300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scoutsout84 View Post
    Wave 2 here just received an email last week asking to update my USMS 522E. Background was sent up 11/17/20 for adjudication to the Marshals. Not sure if this means movement is coming but this process is definitely long and drawn out.
    Definitely weired process bro, my buddies got offered before me and we went to the same information session. No idea what they use to put you ahead of another candidate.

Comment

• LooterCooter27
      LooterCooter27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Speculating, but military service, assessment score, college degrees, LE experience can all bump you ahead of others you might assume are peers or equals. I saw it happen to a few and there's no other reason I can see for it.

• With a large part of USMS work being fugitive operations, does anyone who is not 6 ft 3 in tall/250 lbs/BJJ black belt/former combat-tested SEAL even stand a chance? Even if they stand a chance of getting an employment offer, can they even operate effectively in a USMS career? I have met very few deputy US Marshals in real life.

Comment

• LooterCooter27
      LooterCooter27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Look at some of the pictures on their IG account, for example... Plenty of utterly "normal" people in slightly better than average shape on there. And the ones I know in real life are probably in average shape not even close to being what you described.

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Bro...when I was at FLETC I saw USMS students of every shape and size. Tiny, skinny girls. Chubby dudes. Average-looking people.

• Boylerules
      Boylerules commented
      Editing a comment
      Fwiw, "large part" may not the be the most accurate description. The majority of DUSMs are not working fugitives day to day.

• porkchop23
      porkchop23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks to all who commented! I am here to learn!

• Check those emails

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      What's up?

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah...what you got and what wave are you lol. Identify yourself. Lolol.

• Good morning, can anybody with inside information tell us what’s going on with this hiring process. Are they still hiring?.

Comment

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still hiring and will be for several years. Lots of retirements coming. Goal is to be pushing 8 classes per year through FLETC for foreseeable future. Still working through a backlog of issues due to COVID. If you think this is the job for you, hang in there...

• ATG1729 thanks for the response. I guess everyone just has to be patient.

Comment

• Dr.Zeus
      Dr.Zeus commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s been a struggle
      Last edited by Dr.Zeus; 02-12-2021, 06:30 AM.

• Someone posted on delphi USMS cancelled all classes until FY22. Can anyone confirm this? If so stuff just got drawn out a lot further

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm gonna hold off on believing this until I know it's absolutely true. This is pretty bad news.

• KYpoPo
      KYpoPo commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too, and these forums haven’t always been true. Hoping someone on here has some concrete answers that prove me wrong

• Not true.. KYpoPo

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thought so. Fake news!

• KYpoPo is correct. I can confirm that all classes that have not already begun have been postponed and moved to FY22 starting in October 2021. We were told that official word would be coming from HQ shortly to those that have been hired and are waiting for classes to start.

GardenStateCO Checkmate The word was passed to us today, and our district told the 4 candidates we have here that this is true.

So FY22 now has a total of 8 classes scheduled. They will be 24 students classes as opposed to the normal 48 due to issues with housing on FLETC, unless something develops further.
    USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
    12/10/18- USMS Info Session
    3/25/19- USMS Interview
    4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
    5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
    7/03/19- Received TOL
    8/16/19-Initial Medical
    8/29/19-Completed Medical
    9/19/19-Received E-quip
    9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints
    11/5/19-Background Interview
    01/14/20-Drug Screen Completed
    03/12/20-Phone call with Verbal Offer
    03/20/20-Fit Test
    03/29/20-FO Call
    05/11/20-EOD
    08/11/20-Academy start
    01/04/21-Start in District

Current DUSM, Prior USMS TFO

Comment

• I concur with what money_mike stated. Our district received the news today as well.

Comment

• gmvargas2018
        gmvargas2018 commented
        Editing a comment
        This really breaks my heart. I am so close..

Adapt and over come. I can officially say, I have been in the process for over 2 years then.

So I guess OCT FY21 I will be slated for my class. Gives me time to workout.

Thank you for the information.

