happening to the 2019 applicants. A lot of patience, time and money invested during this process, only to be skipped over. I presumed if everyone passed the requirements put before us, they would hire in order of application. A very draining, odd and costly way to hire.

Comment

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      BuffBills123 I agree and I don’t know if anyone who is getting picked up is only a college graduate but I applied under that announcement and have 6 years military and 5 years law enforcement. And I wasn’t even referred at first because they only accepted veterans that were highly qualified. So I assume a lot of them have experience. But again some may just be college grads I don’t know. Either way this process is very different and there are a ton of great candidates competing against each other for very few spots.

• BuffBills123
      BuffBills123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was under the impression the recent college grad announcement was non-experienced applicants who only
      posses the academic requirements. I did not realize there were applicants in it with your listed experience. For what little my opinion is worth - I fully support vet preference in this process. Congrats on your movement and good luck.

• NorthLions308
      NorthLions308 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also keep in mind tht the recent Grad announcement had only 6 to 9 location tht are “hard to fill” spots. As a 2019 app, its been tough to watch others pass up the 2019 apps…

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      BuffBills123 you just had to have graduated within two years or six for veterans to apply under that announcement. But again I’m not saying all hav experience. But I actually agree that the list should have some priority with timeframe or at least let people know they are moving on. Thank you I appreciate it, and hope you guys hear something soon. Good luck.

Yea there were 10 spots, 2 AZ, 2 CA, 4 TX, DC, and PR.

• Any one have issues with medical not clearing? My background has cleared and it’s going on a year since my medical exam. I reached out to HR and they cc’d the medical team. No response as of yet.

Comment

• DeepseaPD
      DeepseaPD commented
      Editing a comment
      So I reached out twice, heard nothing back. I am scheduled to take Fit now and asked about medical. The recruiter said it’s common to not hear anything about medical and that if you’re called for Fit it means you’re good to go. I am a 21’ applicant.

• Chicks406
      Chicks406 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was not told my medical or background cleared. Just got the vaccine then FIT email.

• WilliamB275
      WilliamB275 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea HR told me they haven't received my medical and that my background cleared so I'm assuming it's an issue with the medical team. I'm a 2020 applicant. It's crazy that 2021 people are being scheduled for FIT and 2019 and 2020 are stuck.

• Sent an email to DUSM.exam for an applicant status update since I had not heard from them since December and asked a few questions. Surprisingly they replied rather quickly. One question which pertains to clearing medical/ background/ and the possibility of FIT was addressed and I'll share it here. Hopefully it helps and doesn't discourage.

"...if you are ing the pool of applicants, it means you have cleared medical and background ... We just began the class seating process for the April 2022 academy class. We cannot predict when or if you will be selected by a district, as selection is not guaranteed. You may or may not be contacted to conduct a FIT test before selection."

Take it or Leave it, but do everything you can to remain optimistic about this. Stay healthy both physically and mentally and remember, if you aren' t selected by some unfortunate circumstance, you can either try again or potentially use the BI (if cleared) to advance in a different direction. "Embrace the Suck," "This to shall pass," whatever phrase you wanna use, just stay focused and don't get bogged down about it all.

Wave 4, 2019 applicant
    USMS Info. Session: 08/01/2019
    USMS Interview: 11/06/2019
    USA Jobs Application: 02/04/2020
    USMS Referral: 02/26/2020
    USMS T.O.L : 04/15/2020
    USMS Medical: 05/04/2020
    USMS E-Quip / Fingerprints: 12/02/2020
    USMS B.I. Interview: 12/11/2020
    USMS Medical Follow-Up: 03/23/2021
    USMS Medical Cleared: 04/20/2021
    USMS B.I. Adjudicated: 12/01/2021
    USMS Physical Fitness: —/—/—
    USMS Academy Start Date: —/—/—

5 yrs Fed LEO, started yr 6 this January, Bachelor's degree, and several Cyber certifications.

Comment

• DawgPound77
      DawgPound77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the info. I started the process 6 months after graduating college with little work experience in the field. It didn’t seem to matter as my process moved along fairly quickly. Sometimes I think it may be a qualification issue for me, then I see posts from people like you and I cannot make sense of it. I’m wave 3 2019. Will be 3 years since my info session in June. Doing my best to remain hopeful. Good luck to you.

