Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone, I was sent an email for a tentative offer for a location within the region I started in and I accepted it. Like someone else posted, I still have to do the PT test but I will be in either the January or February class. My timeline is below.

non-vet, bachelor’s degree, 5.5 years City LE.

June 19/2019 - information Session WAVE 3
    July 09 - interview email
    July 11 - interview confirmed email
    Aug 12 - interview, Denver
    Sept 09 - announcement invitation
    Sept 17 - application complete email
    Oct 02 - referred for hiring
    Nov 15 - TOL GL-0082-07
    Nov 18 - initial paperwork emailed
    Dec 17 - medical email
    Jan 3/2020 - medical
    Jan 6 - medical follow up
    Jan 27 - drug test call and completed
    April 1 - additional MRF requested
    June 5 - eQIP and fingerprint email
    June 8 - fingerprints done
    June 10 - eQIP completed
    June 23 - final MRF emailed
    Sept 25 - re-certify eQIP
    Jan 13/2021 - Background Interview
    Mar 23 - background cleared
    Oct 25 - confirm vaccination status
    Dec 1 - tentative class placement
    Last edited by JB1990; 12-01-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Abdul2
      Abdul2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you vaccinated ? Did HR email you about your vaccination Card? Thanks and congrats

• JB1990
      JB1990 commented
      Editing a comment
      Abdul2 Apologies, I forgot that one in there. Yes vaccinated, had to confirm status about a month ago.

• KS342
      KS342 commented
      Editing a comment
      St. Louis?

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      What location JB1990?

• Received this email today after inquiring about my application status:
    “You are in the pool of applicants that are eligible for selection. If you are selected by a district, you will be contacted with more information. Thank you for your patience and your continued interest in the United States Marshals Service.”
    I wasn’t explicitly told that my B.I. was adjudicated and I and still awaiting FIT, but it’s starting to look up.
    I’m a Non-Vet, with 5 yrs Fed LEO experience, with a Bachelor’s.

Comment

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good sign. Hang in there. Lots of movement happening in the next few months.

• What does your timeline look like?

Comment

• Mr.Fett540
      Mr.Fett540 commented
      Editing a comment
      USMS Info. Session: 08/01/2019
      USMS Interview: 11/06/2019
      USAjobs Application: 02/04/2020
      USMS Referral: 02/26/2020
      USMS T.O.L : 04/15/2020
      USMS Medical: 05/04/2020
      USMS E-Quip: 12/02/2020
      USMS B.I. Interview: 12/11/2020
      USMS Medical Follow-Up: 03/23/2021
      USMS Medical Update/ Vaccine: 10/07/2021
      USMS B.I. Adjudicated: 12/01/2021
      USMS Physical Fitness: —/—/—
      USMS Academy Start Date: —/—/—

• Abdul2
      Abdul2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.Fett540 did HR ask for your vaccine? Or did you just submit on your own? Thanks

• Mr.Fett540
      Mr.Fett540 commented
      Editing a comment
      Abdul2 I got the email asking about it and to send proof to Mr. Seabrooks.

• Anyone from Wave 2 2019? Vet or not a Vet?

Comment

• USArmy11B
      USArmy11B commented
      Editing a comment
      Wave 2 vet still no offer

• Finesse
      Finesse commented
      Editing a comment
      Wave 2 2019 (Philly), non vet. No offer.

• I got offered a remote spot in Texas today. 2018 pre schedule b applicant. Non vet current Fed Leo

Comment

• kvasir
      kvasir commented
      Editing a comment
      Remote might be fun. Less likely to get pulled into a court detail.

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kvasir … SouthWest Border literally miles from the border. You're gonna do border court for sure.

• Dbc471
      Dbc471 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kmiech that is discouraging. I too am from the east coast, Georgia to be exact. If you don't mind me asking, what were the three on your wish list?

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      Dbc471 I had 4 regions I was willing to go almost anywhere in. Midwest, southeast, mid Atlantic, and Atlantic coast.

• MaxKolbe90 I am in California and I still haven't received a phone call..

Comment

• MaxKolbe90
      MaxKolbe90 commented
      Editing a comment
      haha me either. I told them I would go anywhere. So we will see what happens. Losing hope for the Jan/Feb class tho.

• Lonewolf2021
      Lonewolf2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you wave 2?

• MaxKolbe90
      MaxKolbe90 commented
      Editing a comment
      No wave 4. July 2019 is when I started

• Jan/Feb is just about full if not full. April is the next class.

Comment

• MaxKolbe90
      MaxKolbe90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Argh. Man, that blows. Ready to get this started!

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. There are a few whom have went to a 2018 info and got invited back to the hiring process in 2020. Who knows where we stand. The entire process is a mess. Like I’ve been told from a local office. Just stay ready be patient and pray you get the call.

• Anyone know about an info session in Houston?

Comment

• hooligan551
      hooligan551 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know about Houston, but in the D.C area I heard the next info session isn't until late in 2022.

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you email the recruiter for Houston and ask. Here in Cali I have not heard of one until next year sometime no date yet. Maybe too many people in the pipeline and not enough class dates who knows.

