X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXSP
    Forum Member
    TXSP - this is from the DHS Delphi forums
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Hang in there guys... As of yesterday there are three confirmed classes this year holding 48 recruits, with a possible fourth holding 24... In the meantime, work on muscle holds... Wall sits, planks, bear crawls, frog jumps, flutter kicks, and just practice fighting too... Stay ready... If you are still waiting to get hired, you won't be looking at the academy until AT LEAST next year sorry to say...

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot
      Forum Member
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info.

For people who are still waiting for TOLs from the 2020 announcement, do you think academy dates could happen next year or is FY 2023 more likely?

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657
      Forum Member
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      QuamChee
      Forum Member
      QuamChee - when you say next year do you mean next calendar year or fiscal year (October)? For context - I am a 2019 Wave 4 candidate who was cleared for hire and pending only a FIT/Final offer - also completely vaccinated I may add...any insight for folks like me in my current stage in the process?

• Winter patriot, I'm sure you guys are looking at 2023... Some 2018 applicants were brought aboard in 2020 and are still sitting in district waiting for an academy date...

Donjuan, I mean fiscal year... I'm sure the earliest you guys will be brought on is like October... I'm sure they don't really want people sitting in district too long ya know???

Comment

• Remember, I'm only giving as much knowledge as I can... HRD is very different...hahaha We just got an email yesterday though about the academy stuff...

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot
        Forum Member
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        It's much appreciated info. I had been holding off on some life plans while figuring out the application timeline. HR had estimated the hiring process would take 12+ months for the 2020 announcement. I'm guessing that doesn't include the time it takes to get a class date.
        Winter_Patriot
        Forum Member
        Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 03-30-2021, 11:17 PM.

• QuamChee
        QuamChee
        Forum Member
        QuamChee commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly... You have to factor that in as well... Start to finish for me was two years...

• Hello all, I’m wondering if y’all can recommend some good workouts to help prepare for the USMS academy. Looking to change up the current workouts, wasn’t sure if anyone used any specific workout apps or books (have used Stew Smith before) thanks in advance

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot
        Forum Member
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        This is what I've been told:

Run every other day, at least 3 miles a session.

Lots of calisthenics and muscle hold exercises (as opposed to traditional weightlifting). Twice a day, I do various planks and pushups, mountainclimbers, flutter kicks, weighted squats, wall sits, lunges and stretches. If anyone has other suggestions, please let me know.

• Checkmate
        Checkmate
        Forum Member
        Checkmate commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been attempting to piece together a BDUSM training plan for a while, but info is scarce.

To echo what WP said ^, lots of calisthenics, running, and sandbag workouts.

• Abaddon
        Abaddon
        Forum Member
        Abaddon commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be interested in this as well. I've been looking at Stew Smith and MTI's workouts but I don't know if those would be good for preparing for the PT test or the academy.

• Sup guys, been reading this thread for a minute now, thought I’d share my timeline:

WAVE 4: Miami, FL
      info session: 07/30/2019
      interview: 12/05/2019
      invite to apply: 02/04/2020
      TOL: 04/15/2020
      Med: 05/27/2020
      11/19/2020: “med received, background pending”
      03/18/2021: “background and med completed, eleggibile for academy consideration”

Both times I inquired on the status of my application, or else I’m not sure when I would have known I finished med/background

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot
        Forum Member
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. That's very similar to my co-worker. He applied 2019 and is waiting for an academy date I think. He was a fed LEO when he applied but that didn't really seem to speed up his process.

• FLM17
        FLM17
        Forum Member
        FLM17 commented
        Editing a comment
        winter
        Forum Member
        winter, thank you! Tough decision, I work for the MTA Police in NY now, 3 days a week, 20 year retirement, always been a dream of mine to be a marshal though

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot
        Forum Member
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great job, tough to leave that. I know what you mean. I like my fed PO job a lot and just bought a house. But I know I'd regret not pursuing a USMS spot.

• BK4448
        BK4448
        Forum Member
        BK4448 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea man, I have a plain clothes investigator job making way more than a GS-7, better retirement, take home car. Plus, the days we don't have court, I smoke cigars and eat ice cream. Hard to pass that up, but here I am lol.

• BK4448
      Forum Member
      BK4448 so what’s making you want to switch ?

Comment

• Bbreezie
        Bbreezie
        Forum Member
        Bbreezie commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you in the fed system already pretty much everyone takes a pay cut to go to the marshals but in the end you will make way more. It's about quality of life and the job itself.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot
        Forum Member
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Once you convert over to an 1811 and get LEAP pay, being a DUSM is a huge pay upgrade over most non covered fed jobs. At my current agency I’d probably need to be a supervisor with 10 years of experience to make as much. I am on call basically 24/7 but I don’t get LEAP.

• Does anyone know if a age waiver is possible? I have been in the process for 2 years now and recently have been cleared and deemed eligible for the training academy, however, as we all know there is a hold on academies until FY 2022. My 37th b day will be approaching soon and will be before the fiscal year ( October ). Just curious if there could possibly be an exception given due to COVID and all.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657
        Forum Member
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        If I were in your position, I would email the DUSM.EXAM email address and let them know your concerns/make them aware. That way you have a response from HR in writing and a real idea of where you stand.