• 2019 wave 5 applicant here. I am trying to reach a proper contact to figure out any updates on my process. Does anyone know what the email is to contact someone in finding out where you are in the process? Also I'm seeing that 2021 applicants are bring processed before the 2019 and 2020 applicants. Is this true or a rumor?

Comment

• BuffBills123
      BuffBills123 commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re only source of information is DUSM.Exam email. They seem like they significantly improved their response time.

As it relates to 2019 getting passed over for 2020 and 2021, I’m afraid the rumors true.

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      [email protected]

That’s the email I use to try and get any information on my process.

• Creed Bratton
      Creed Bratton commented
      Editing a comment
      I got ahold of my local recruiter and he contacted headquarters and asked about me. He called back the next week and said they wanted to do a fit test. If I were you, I’d call my local office and ask for the number of the recruiter then call or email that person until they respond.

• BuffBills123 thank you. Does anyone know why the newer applicants are being processed before the older ones?

Comment

• BuffBills123
      BuffBills123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think TXSP hit the nail on the head with the latter part of his message - knowing a district hiring manager. A lot folks in 2019, myself included, listed nationwide availability and are still being skipped.

• ranger things
      ranger things commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know, knowing someone could be the case for some people. I honestly think those who applied in 2019 and early 2020 just pulled the COVID short straw.

• BuffBills123
      BuffBills123 commented
      Editing a comment
      COVID didn’t help the hiring timeline but in my opinion-if there is a short straw that exists, it was created and it could easily be removed.

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Imma go with Ranger Things on the Covid short straw. I personally am not as decorated as many applicants but am going to say that I do believe if 2019 were clear for hire that they should go first.

But as I was told in an email. Districts will choose based on clearance and availability based on where selections are made not matter time of application.

• Is anyone else showing on their USAJOBS account “Hiring complete” in their “active applications” tab right under “Deputy United States Marshal” ?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. Mine still says “Reviewing Applications.”

• ELleo215
      ELleo215 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah mine says hiring complete as well. Wonder if that just means everything is complete and we’re cleared for hire

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah. I’m cleared for hire as well. Maybe different hiring waves though for you guys and me.

• Originally posted by Mr.Fett540 View Post
    Sent an email to DUSM.exam for an applicant status update since I had not heard from them since December and asked a few questions. Surprisingly they replied rather quickly. One question which pertains to clearing medical/ background/ and the possibility of FIT was addressed and I'll share it here. Hopefully it helps and doesn't discourage.

"...if you are ing the pool of applicants, it means you have cleared medical and background ... We just began the class seating process for the April 2022 academy class. We cannot predict when or if you will be selected by a district, as selection is not guaranteed. You may or may not be contacted to conduct a FIT test before selection."

Take it or Leave it, but do everything you can to remain optimistic about this. Stay healthy both physically and mentally and remember, if you aren' t selected by some unfortunate circumstance, you can either try again or potentially use the BI (if cleared) to advance in a different direction. "Embrace the Suck," "This to shall pass," whatever phrase you wanna use, just stay focused and don't get bogged down about it all.

Wave 4, 2019 applicant
    USMS Info. Session: 08/01/2019
    USMS Interview: 11/06/2019
    USA Jobs Application: 02/04/2020
    USMS Referral: 02/26/2020
    USMS T.O.L : 04/15/2020
    USMS Medical: 05/04/2020
    USMS E-Quip / Fingerprints: 12/02/2020
    USMS B.I. Interview: 12/11/2020
    USMS Medical Follow-Up: 03/23/2021
    USMS Medical Cleared: 04/20/2021
    USMS B.I. Adjudicated: 12/01/2021
    USMS Physical Fitness: —/—/—
    USMS Academy Start Date: —/—/—

5 yrs Fed LEO, started yr 6 this January, Bachelor's degree, and several Cyber certifications.
    Apologies if you have answered this already but how did you find out that your medical cleared had cleared?
    USMS Schedule B 2020

Oct20 Info Session
    Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
    Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
    Jan21 Referred for GL-5
    Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
    Mar21 TOL Received
    Jun21 Medical Accomplished (delay due to COVID vaccine)
    Aug21 Background Investigation reciprocated
    Feb22 Request for additional medical info
    Mar22 Medical Cleared
    Jun22 FIT (PASS)

Comment

• Has anyone received an offer for the April class? Or even had a phone interview?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      What hiring wave or batch are you from (Year, etc)?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2149 users online. 144 members and 2005 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X