• Show
Clear All

• Are the Jan/Feb classes full yet? Or is there still a chance

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d say they are full at this point.

• Well the quietness to me means that another hiring batch has went out and nothing on my end…. I hope that I don’t cancel out.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      After Jan and Feb - next classes are April, June, July, and August. Only 6 classes this fiscal year.

• Dr.Zeus
      Dr.Zeus commented
      Editing a comment
      Until FLETC gets shut down again for the boogie man variant-#3C69 lol

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Crazy how they shut down when now the directive is to be Vaxx’d in order to enter …

Had some friends Grad from OFO as of recent … they had absolute freedom and could go out. Also state Marshals get SMOKED!

• Is FLETC being shut down again. Or is it still riding along.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still trucking along just fine. No indication of any shutdown.

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not there, but I’d be surprised if they close again. Maybe everyone is beyond such drastic measures.

• Used to have a more detailed record of the dates, but cannot find my sheet anymore. Approximate timeline for me:

made with edits as I’m progressing:

July, 2019 - Information session
    September, 2020 - Panel interview
    December, 2020 - Application to USA Jobs to submit packet
    April, 2021 - Medical Exam/Drug Screen
    December, 2021 - Email for E-Qip to begin background/fingerprint
    Decmber, 2021 - Fingerprint complete
    December, 2021 - E-Qip submitted
    December, 2021 - Contacted for two hour background packet call to begin investigation.
    January, 2022 - Background submitted by investigator

8 years local LE, bachelors degree
    Last edited by Whoop Whoop; 01-13-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Been following for awhile, but have never posted my timeline:

July '19 - Info session
      Sept '20 - Interview
      Dec '20 - Invite to Apply
      Mar '21 - Medical
      April '21 - Eqip/Fingerprints
      Dec '21 - Background Cleared
      Medical cleared -Pending
      Fit - Pending

10 years local LE, bachelors degree

Comment

• Whoop Whoop
        Whoop Whoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like we have a very similar timeline, but I just got put off starting my e-qip. Looks like I can expect about 8/9 months for my background to be done

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        Six months for my background. FYI, and it was pretty straight forward as far as investigation work.

• Anybody in here get the invite for the January academy? Seeing if there is a group chat or anything out there. Unsure what to bring so far.

Comment

• USMC0708
        USMC0708 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, I’ve done my class registration and completed the FIT last week. I’ve been told to take suits, hygiene gear, after hours and weekend clothes. Also, take good running shoes and a pair of athletic shoes.

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Tacotruck54 USMC0708 what location did you guys get?

• Tacotruck54
        Tacotruck54 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool thanks.See your there.

• Well I got invited to the online assessment and failed. Crazy since I am typically a very strong test taker (top 2% to top 10% on PSAT, SAT, LSAT, GRE, GMAT) as well as good grades throughout college and graduate school at competitive schools. I have a good amount of work experience and professional success and frankly thought I did well enough on the USMS assessment. Apparently not. It didn't feel much harder than the ASVAB in terms of common sense answers, and I scored at the 99th percentile on the ASVAB. Frustrating and frankly somewhat surprising to the say the least.

Do I have to go all the way back to the info session in order to continue in this process?

Comment

• porkchop23
        porkchop23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Checkmate While I don't have LEO experience, I have been professionally successful and easily passed USSS, FBI, and CBP exams (received offers from all) with zero issue, making the USMS exam failure feel like a major embarrassment.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to be mean brother but maybe it just wasn’t meant to be. Everyone I know in the Feds has been passed up by one agency and picked up by another. It happens. Doesn’t make you any less intelligent or capable. Wish you luck either way.

• Dream-Chaser
        Dream-Chaser commented
        Editing a comment
        Or you pass everything and wait three plus years; you may or may not receive an offer then. If I could give advice, if federal agency is what you want. Take what is offered that you could be happy doing for twenty years and reapply with USMS. Good luck!

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        Porkchop23, I do not know why you feel so embarrassed to fail the USMS exam. It is not easy and you have passed some challenging exams with FBI and USSS. With that said, I recall a large portion of the USMS exam being practical, real-life situations that a DUSM may find himself in. The lack of real-word experience likely hindered you there. I recall ATF and USSS being more exam-based like the ASVAB and other things you've had success with.

If I may impart some unsolicited advice if you decide to attempt the USMS again (I have taken and passed the USMS exam twice) I would recommend erring on the side of SAFETY above everything. I put myself in the position of having to explain why I made certain decisions to an angry boss and in my past careers I can tell you that almost anything can be defended in the name of safety and keeping people alive and safe. Hope that helps.

• For those who have attended an information session, how long did the session take and did it include an interview process?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Granted my info session was July of 2019 - my information should still be relevant. The info session was about 1 to 1.5 hours and DID NOT include an interview. At the end of the info session, we were asked to fill out sheets detailing our experience and education.

I wasn’t contacted and interviewed until November of 2019, and didn’t officially apply until February of 2020. This process is not for the faint of heart and will take a very, very, very long time to see through.

For context; I have been cleared for hire for almost an entire year. Good luck.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        My info session was in 12/2018. About an hour long. Asked to input some info into the recruiters computer. No interview at that event had to fly to DC on my dime to do the interview.

• Calvinist_1988
        Calvinist_1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you guys for the response

• Whoop Whoop
        Whoop Whoop commented
        Editing a comment
        1 Hour, no interview. You sign up to show you are interested and it goes from thete

• Anybody that was selected for the Jan class get your final offer yet? I just completed fit last week

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope. Still waiting.