• Mtn hkr
        Mtn hkr
        Forum Member
        Mtn hkr commented
        Editing a comment
        I have this same concern as I turn 37 a month after the fiscal year begins. I emailed to ask about age waivers and this was the response I got, “ We are aware of your age and there are age waivers regardless of COVID-19. Age is not a factor in deciding which applicants are selected or sent o FLETC. I hope this helps.” I’m not sure it helped much lol

• Yea.. they responded back saying, should I be considered for an academy a age waiver will be determined at that time. I guess we will see. It would suck to go through 2 years of this process, become eligible for the academy but due to age not get selected!!!

Comment

• I understand that hiring is a mess right now with academies pushed off, but I have a quick question - my background was pulled from another agency and was sent off for adjudication. How long does this process generally take? Is there a timeframe that I should expect to hear that I am cleared for hire (I do anticipate the FIT Test and academy to be a long ways off)?

Comment

• Thanks I need to do the same

Comment

• November 2018 Info Session

couldn’t apply due to failure of assessment 5 months prior.

April 24, 2020 — asked if I would like to reapply

April 27 —- sent private invitation to application

April 28 — Assessment

May 24 — Referral for Deputy Marshals

June 30 —- Interview .. Dallas, Tx

July 23 —- Tentative Offer

October 13 — Medical

As of today radio silence ... I currently work a contract for CBP transporting undocumented personnel (to be politically correct). Talked to a Ice agent working Marshal task force recently and he said there is a BIG push for Southwest Border. To stay ready physically cause things could move quickly after October.

Comment

• Folks from wave 1 or 2 still standing by?

Comment

• TXSP
            TXSP
            Forum Member
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            Where are you in the process now, dream chaser?

• Dream-Chaser
            Dream-Chaser
            Forum Member
            Dream-Chaser commented
            Editing a comment
            Did B.I in September 2020. Silence since then.

• Miss_Guided20
            Miss_Guided20
            Forum Member
            Miss_Guided20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thoughts ... Who is willing (if not already) to get vaccinated to go to an academy. The Word is if not vaccinated you cannot leave to compound for the 6 months. I know CBP is accepting applicants faster if fully vaccinated.

• TXSP
            TXSP
            Forum Member
            TXSP commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s an interesting proposition. I’m not anti vaccinations, but I’d sure like it to be out a couple years before I get it.

• The information I received recently from a buddy in the agency. He told me that even if we are cleared for hire that doesn't mean we will get hired. He said the chief and the marshal in the district pick and choose who they want from a list of preferred or regular applicants that have passed everything. He said the waves do not make a difference if they want you they will pick you up if not your info will get pushed to other districts maybe. He said it's different than most federal hiring jobs cause districts have final say not HR.

Comment

• Njw85
            Njw85
            Forum Member
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can surely contest to this. The Chiefs and Marshals have the final say so. The USMS want more folks now with LE experience. Other experience will work, mainly TFOs and other feds will definitely stand out.

• Originally posted by Bbreezie View Post
          The information I received recently from a buddy in the agency. He told me that even if we are cleared for hire that doesn't mean we will get hired. He said the chief and the marshal in the district pick and choose who they want from a list of preferred or regular applicants that have passed everything. He said the waves do not make a difference if they want you they will pick you up if not your info will get pushed to other districts maybe. He said it's different than most federal hiring jobs cause districts have final say not HR.

This goes back to all that I have heard! The Southwest District needs applicants badly. This is why they are offering Spanish speaking classes to Marshals to go south. What I heard is they are looking for Marshals to stay and not leave after the 2 year stint and transfer. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Njw85
            Njw85
            Forum Member
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m on the southwest border and I do agree with you regarding Southern Cali. Just stay patient, Tad does have classes scheduled for next FY year (Oct 2021). Your time will come. I’ve waited a long time to get on and finally got on.

• Miss_Guided20
            Miss_Guided20
            Forum Member
            Miss_Guided20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talked with my Marshal friend in Mcallen, Tx and he said their office is not moving to do FIT tests to applicants near by. Pretty much all is at a stand still till after October.

A few of my coworkers leaving to CBP either (green or blue) are getting sent to their duty stations but EOD for academy being pushed back 3-4 months. With other training areas being used for fully vaccinated individuals to be moved to Glenco after a couple months. what a S**** Show this whole covid has created.

got an Email stating in was still in process after a few tries to connect to someone. Does medical Expire at some point?

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot
            Forum Member
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            I've seen other people say that their medical expired. It's good for a year, I think? Someone else can tell you the exact number.

• Miss_Guided20
            Miss_Guided20
            Forum Member
            Miss_Guided20 commented
            Editing a comment
            [email protected]

Is the email myself and another year plus applicant recently used to get info stating our applications were still in process. any help is good help!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4011 users online. 231 members and 3780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X