• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RVAhiker what wave are you.

Comment

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      Your guess is as good as mine. None of my paperwork signifies what wave I am. My interview was in November 2019 at USMS HQ, received TOL February 2020.

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      RVAhiker My email from USMS inviting me to interview gave me my wave number. Maybe there?

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      parkscout93 my interview email just says "2018 external hiring annoucement"

• RVAhiker are you off the USA JOB announcement or schedule B.

Comment

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied to the July 2018 Nationwide annoucement, but the panel interview paperwork I saw had reference to a schedule B info session. So I honestly do not know what I am running under. Waiting on a response from HR for other questions. So maybe they can clarify.

• I did my background interview back in November. Haven't heard anything since. I'm hoping no news is good news lol! ( wave 4 )

Comment

• I emailed them a couple of days ago and they told me my background was favorably adjudicated. They did not tell me when they reached that decision. With everything so backed up, it's probably best to email them periodically to check your status rather than waiting for their email that you passed.

Comment

• Calvinist_1988
        Calvinist_1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        September 2020

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. Congrats. Wave 3/4?

• Calvinist_1988
        Calvinist_1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. My excitement for passing the BI was quickly smothered by the fact that my announcement expires soon and academy classes being cancelled, so who knows. I'm from the July 2018 external announcement. Only a handful of us stragglers left
        Last edited by Calvinist_1988; 02-11-2021, 01:18 AM.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha! Good stuff!!

• Anyone know if a pending frivolous lawsuit will hold you up? I've heard of some 1811s caring and others not. Any response is greatly appreciated in advance.

Comment

• Calvinist_1988 did you have to submit an eqip or fingerprints.

Comment

• Calvinist_1988
          Calvinist_1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Both and I submitted them twice. Did the first right before covid and was told to do a second one because it expired.

• By popular demand, the basic U.S. Marshals Profile Page is now live. Additions will be made over time and content suggestions (i.e. articles, videos, links) are truly welcomed.

https://www.specialagents.org/usms

-SA Blog

Comment

• Srok1
          Srok1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

• How long did it take to get contacted for the security interview and FIT after filling out e-qip and doing fingerprints? Am I looking at another year wait?

Comment

• Calvinist_1988
          Calvinist_1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Around a year might be a pushing it, even with the covid. A similar question was asked a few months back and got varied responses. After the BI interview, one person said they waited 3 months and another said 6 before fit. Keep in mind this was also pre-covid. But the trend is that it is different for everyone.

• BuffBills123
          BuffBills123 commented
          Editing a comment
          **Delete**
          Last edited by BuffBills123; 02-11-2021, 09:50 PM.

• Chair4ce
          Chair4ce commented
          Editing a comment
          BuffBills123 I’m about at 19 months, so learning patience as well. Thanks for the response!

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m at 27 months. Cleared everything still no fit. I gave up already

• Chair4ce hey what wave are you I’m still waiting on my Equip and fingerprint to be sent to me lol. So I haven’t even begun the background portion.

Comment

• Chair4ce
          Chair4ce commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m wave 3. It took a while after the medical and I contacted them but they said they hadn’t received my medical paperwork months later.

• Anyone beginning to hear rumblings of offers going out for a March/April class?

Comment

• futureFLEO
          futureFLEO commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to be a downer, but if you’re not already in a district office, you probably won’t see an academy seat until FY22.

• BuffBills123
          BuffBills123 commented
          Editing a comment
          True. Those of us at the end of the process awaiting hire, have already accepted we won’t arrive at FLETC at least until FY22. However, we’re trying to find out if the agency is onboarding new hires for FY21.

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol yeah Im aware of the stuff being spoken on but someone mentioned it via PM that a person received an offer - not assignment to a class. No one seems to know what’s going on though. Appreciate you responding though.

• Completed medical in September, still no news from medical and have not been contacted for my BI. Anyone in the same position?

Comment

• I have read all 78 pages of this thread and to give some people a little hope I decided to finally post. My original information session was back in July of 2019 and I didn’t receive anything from the marshals until I got a random email in November of 2020 asking to schedule a panel interview. I did the panel interview in December of 2020 and was invited to apply online in January 2021, and today I go the email that I was referred. Point is I had counted myself out and over a year later got a random email, nothing is fast with the government.

Comment

• porkchop23
            porkchop23 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would agree that, generally, nothing is fast with the gov. Unless you are talking about USSS because they are flying with these recent apps!!

• Check those emails again. I was referred for both GL 5 & 7. My info session was in early December in Orlando. My assessment was in Jan 2021.

Comment

• Anyone get an email like this?

"Good afternoon,

This is a courtesy email to notify you that you have been selected to continue in the recruitment process for the Deputy U.S. Marshal position. Currently, the COVID-19 pandemic has delayed our recruitment and hiring efforts. As we continue to push forward, please be patient with the process as circumstances are changing daily. Keep in mind that the recruitment and hiring process can take 12 to 16 months in normal situations. We will reach out to you via email with any changes to your status or should we need further information from you. We appreciate your patience during this time and thank you for your interest in the United States Marshals Service.
            Sincerely,
            Recruitment and Hiring Branch"

Got that one a month ago. I did my info assessment in early Dec.

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, I got that one about a month ago. Apparently, no one from my info session in October has moved forward thus far. Bit frustrating to say the least but what can you do.

• HelpBox101
              HelpBox101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, man, I appreciate the response.

• JasonIVAR
              JasonIVAR commented
              Editing a comment
              i received that email also i did my info session in NOV 2020 and got that email in January still haven't heard anything.

• Bbreezie
              Bbreezie commented
              Editing a comment
              I heard a few guys from my info session got that but some of us already got our interviews so I don't know how it works. Or how they chose who moved forward.

• Post deleted.
            Last edited by Gw2009; 02-24-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you already in an office or heard anything? Feel free to PM me.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5776 users online. 346 members and 5430 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X