Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even being stepped out y'all are taking a pay cut? I don't see how that's possible unless you're around the GS-12 and higher with some steps under your belt. I was stepped out to a step 7 with my agency to match my current pay, which actually ended up amounting to a raise because the step 6 was lower and I didn't even come from the GS side. Unless USMS does things a bit different?

Comment

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, that's right, I forgot they often start at a 5. I was thinking 7 and 9.

• Jjjkklm
      Jjjkklm commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it standard for them to offer a GS-5. Miss_Guided20 did you take the gig?

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      @jjjkkkllmmm

I have not had a Final Offer.
      I can’t speak if that’s the standard. That was the offer for my info session.

A coworker graduated in early 2021 as a GS-5 from a 2018 info .. non veteran or federal background

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      Yak they don’t hire at 9.. just 5 and 7. Yes, the other poster is a 12, as am I. It is a significant drop but definitely something you can manage if you live within your means.

• USMS is expecting people In 2022 to make low 50s is wild. Was a huge factor for me also

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      The pay cut is rough no matter what let's say you are a GS 12 step 3 and the marshals you got a TOL for a GL7 they will give you a step 10 it's still a big pay cut but doable in some aspects just depends on how bad you want the job. Now if your start out as a step 1 it's going to be very rough depending on what city or location you get we can manage but it will be rough for most.

• Hey a little more on the pay cut topic. If you're a 12-5 will they continue matching 7-10 9-10 11-10 back to 12-5 can someone please let me know.

Comment

• notpolitical
      notpolitical commented
      Editing a comment
      I literally just spoke with someone about this and they relayed exactly what you have written.

• Ok thanks let's just pray that it's true.

Comment

• Why are people complaining about the pay cut? People knew what they were getting into. Just try to manage it for four years till you get your 13 with LEAP pay.

Comment

• Moolpas
        Moolpas commented
        Editing a comment
        Understood, but this job will start you either from 5 or 7.

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        Moolpas you are so right everyone knew what we were getting into. The put cut is what it is but we will make it all back in due time. Keep speaking the truth good sir.

• Dr.Zeus
        Dr.Zeus commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re missing my point. It’s one thing to take a pay cut at age 26 compared to age 30 in life. You also are making more money in theory at age 30 compared to 26.

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took a significant paycut at age 31 and moved to a location with way higher cost of living where my mortgage more than doubled. Other people in my class took $50-$60k paycuts from other fed LEO jobs. It all comes down to how bad you want it and if you have the financial discipline to make the adjustment for the first couple of years. The time goes quick and we're all grateful now that we made the short-term sacrifice for the long-term benefit. Each person has to make the decision for themselves, though.

• Okay hero nobody is complaining about the pay cut. Just making sure that the OPM pay matching guidelines will be followed. Let me guess you would do the job for free.

Comment

• Moolpas
        Moolpas commented
        Editing a comment
        I came down from GS-12 step 3 to GS-7 step 10 for this January Academy. Why so salty?

• Originally posted by BPAVET View Post
      Okay hero nobody is complaining about the pay cut. Just making sure that the OPM pay matching guidelines will be followed. Let me guess you would do the job for free.
      Yes they are. Are you sure you're cut out to be an investigator?

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...92#post7051453

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...91#post7051382

https://forum.officer.com/forum/empl...91#post7051392

Originally posted by Moolpas View Post
      Why are people complaining about the pay cut? People knew what they were getting into. Just try to manage it for four years till you get your 13 with LEAP pay.
      I am grateful for each and every person that withdraws from the process and opens up a class seat for those of us happy to take a (temporary) reduction in pay for a dream job. I will be coming down from a GS-12 step 8 position and am happy to do so.
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed (PASS)
      19Mar21 TOL Received
      09Jun21 Medical Accomplished (delay due to COVID vaccine)
      15Aug21 Background Investigation reciprocated from AMO
      15Feb22 Request for additional medical info
      29Mar22 Medical Cleared

Comment

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        100% agree. I hope the USMS is selecting the absolute best candidates for the jobs. But, I’m ok if people withdrawing from the process speeds up my final offer.

• D.Brown
        D.Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        I second this. Me personally, Dream job > pay cut. But I do understand the others who have to turn down the offer because time doesn’t stop for a dream job. Everyones situation is different. Best of luck to those still waiting.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Disregard……...
        Last edited by FNG41YR; 01-09-2022, 01:41 PM. Reason: Double tap

• I'm not here to put my resume out there. I asked a simple question and wanted a simple answer. Maybe you can enlighten me on what it takes to be a criminal investigator.

Comment

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        It takes, at least, being able to search for 2 minutes on an open source forum before putting your foot in your mouth.

I'm joshing you (I know BPAs are thick skinned) but for real, people are legit complaining and dropping out of the hiring process due to the pay cut. And I love it.

• Prior 1811 here, I don't think he's cut for 1811. I guess it's really hard to ask for clarification from the HR.

Comment

• BPAVET
        BPAVET commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey can you tell me again about the pay scale. Is it non competitive 13.

• BPAVET
        BPAVET commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me guess now you work for ERO.
        Last edited by BPAVET; 01-06-2022, 09:03 AM.

• Moolpas
        Moolpas commented
        Editing a comment
        OIG Training Department Firearms Instructor. Let me guess, you belong to either Belly Over Pants or BP Zergs. Also, seems like you're very confused with this pay scale. Simple math and research does help...

• If you're a prior 1811 it sounds like you couldn't hack it.

Comment

• Moolpas
        Moolpas commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like a pog got triggered.

• Not sure if this was already asked, but A. does USMS require a degree for entry level? Almost halfway done my Bach. B. if i don't here anything back could i reach out to another area recruiter? i read somewhere on here that only certain FOs hire Schedule B. Thanks

Comment

• NorthLions308
        NorthLions308 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope but its good to have it with a solid GPA.

• Has anyone slated for February class not received call for FIT test yet?

Comment

• Whatever happen to the polls on ppl getting Offers???

Comment

• For those of you beginning the academy on Tuesday, good luck! I have a seat in the February class. From what I understand, they will send an email with a list of items to bring with you. I’m in the process of selling my house and am trying to keep items I will need out. Could anyone forward me the list? Also, if you are scheduled to begin January 11th what day can you arrive to move in? For anyone who has been through the academy can you give us a run down of what a typical day looks like and the kinds of exercises you were doing during training hours?

Comment

• Miss_Guided20
            Miss_Guided20 commented
            Editing a comment
            A friend of mine just graduated. She said think of hell for the first month but there is light at the end of the tunnel. And take ibuprofen.

• jamesch20
            jamesch20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I had a friend say the same thing, he graduated prior to the recent class. 1st month or so is a slay fest when it comes to PT. In his words, stay hydrated, eat right, take joint supplements. At the end of the day it'll be one heck of an experience. Embrace the suck, you can't stop time. We'll all get there one day hopefully.

• Yak
            Yak commented
            Editing a comment
            During orientation on the first day, they were getting smoked within minutes doing lunges and bear crawls up and down the hallway in their suits while we were sipping coffee.

• KS342
            KS342 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks everyone!

• Does the background have to be completely adjudicated before someone gets an offer letter and sent to an academy? Or do they allow you to attend an academy with an adjudication pending?

Comment

• Jay017
            Jay017 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fully adjudicated along with everything else cleared.

• TXSP
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve heard in years past that some would be in the academy before their background is fully adjudicated. That might have been in times when they didn’t have a buttload of applicants ready and waiting like they have right now though.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4252 users online. 248 members and 4004 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X