Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the new fiscal year right around the corner is there any latest word regarding upcoming academy dates? I believe somebody on here a while back said the next one will be in January, but it does seem that things can quickly change (feels like both the July and August academies came out of nowhere). I asked a DUSM if they had any knowledge of specific academy dates, but all they knew was the agency was hoping for 6 academies throughout FY 22.

Comment

• Miss_Guided20
      Miss_Guided20 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a snit-bit out of the Latest DUSM email I got when I asked for status.

Currently we do not anticipate any additional class seating until FY 2022 – we do not have any tentative class dates until January 2022 at the earliest

• TXSP
      TXSP commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve heard 6 classes scheduled for FY22, but lots of folks on here have said 8. I’m really hoping they start sending emails and making phone calls after October 1 and we get the ball rolling for the bulk of us

• Dr.Zeus
      Dr.Zeus commented
      Editing a comment
      Word of advice. Don’t think into it or plan on it. This way you’re not disappointed.

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      TXSP,

8 classes all together. 6 DUSMI classes and 2 Enforcement Officer classes (DEO) for FY22.

• Just received an email to update my medical. They sent the USM522E as a pdf but it opens up all jumbled together. Anyone have a better pdf?
    maybe my Google-fu is weak but no luck finding one.

Comment

• Sgt0844
      Sgt0844 commented
      Editing a comment
      same issue today as well but wasnt too bad minus a section

• Has anyone that’s 2019 Waves 3, 4, or 5 received the most recent medical update/vaccination status email?

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      I got it too. Second medical update. Medical exam was done in early December of 2019. We are not alone ha

• Lonewolf2021
      Lonewolf2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am from Wave 2, 2019. I received an email from USMS medical to update my medical.

• Mr.Fett540
      Mr.Fett540 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wave 4, nothing in regards to the 522e or vaccine status. Vaccinated and ready to go, but medical was adjudicated in 5/2020….so slightly over a year and nada.

• Foward
      Foward commented
      Editing a comment
      Wave 2 2019 , got the email earlier this month for both my second 522e for 24 months med update from original exam as well as vaccination status.

• USArmy11B when was your medical original completed
    Last edited by Jjjkklm; 09-12-2021, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• USArmy11B
      USArmy11B commented
      Editing a comment
      I original medical was December 2019, so this is the second update I received.

• Dr.Zeus
      Dr.Zeus commented
      Editing a comment
      Original medical was fall 2019, this is my second update.

• Jjjkklm
      Jjjkklm commented
      Editing a comment
      USArmy11B @Dr.Zeus

Ok thanks. Mine was March of 2020 but lost paperwork had it being cleared May 2021. I haven’t had to update yet and when I email to ask I if I need to update they tell me I don’t. Was it just paperwork or did you go through the medical process all over again?
      Last edited by Jjjkklm; 09-12-2021, 12:00 PM.

• BuffBills123
      BuffBills123 commented
      Editing a comment
      After your initial medical, the yearly update is a quick submission of a form. This will be my 2nd update as well.

• How's everyone doing, are there any USMS that are prior Feds that took the reduction in pay. If so can you explain how the step increases work. I'm currently a 12-5, how will the increases work?. Will they keep maxing me out 7-10, 9-10,11-10 and then back to 12-5?.

Comment

• cmor5150
      cmor5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish they did this for military.. going from O1E pay to gl-7… about 50% pay cut

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      From what a buddy that made the move over from another FLEO position that is what they did. 7/10-9/10 etc

• That would be awesome if they did it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donjuan85657 View Post
      Has anyone that’s 2019 Waves 3, 4, or 5 received the most recent medical update/vaccination status email?
      Wave 2 here got the email last week for the USMS-522E and the covid vaccine card. I truly believe all of us who have been waiting will get into the 6 classes coming up. I would expect finial offers emails to go out about mid way through October. That's from a very credible source.

Comment

• TXSP
        TXSP commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder how much space will be left in the six scheduled classes for 2020 applicants

• Crash Cart
        Crash Cart commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably a lot. I don't think there are a bunch of us 2019 applicants remaining in the process.

