Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest i have given up hope alittle on this job, im in the process for DSS and have my sights set on that career.

Comment

• I attended an information session July 2019 and had radio silence until November 2020 when I got my interview and then things ramped up from there and now I am waiting on my background to clear so I sent the usms exam email a message regarding my status. I was a little confused by the response because they started with telling me I was an active applicant in the FY21 Q1 Wave 4 hiring process (TOL sent 3/18/21). I am wondering if this is normal or did I get bumped back? Either way it reiterated what most have said on these forums about no movement until fy2022 at the earliest

Comment

• I’m Wave 4 from 2019, finally decided to join. I’ve been reading and watching all the craziness from the sidelines and figure I’d post my timeline as well. On average it took around 2-3 months between steps in the process for me, and factor in Covid then it all goes out the window. I’m currently in the B.I. Portion, although not sure as to what date to go off of. I submitted Equip and Fingerprints early Dec and had a Video call with the B.I. on Dec. 11. As of right now I’m still waiting for adjudication.

USMS Info. Session: Aug 1st, 2019

USMS Interview: November 6th, 2019

USAjobs Application: February 4th, 2020

USMS Referral: February 26th, 2020

USMS T.O.L : April 15th, 2020

USMS Medical: May 4-6th, 2020

USMS Drug Test: May 4-6th, 2020

USMS E-Quip / Fingerprints: Dec. 2-3rd, 2020

USMS B.I. Interview: Dec. 11th, 2020

USMS Medical Follow-Up: Mar 23rd, 2021

USMS Medical Cleared: Apr 20th, 2021

USMS B.I. Adjudicated: TBD

USMS Physical Fitness: TBD

USMS Academy Start Date: TBD

Comment

• TXSP
          TXSP commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s crazy to me that I attended an info session in October of 2020 and we are basically at the same step in the process. I feel sorry for guys/girls who have had to wait so terribly long.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the way the queue works, those who went to info sessions in 2019 will be the ones filling the early FY2022 classes. Depending on how many people are cleared for hire ahead of the 2020 group, we might not get into FLETC until late FY2022 or maybe even 2023 with the COVID based delays. The 500+ people doing info sessions in San Diego and Oklahoma this month could be cleared for hire about the same time as those of us from 2020.

• Anyone able to confirm how location selection works? I've had one recruiter tell me that you are placed in the region where you attend you information session, and others tell me that you give your top list of districts on where you'd like to go.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          We've all been told it different ways. Don't count on anything, especially with the agency's needs in places like Oklahoma and San Diego. In the 2020 info sessions though, I can tell you that the DUSMs told us that we'd for sure end up in the region where we attended the info session, but not necessarily that particular district.

• ranger things
          ranger things commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be nice if a recent academy attendee/graduate could comment on this...

• Army101
          Army101 commented
          Editing a comment
          I Was in the 2019 and now the 2020 process. From my understanding and what has been posted in the past was, they email you a list of locations and you select either 3 or 5 and the “chief” or leading deputy would call you for a phone interview, and they make the decision if they want you for that location.

• Anyone else in the same step?
        Clearance adjudicated: 5/21

Haven’t heard anything yet about final offer other than “be patient all classes full until FY22”

Did my info session 6/19. Will covid make me exempt if I go past the 3 year mark?

also, has anyone on here had to do the fitness test in the middle of winter and is it still all outside?

Comment

• JamoStu
          JamoStu commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did your clearance take to Adjudicate after your BI Interview?

• Anyone with 1+ year since adjudication, still on here waiting for hire? Hitting my 1 year mark soon, curious if extensions will be granted.

Comment

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Army101 BuffBills123 were y'all contacted saying you were ajudicated, or did it take you reaching out to them to find out?

• Army101
          Army101 commented
          Editing a comment
          I reached out to the DUSM.exam email.

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha. My investigator said they submitted it end of April, and when I reached out to DUSM.exam email June, it wasnt ajudicated yet and was told they would tell me when it was ( which does not seem to be the case for anyone) you

• BuffBills123
          BuffBills123 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to inquire

• Who is still left out here from 2019 Schedule B that are clear for hire or stuck in the process?

Comment

• Mr.Fett540
          Mr.Fett540 commented
          Editing a comment
          August 2019 wave 4 stuck in B.I. started in Dec. awaiting adjudication and FIT

• Chair4ce
          Chair4ce commented
          Editing a comment
          June 2019 info session
          Cleared all steps (May 2021) and just awaiting FIT test

• BuffBills123
          BuffBills123 commented
          Editing a comment
          May 2019 applicant (Wave 2)
          Cleared for hire Sept 2020
          Passed 2 FITS

• WilliamB275
          WilliamB275 commented
          Editing a comment
          2019 July Info Session, just did my B.I interview last month. Completed everything except FIT. Waiting to hear about status of background. I was wondering as well how many people from 2019 were still in the process.

• Duplicate post. Disregard.

Comment

• duplicate post...
          Last edited by Sgt0844; 09-11-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• There isn't a lot left, Im Wave 3 by the way and jus awaiting the fit test like everyone else. Something else to thing about, there a few ppl who got injured in the academy tht will be getting placed back in class too. Hopefully this winter or late fall ppl will get tht call. Stay ready good ppl!

Comment

Last edited by jberry811; 08-31-2021, 01:27 PM. Reason: Remove

Comment

• 2018 info session. Got resent private link for application March 2020.

6/29/2021 background adjudicated. Waiting on medical to clear. Last email update says I’m listed as a 2020 ESH (Wave 1) applicant.

Comment

• Army101
                  Army101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im trying to transfer this adjudicated BI to department of state currently, it’s been in reciprocity review since mid july

• Miss_Guided20
                  Miss_Guided20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Majority going Vaccinated? Hearing a bunch of different stories regarding this issue.

• Dbc471
                  Dbc471 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm curious as to how they are scheduling and appointing folks to classes. My info session was December, applied May 14, referred for 5 and 7 June 14. Silence since. Others from my info session have been cleared for hire already.

• chaseonfoot
                  chaseonfoot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Guess I’m not the only 2018 left. Passed everything, just waiting for pt and class date.

• Error error

Comment

• Hey everyone, has anybody heard anything about what districts are short besides Oklahoma and San Diego.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                    Winter_Patriot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Federal hiring is slow even in the best of times, and it’s definitely delayed because of COVID. I would highly recommend you find a job to stop your age timer. I started a federal job this year for that same reason.

• Dbc471
                    Dbc471 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Levithane I am not going to the BOP. I am not leaving where I'm at unless I receive one of the Fed gigs I want. Either I get an academy date with one of the agencies I've applied for, time out, or they change the age to 40. From what I've been told, there is some serious talk about the age change. We will see what happens.

• Levithane
                    Levithane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dbc471 you had a federal probation officer just tell you the same thing I told you. I'm in the DEAs process, and what I can tell you is that its going to take at least 2 years if not more. As far as the age change thing, they can have talks about it. Will it change? Probably not, because of all the red tape associated with it. Red tape is the same reason USMS retained the sit and reach test (last I heard they still had it).

• Winter_Patriot
                    Winter_Patriot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It depends how much you want the job. I quit my civilian job, moved 2000 miles, and took a 30% paycut in order to stop my age timer. I was ready to accept a BOP job but was fortunate to get hired with US Probation. The chance to be an 1811 or DUSM someday was worth that risk to me. Everyone is different. The way I see it, I can go back to my old line of work if I don’t get hired in a few years. I would regret not trying.
                    Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 09-07-2021, 01:42 PM.

• Has anyone from the July interviews in Dallas heard anything yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3027 users online. 129 members and 2898 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X