Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies and gents, anyone still waiting for the Academy date yet? Received a letter about a month ago saying that I was cleared for everything, but the academy won't be till FY 2022. Been in the process since 2019 and this is getting very tiresome.....

Comment

• Dream-Chaser
      Dream-Chaser commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m a 2018 applicant. Still standing by. I never got a letter saying I was eligible for hire. Might be time to reach out.

• Jjjkklm
      Jjjkklm commented
      Editing a comment
      Dream-Chaser I never got a “letter”

I just emailed them, they confirmed I had completed and passed the medial/background and was eligible for highering

• IndexBoss
      IndexBoss commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been told that they are filling the remaining FY21 classes with candidates that were onboarded during COVID19, and those who have been injured or otherwise unable to go to the academy yet. I do not believe they are going to continue onboarding people before the academy. I would start looking for movement either late this FY or early October 2021.

For those of you that don't know, passing all the steps and being cleared for hire does not mean they will necessarily hire you. You must be selected by a hiring official who reviews the pool of eligible candidates and selects someone to hire for a vacancy. The point of schedule B is to always have a pool of ready candidates to fill vacancies rather than have to do an announcement and fill vacancies that way. Usually the chief deputy or Marshal are the hiring officials. Each district looks for different things in a candidate, some choose to do further interviews and some just pick from the list. They should be onboarding a lot in the future so it is a very good time to be in the process. The biggest thing slowing things down right now is getting seats at the academy.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      IndexBoss - thanks for the Intel brother.

• NorthLions308 its so sad but true lol. This has to be a world record hiring process lol

Comment

• Any advice for the interview? I have one for USMS next month. Just curious about if it's mainly situational questions or more interpersonal, and how it generally goes.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't give any substantive info, but I prepared by using the STAR format (situation, task, action, result), which is pretty standard for federal LE interviews.

• Checkmate
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a canned federal panel interview. Very basic

• tx5325
        tx5325 commented
        Editing a comment
        Checkmate, that’s all I was looking for. Thank you.

• Good afternoon, was just wondering if they're are still applicants from wave 2 and 3 waiting to be hired.

Comment

• BuffBills123
        BuffBills123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just to clarify, I’m wave 2. Passed two FIT tests and received location email. Still standing by. There’s no guarantees in this process until you get the final offer.

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of you 2018 info session guys might want to reapply because the announcement will be getting scrapped I believe soon. I remember seeing something like that last week. I hope you guys get hired. Keep the faith.

• Lonewolf2021
        Lonewolf2021 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am wave 2 and I have been told that VET's get front of the line hiring. I am waiting on FIT.
        Does anyone know if once you do a FIT test, your selected for a district?

Hang in there, I have hope and faith that we will one day be Deputies.

• BuffBills123
        BuffBills123 commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I’ve gathered - prior to an academy, all applicants near the end of the hiring process will be asked to take a FIT test. All that pass will be placed in a pool for hiring managers to select from. So I believe the selection by a district comes after the FIT test.

• That's insane

Comment

• BPAVET WAVE 2 still waiting

Comment

• Anyone know what the next step is if you failed the written test? Would i have to start over with the info session?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Have to attend a new info session, for a different vacancy announcement. You may need to wait 12 months between assessment attempts.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            The next step is reapplying

• So do you guys think the 2019 have an opportunity to get hired this upcoming fiscal year.

Comment

• Chicks406
            Chicks406 commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn! I’ve just begun the process but it does seem like a wild ride. Thanks for the information. There was a Marshal (recent graduate) at my information session that got through in one year from information session to graduation. Even crazier than I initially thought.

• BuffBills123
            BuffBills123 commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem. 1 year from start to finish is pretty impressive. You might avoid the road bumps the 2018 and 2019 applicants endured as a result of Covid. Good luck.

• Njw85
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would say so, there will be 6 to 7 classes next fiscal year.

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you think there's much chance of 2020 applicants getting into an academy next fiscal year, or more like FY 2023?

• @Donjuan8567 This process sucks lol.

Comment

• The way the 2020 schedule B is moving they will surpass the 2019 applicants if our medical or Back ground adjudication expires.
            Last edited by BPAVET; 06-15-2021, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• BuffBills123
              BuffBills123 commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s possible the 2019 expiration dates might be pushed back due to COVID. Speculating here but I still believe once hiring managers see a pool of candidates from 2019 and 2020, they will be inclined to select based on resume and accomplishments, not who has been in the process longer. I’m a 2019 applicant but I really can’t blame them for wanting the best qualified candidates for their districts.

• BuffBills123
              BuffBills123 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with Donjuan. Medical shouldn’t be an issue. I’ve already passed the year mark on mine, it’s a seamless process to update it.

• NorthLions308
              NorthLions308 commented
              Editing a comment
              Most ppl tht had there BI completed in 2020 should be fine. Im wave 3 and BI wasnt clear until Dec 2020. With class sizes going back to normal size ppl will get hire. After the next major holiday(Jul 4th) i bet things will pick up. Keep the faith, this is a marathon.

• BPAVET
              BPAVET commented
              Editing a comment
              I am just afraid they might skip someone over, because they see an expired medical and move on to the next one lol.

• Thank you for translating.

Comment

• Anyone know how we can find if our clearance was or in the adjudication process or adjudicated?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                Winter_Patriot commented
                Editing a comment
                Some people have had success with emailing the USMS Exam address and asking for an update. Others have not been received an update.

• Dr.Zeus
                Dr.Zeus commented
                Editing a comment
                Generally when you hit the next step means you cleared the prior.

• FNG41YR
                FNG41YR commented
                Editing a comment
                Just email the DUSM exam email and ask

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2717 users online. 148 members and 2569 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X