• chaseonfoot
        chaseonfoot commented
        Editing a comment
        Same, hopefully by Wednesday

• Originally posted by porkchop23 View Post
      Well I got invited to the online assessment and failed. Crazy since I am typically a very strong test taker (top 2% to top 10% on PSAT, SAT, LSAT, GRE, GMAT) as well as good grades throughout college and graduate school at competitive schools. I have a good amount of work experience and professional success and frankly thought I did well enough on the USMS assessment. Apparently not. It didn't feel much harder than the ASVAB in terms of common sense answers, and I scored at the 99th percentile on the ASVAB. Frustrating and frankly somewhat surprising to the say the least.

Do I have to go all the way back to the info session in order to continue in this process?
      If it makes you feel any better, I took the USSS Exam and failed it, but passed the USMS exam. Ive been a cop for almost 14 years now, and felt as if the USSS exam was hard as ****.

Comment

• IndexBoss
        IndexBoss commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no rhyme or reason for the test. Two street cops I referred, both with several years on the job and a 4 year degree failed the assessment. The two interns I referred both had no LE experience but passed and moved on in the process.

I was not referred for a USSS SA position but was hired by the USMS in less than a year…..

So if it doesn’t work give it another shot. The marshals really have one of the easiest hiring processes before COVID happened. My local department was actually much more involved to get hired.

• Grey De Leon
        Grey De Leon commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll also chime in, I’ve passed FAM, ATF, FBI, and USMS test. But couldn’t get pass the initial assessment with USSS. Think it really is as others have say a crapshoot. Though having Vet Preference helps if your a few points away from a pass.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Grey negative vet pref points are only applied to a passing score. So if you need a 70 but get a 65? your 5 or 10 pts won’t help

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        I failed USSS Exam the first time, but passed it the second time since I then knew what I needed to pay attention to during the memorization part.

• Several of us have received emails stating we were selected for either the January or February class. Out of curiosity, how many of you have received an additional email since indicating which class you would be in? With the January class only being 3 weeks away, I can only imagine those of us who haven’t received another email will be in the February class. Then again anything is possible in this process.

Comment

• Moolpas
        Moolpas commented
        Editing a comment
        Still haven't got my FOL, but they told me to register for Jan FLETC class. Turned in the uniform sizes and mode of travel. Also, the packing list was sent out.

• KS342
        KS342 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long ago was it that they asked you to register? I can only imagine this means I can rule out the January class because I haven’t received an email to register or anything.

• Moolpas
        Moolpas commented
        Editing a comment
        I did it this past Tuesday.

• Anyone know if you can use your gi bill for training just curious.

Comment

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah makes sense not a huge deal just curious I gs do used it with my current agency for a little bit but even then they were slow to figure it out

• MaxKolbe90
        MaxKolbe90 commented
        Editing a comment
        https://www.va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool/

You can look up what you will get. I don't know where you are going but Just type in US Marshal -Kansas for example and it will tell you your BAH amount, etc. You can do it for up to 36 months. Note that the housing rate goes down 20% every 6 months. Maybe during the academy, it would be worth it if you have a family but I would spend on higher ed instead.
        Last edited by MaxKolbe90; 12-27-2021, 11:36 PM.

• Gummertime
        Gummertime commented
        Editing a comment
        Stop giving false information. You can use the Gibill for OJT

• IndexBoss
        IndexBoss commented
        Editing a comment
        @gunnertime- I’m not giving false info- I was not able to make it work as my district and HRD refused to help or sign off on any forms. If you were able to pull it off than good for you. I have heard of other DUSMs making it work, but trying to give them a heads up that they (HRD and district) may fight it.

• I took my fit test on Tuesday. On Wednesday I received an email stating that I was scheduled for the February class but if I wanted to be put on a standby list for the January class. Apparently they had some openings still. I said I would like to be put on the list. On Thursday I received my final offer and I was selected to go to the January class.

Comment

• hooligan551
        hooligan551 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations! How did you guys find out your background was adjudicated? I did the interview many months ago. I know they contacted references and neighbors. But I haven't heard anything else.

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        hooligan551 I had to ask them…It had been cleared for around a month.

• Miss_Guided20
        Miss_Guided20 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. That’s some major movement in a short amount of time.

• KS342
        KS342 commented
        Editing a comment
        I also had to ask them about my background. Just shoot them an email about it.

• Declined my offer. Pay cut is stupid high. Good luck everyone
      Last edited by FNG41YR; 01-03-2022, 03:46 PM. Reason: Err

Comment

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, they start everyone as 0083 and get converted to 1811 after hitting GS11. This is said from within the info session though.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I know bro. Hiring process took to long. Not worth it for me in the end. They start as 0082. 0083 is police series

• NorthLions308
        NorthLions308 commented
        Editing a comment
        @FNG41UR, If you dont mind me asking, what locations were you offered?

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        FNG41YR, not saying you were wrong for it bud, I probably would do the same if It was a big pay cut and after such a long time

• I withdrew from the process after getting my conditional as well. It's just not in the cards for me to go back to FLETC and put my body through DUSM Course while taking the pay cut.

Comment

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        1) did they send the offer recently?
        2) was it for January/February classes?

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYC1175, did you graduate from FLETC yet?

Has the PT been intense and physically taxing?

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        TXSP I got the tentative offer in October 2021 for an info session I attended in October of 2020.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        lunatico86 I graduated from FLETC for a different agency. The level of PT is entirely dependent on your agency. Mine had PT sessions scheduled regularly each week.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3293 users online. 254 members and 3039 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X