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      With how many info sessions the held in 2020, and with there still being eligible applicants from 2018 and 2019, I expect them to work through the backlog of current applicants. I’d bet money they have enough to fill all classes for this year and then some.

• Does anyone know if they’re still seating for the Jan/Feb classes?

Also… does anyone know if they’re still on boarding people? To sit at the field offices. Thanks

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      Jay017 I understand the start is the academy date. But resigning from one fed agency to another there can not be a gap in service is what I'm saying how will they transition that. Cause healthcare and all other admin issues is the thing im talking about. That's what im more worried about if that makes sense.
      Last edited by Bbreezie; 12-04-2021, 08:49 PM.

• Jay017
      Jay017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bbreezie yes I gotcha...HR will request an point of contact in HR from your current agency once you accept the tentative offer. Once you provide that they will handle that side of it. However, do your own due diligence to make sure it’s done properly from your current agency.

• Yak
      Yak commented
      Editing a comment
      I just did this the other day, but for a different agency. Jay017 is correct. I believe it's called an SF-75. Your current and future HR staff will take care of all that, your insurance, leave, sick leave, TSP contributions, and your start date. The only thing is your award leave and use-or-lose will not carry over, only the max of 240 hours, so you will either need to use them or lose them, I'm personally using mine. So that's something for others in here to be aware of, if you're like me you don't take a lot of time off, I usually end up donating a lot every year, so you may want to start burning some up if you're able to if you believe you're close to being finished in any of these processes.
      Last edited by Yak; 12-05-2021, 11:01 AM.

• Rsimm750
      Rsimm750 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey guys I’m going to add a few things that I have experienced when leaving one Fed job for another. This will be my (hopefully) third time and I have had both an easy transfer and horrible. So if you are leaving one fed job for another and are asked to do any kind of write-up, memo or email indicating that you have accepted an offer do not write the word resign or resignation. That’s what happened to me when a supervisor “helped” me leave one fed job for another. He had typed me a resignation and it took me almost two years to get it worked out. You want to make sure it says “transfer” so your current HR knows to pull your stuff and send it to your next HR. Another thing you want to do is log on to your eOPF and at least request your records. You will get a pdf file with all your records. The other big thing you can do now is to request a leave audit. I could type out three pages why to but it will be helpful. You probably won’t get it back in time if your looking at Jan 11 academy but who knows. Now for use or lose. We are in a time of “nobody really knows”. I asked the senior deputy this question 2 weeks ago and that’s what he said. Adding that HQ would have all the answers. OPM has again this year given blanket restoration of annual leave due to Covid. Technically it should carry over but I am taking steps to mitigate that loss. I am going back and amending my time sheets for pay periods that i used sick leave and change it to annual leave. Sick leave has no limits so it will definitely follow you. Again get copied or save electronically. When you do go back and change it on your next Leave and earning statement there should be notes at the bottom indicating the changes so you will want to save that file. As for any break in service don’t worry. When you leave one fed job for another your last day at your current will be the second Saturday of the pay period and your first day at next will be the first Sunday of the following pay period. This is important because if you look at the start dates for FLETC. Jan 11 and Feb 8 are both in the second week of those pay periods. Your actual start date will most likely be Jan 2 for Jan 11 academy or Jan 30 for the Feb 8 class. I know it was long winded so If anyone want any other info about what I posted send me a pm.

• Bbreezie[email protected] is right on the money.

Comment

• Bbreezie
      Bbreezie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys for the info it is greatly appreciated.

• Just completed the fit test this past Thursday. Now, waiting for FOL. Good luck guys.

Comment

• LooterCooter27
      LooterCooter27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by LooterCooter27; 04-07-2022, 08:30 PM.

• Moolpas
      Moolpas commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't say anything yet, but I'll find out when I get the FOL

• LooterCooter27
      LooterCooter27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by LooterCooter27; 04-07-2022, 08:30 PM.

• Moolpas
      Moolpas commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I've completed everything including FIT test.

• If you get onboarded while you wait for the academy, are you getting paid? And if so, does anybody know how much?

Comment

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      My friend OnBoarded and waited months at a local office due to Covid … did months getting GS - 7 entry pay. Got to push paper and work out for an hour. No OT was given.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Right now you are eod (enter on duty) at the academy.

• Originally posted by Donjuan85657 View Post
    Jan/Feb is just about full if not full. April is the next class.
    So Jan, Feb, April, and then what are the other three starting months?

Comment

• Whats the latest on the polls??

Comment

• For those of you who have completed the FIT, what is the criteria for the sit-up? Are your fingers interlocked behind your head or are they on/around your ears? Also, is the up motion completed when your chin breaks the line of your knee or when your elbow touches your knee? Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Dr.Zeus
        Dr.Zeus commented
        Editing a comment
        Fingers interlocked behind head, no cupping of ears. One person holds your feet, elbowing touching your knee. They send out a PowerPoint prior with instructions and I have taken the fit.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4476 users online. 273 members and 4203 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X