• Wave 3 from 2019 here. Completed all steps as of May 2021 l (except FIT) you think wave 3 will even make it into these?

Comment

• Hello everyone,
        I have been following along with the posts throughout my time in the application process. I am part of the Schedule B 2019 hiring process. I have a Bachelor degree and have a little under 5 years of law enforcement experience. This has been a lot longer of an experience/process than I anticipated. Here is my timeline for anyone that may be curious as to where I’m at.

Information Session- July,2019
        Interview- November, 2019
        Notice to Apply- February, 2020
        Referred- February, 2020
        TOL- May,2020
        Medical- June, 2020
        Background Investigation- November, 2020 (Adjudicated)
        Drug Screen-TBD
        Fitness Test- TBD
        FOL- TBD

Comment

• Jordan24
          Jordan24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you have to ask for a status update to see that you were adjudicated?

• IndexBoss
          IndexBoss commented
          Editing a comment
          @Jordan24

Don’t worry about the background being adjudicated. They will still make a final offer without an adjudicated background. Mine was finished 3 days before hire, some aren’t adjudicated until near the end of the academy. My final offer said something like “this final offer is being made on a preliminary review of your background and is conditional on a favorable adjudication.”

Biggest hold up now for new hires is COVID and the academy.

• Hello,

I’ve been following this thread since 2018. I’m a Wave 2 applicant from year 2019. I’ve been cleared in the process waiting on a FOL like many others for over a full year.

I can attest that this is by far the longest process I have ever been through. I currently have a Degree , as well as 6 years as an active LEO, 2 years at the local level and 4 years as a Federal Agent with another agency.

I really hope come the end of this year, the rest of the 2019 applicants get picked up and head off to academy. For those who are from the 2020-2021 Waves , you’re definitely going to have to be patient. Continue to build experience and better yourself before you get picked up. Credibility is everything especially at the Federal level.

Lastly Do not slack on PT, it is the only thing you can control as of right now. Nothing is worse then showing up out of shape. Showing up in shape says a lot about your character and commitment to becoming a DUSM.

Be safe , I wish everyone the best of luck with this process.

Comment

• Lonewolf2021
          Lonewolf2021 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am on the same boat as you. I hope we get some information of what is to come next. How much longer until we get that phone call. Does anyone hear any new news?

• So close for us 2019 applicants, can taste that disgusting fletc Glynco air

Comment

• Does anyone know if i just had a background check with border patrol adjudicated, will they use that background for USMS?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Anecdotally, others here with CBP/BP clearances have been given reciprocity with USMS. I'm sure it's a case by case basis, but it can happen.

• Does anyone know how a possible deployment with the National Guard would effect the hiring process?
          I just received my TOL last week a few days after being told I was on the tentative roster.

Comment

• I am currently waiting to be selected for hiring/an academy date. Does anyone know if the USMS will consider you for employment if you haven’t already received the vaccine. I’m not against the vaccine I just don’t want to get it if I won’t be employed at the end of the day.

Comment

• bondman007
              bondman007 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure on the exact agency policy but I'm fairly certain that to attend FLETC right now, you have to have it. So even if the agency doesn't mandate it for some reason, you probably need it to attend training. And if you can't attend training, you'd be useless to them to hire.

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              You won’t be sent to Glynco without the vaccine. If you want to maximize your chance of getting an academy seat, get the vaccine .

• Rsimm750
              Rsimm750 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you not getting the same emails I am getting? First I’m a current fed leo and I am getting 10 emails a day about the Exec order for vaccine mandate. But that aside I have got 4 emails form USMS applicant Health and medical programs requesting my vaccine status. Here is a line from one of the emails.
              Please be aware completion of FLETC is a condition of employment, FLETC currently is not allowing anyone unvaccinated to be on campus for any course.
              Last edited by Rsimm750; 10-31-2021, 11:18 AM.

• Can anyone tell me, if the USMS polygraph?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4225 users online. 285 members and 3940 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X