Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got contacted for a tentative January or February Academy. I’m not a Vet, wave 1 December 2018 Info session. Wave 1 fellas there’s a chance!
    chaseonfoot
    Forum Member
    Last edited by chaseonfoot; 11-24-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• This process has no rhyme or reason. It feels like they pick and choose who gets offers regardless of what year or time you applied. So who really knows.

Comment

• NorthLions308
      NorthLions308
      Forum Member
      NorthLions308 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very well said…

• MaxKolbe90
      MaxKolbe90
      Forum Member
      MaxKolbe90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly think it's not based off year, wave, or veteran status but when you cleared everything. I bet they are working through a massive list giving out offers. It will probably take a week or two for them to work through an active list. Lots of folks have lost interest or have moved on. They will have to wait to see if they receive a no thanks or wait till the time expires on a nonresponse before moving on to the next active candidate.
      chaseonfoot
      Forum Member
      chaseonfoot how long did the email say that you had to make a decision?

Question for everyone: Is it worth sending an email to the distro asking if you are in the running for a Jan or Feb class?

Cheers,
      Max

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657
      Forum Member
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      You get 24 hours to respond or they move on.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657
      Forum Member
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also they won’t tell you rather only you are eligible for selection but they can’t say when or if you will be selected.

• Seems like only West coast region being offered at the moment. AZ, Cali and Texas. Anyone know another location not in the West coast offered so far?

Comment

• Anyone know if any offers went out to the New York area?

Comment

• Curious about some offers going out. With these offers, were they in regions that you selected? (The 5). Also, is it possible to get more than one location offer that you get to chose from or do you typically just get the one? I'd really love to go to the central part of Florida but I'm currently living in New Mexico. I know it's probably a long shot.

Comment

• WTF. I have a friend who was scheduled to go down to FLETC soon, but they told him they are cancelling ALL up coming classes. Waiting to find out more information.

Comment

• Are you able to turn down an offer for a specific location in hopes of getting a different location? I'm not planning on turning down any location but just trying to figure out more about how the process works haha

Comment

• LooterCooter27
          LooterCooter27
          Forum Member
          LooterCooter27 commented
          Editing a comment
          -----------------------------------
          LooterCooter27
          Forum Member
          Last edited by LooterCooter27; 11-24-2021, 10:52 AM.

• A.C. Ellis
          A.C. Ellis
          Using an alias
          A.C. Ellis commented
          Editing a comment
          You can pass on your first offer, but you have to wait for the next class before you get a second one. And if you pass on the second one you may get dropped. Luckily there are at least 6 classes scheduled for this year

• Jjjkklm
          Jjjkklm
          Jjkklmk
          Jjjkklm commented
          Editing a comment
          LooterCooter27
          Forum Member
          LooterCooter27 you said that you got your 3rd out of 3 choices. When/How did they ask you for your top 3 picks?

• LooterCooter27
          LooterCooter27
          Forum Member
          LooterCooter27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jjjkklm
          Jjkklmk
          Jjjkklm if I recall there were two times we could put location choices down ... I know one was at the interview on the paperwork pre-interview and I just put nationwide on that one based on advice I got at the time. I can't remember what the first one was either the info session paperwork or during the USAJobs process there was a place to list 5 choices. Sorry I can't remember the process is so jumbled in my head and I purposely tried to not obsess over each step (sorta worked, sorta didn't).

• Anyone else waiting for medical to clear, and to be contacted for a drug test? I’ve finished everything except for the drug test and only waiting for medical to clear. They’ve done a drug test at my medical appointment but don’t know if they’ll use that as my drug test. Thanks

Comment

• @LooterCooter27 did you just receive a call for a drug test today?

Comment

• Sounds like some offices are calling and setting up interviews for that specific office. Pick up the phone if you see an odd area code.
        illini372
        Forum Member
        Last edited by illini372; 11-22-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Getting anxiety watching everyone get offers, really hope they get things going on the east coast soon. Here’s my timeline for those in my shoes.

Philly info session 5/19 (Wave 2)
        Background 10/5/2020
        Medical 11/25/2020
        Drug 10/29/2019
        all cleared.

Comment

• I had emailed the DUSM exam today and they had said my background was cleared (didn’t give me a date) but said my medical had not been cleared yet. I did it back in July. Is this normal?

Comment

• Is anyone waiting on a call for the drug test? I’ve completed everything and been cleared for everything except for drug test. Anyone else??

Comment

• **CLARIFICATION** - “Tentative Final Offer” means you have been offered a spot in the upcoming Jan/Feb 2022 class - not just a TOL.

Morning everyone. Below is a link to a Survey I created to map out for all of us who has accepted offers, declined offers, is a veteran and or a non-veteran from the USMS 2019 Schedule B Waves (1 through 5). I will periodically share what comes of the poll so we all know where we stand. The link is as follows:

https://forms.gle/QmmLRBKRngTv7f6e8

I started a separate thread for this but it makes more sense to be posted here. Feel free to share with anyone who may not be on the forums. As of this morning we have 20 responses which are attached.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 5 photos.
            Donjuan85657
            Forum Member
            Last edited by Donjuan85657; 11-24-2021, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Finally got an offer. Dec 2018 info session. Non-vet, current Fed LEO. For the sake of transparency because I know we all benefit from comparing our processes to each other, I did A LOT of networking in order to get my name pushed forward and I only know it to be effective because of where I was selected to go. I’m more than happy to help others do the same but probably best for private conversations.

stay motivated guys it’s almost 3 years to the date of my info session, just take it one day at a time.

Feel free to reach out with any questions at any time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2617 users online. 158 members and 2459 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X