• BuffBills123
        BuffBills123 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m at the end of the process, completed all steps and eligible for class placement. By the sounds of it, applicants in the same spot as me will have to wait even longer then the first few classes in FY 22. If I’m reading this correctly, those spots are designated to the currently onboarded hires in local offices. I could be misinterpreting the information though.

• Dr.Zeus
        Dr.Zeus commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the same boat buffbill.
        Last edited by Dr.Zeus; 02-12-2021, 06:31 AM.

• What's their reasoning on pausing for such a long period of time? There are applications waiting since spring of 2020 that are eligible.

Comment

• money_mike
        money_mike commented
        Editing a comment
        FLETC is having major issues keeping the virus at bay. Their current policy is to quarantine an entire class that has a single positive. The more people on base at one time, the more likely someone will catch the virus. I believe they are "thinning the herd" so to speak so that there is more room for space.

When I left in the middle of December there was over 1,000 students on base, and it was feeling cramped then.

• 2 years is bad but some have it worse. I’m from the 2018 announcement and starting classes in October would be over 3 years waiting for me. And those are for people’s already picked up. I completed BI in September 2020 and have heard nothing since. If I do get picked up, I’m probably go around January or February of 2022. That will put me almost 3 1/2 years. I didn’t think that was even possible. Recent news is definitely tough to hear. Hang in there.

Comment

• Chair4ce
        Chair4ce commented
        Editing a comment
        Jrod26 is that true even with COVID right now? I went to the initial hire seminar in June 2019 been months in between each step but they just started my eQIP like 2 weeks ago. Given that timeline and with the class delay it will most likely be longer than 3 years for me to get a class date. Are they just gonna abandon my application at the 3 year mark?

• RVAhiker
        RVAhiker commented
        Editing a comment
        Chair4ce Calvinist, Jrod, and I are specifically talking about competitive hiring anncoucenemnts (aka the normal process) not the schedule B that it looks like you applied under.

• Chair4ce
        Chair4ce commented
        Editing a comment
        RVAhiker okay good. I guess I still have time since I’ll only hit the 2 year mark in June and I only have a BI and a FIT left. Definitely not as bad as some other people but it definitely makes transitioning out of the military difficult.

• Jrod26
        Jrod26 commented
        Editing a comment
        RVAhiker, I don’t know the answer to that.

Chair4ce, the 2012 hiring announcement that I mentioned was not schedule B. Therefore, I don’t know if the same applies to you. Btw, funny username lol!

• So for those of us who just tested and are waiting for an interview...

Maybe a class date in 2023? F our lives
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed
      19Mar21 TOL Received

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      25Jan21 Applied
      18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• From reading the FLETC Cancellations thread, it looks like someone is saying the FLETC decision to cancel classes in until Oct 2021 was changed to classes going in April 2021 now. People seem to be confirming this by stating they have been getting April start dates. Just relaying what I have been reading .

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          It sounds like the decision to cancel the BDUSM classes was made by the Marshals Service. Maybe someone else more informed can comment on this.

• Finesse
          Finesse commented
          Editing a comment
          Saw the same thing, have an old friend DC Superior going to BDUSM in March, confirmed on Monday.

• Dr.Zeus
          Dr.Zeus commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I heard and know last week there is a class of 24 going down in April. Originally scheduled January.

• Jrod26
          Jrod26 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got off the phone with a recruiter who said he knows nothing about classes getting canceled. Let’s give it some time to see if headquarters releases any information pertaining to this

• Having only done the information session, I can only imagine how long this process will be now.

Comment

• Hey is there anybody still waiting on there back ground to be initiated. Sent form April of 2020 and haven’t even received a confirmation that they were received. Is there anybody feeling the same pain I am lol.

Comment

• RVAhiker
            RVAhiker commented
            Editing a comment
            No confirmation of receipt for me. I did not get any response until about 6 months later pinging me to get fingerprinted and e-qip. I was squeezed in there just before COVID hit, so I am not sure what this means for you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4511 users online. 239 members and 4272 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X