Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a link to more granular detail of the USMS hiring process than their very bare bones website? The FBI has a comprehensive document called "All you need to know to apply" and another one called "testing overview," but I have been unable to find anything similar for the USMS.

Comment

• The USMS has only been allowed to hire under Schedule B since late 2018. They were in the process of refining their new hiring process when Covid hit. The details in the hiring process are ever changing due to the pandemic, so the streamlined process everyone desires is not possible in the near future. Regardless of how hard HR works (and they are working hard), they are battling to get the number of deputies needed to make the agency run smoothly.

It all starts with applying to an announcement on USA jobs (Schedule A) or going to an info session (Schedule B.) There are 75 pages of detailed information on this thread alone (which is specifically for the FY 2019 Schedule B Hiring Announcement.) I suggest anyone who’s interested in applying takes advantage of them.
      Last edited by Nicholas47; 01-21-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• porkchop23
        porkchop23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for commenting! I'm thankful for the information in these pages and was just hoping for something official/verified.

• Anybody in Wave 5 hear anything? My last action was completing medical back in September.

Comment

• Wave 4:

Emails today from HR confirming that my Securtiy Clearance was received (sent in Nov. 12th) but my Medical was still incomplete ( sent May 16th ) Anyone else have this going on ?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Wave 3. Haven’t heard anything since September when I spoke with my background investigator. Cleared medical in May.

• Jjjkklm
          Jjjkklm commented
          Editing a comment
          You guys do the blood draw at the Med ?

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I did my medical last January before covid was an issue. So I had everything done without issue.

• I’m in Wave 4 but have not received anything about even beginning the background.

Comment

• I'm in wave 4. Did my background interview last month. Contacts were reached. Haven't heard anything further.

Comment

• Anyone know of anyone who failed the computer assessment? Wondering how long after the test they were notified.

Comment

• Bbreezie
              Bbreezie commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you get the referred to the hiring manager. From what I understand that means you passed but I could be wrong.

• Any other wave 1 or wave 2 standing by?

Comment

• Dr.Zeus
              Dr.Zeus commented
              Editing a comment
              Making me feel a little better then!

• USArmy11B
              USArmy11B commented
              Editing a comment
              Wave 2 waiting on a fit test/final offer

• gmvargas2018
              gmvargas2018 commented
              Editing a comment
              WAVE 2 Here. I received an email last week.
              They said, I have completed the preliminary hiring process and awaiting class selection.
              We shall see folks.

• FS4Steele
              FS4Steele commented
              Editing a comment
              Wave 3 guy here. I received an email in November stating I passed the preliminary hiring process and am eligible to be placed in a class.

• Has anyone gotten a final call in the last few months?

Comment

• BuffBills123
              BuffBills123 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t believe any final calls/offers have been made since September 2020

• Dr.Zeus
              Dr.Zeus commented
              Editing a comment
              That is the last I heard also.

• Dr.Zeus I’m wave 2, still standby. Waiting on fit.

Comment

• Wave 4 out of Miami, had my medical and haven’t heard anything since.

Comment

• This is a bit of a re-post from me, but for those of you who have gone through the medical already and had to provide them with extra information for injuries or other past conditions, any info on what exactly they requested would help a lot of us tremendously. Especially us veterans with disability ratings or other issues in the past that may raise an eyebrow.

For example, I have a back condition that looks bad on paper, but I have an assessment from a physical therapy office that took me through a ton of workouts in their office (deadlifting, running, walking, bending, etc) and cleared me for work with no restrictions.

Anything that we applicants can do ahead of time to have our paperwork in order would definitely help move things along. Thanks in advance!
              USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
              13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
              18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
              16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
              08Mar21 Interviewed
              19Mar21 TOL Received
              16Apr21 Contacted to schedule medical

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
              25Jan21 Applied
              18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• Wave 2 here just received an email last week asking to update my USMS 522E. Background was sent up 11/17/20 for adjudication to the Marshals. Not sure if this means movement is coming but this process is definitely long and drawn out.

Comment

• SniperMagoo11
                  SniperMagoo11 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My background timeline matches yours. I submitted a 522E on 12/18/2020. It's definitely a long process brother.

• I know with DEA and USMS you have go to an info session to apply. But I have tried countless times to contact a recruiter in Colorado to no luck. I’m even in their email subscription to notify me of any events and I’ve gotten nothing for more than a year. Anyone know how I can attend one of these info sessions?

Comment

• Scoutsout84
                  Scoutsout84 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you contact the national recruiting email?

• ATG1729
                  ATG1729 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Email [email protected]

Might take a few days, but you'll get a reply

• SniperMagoo11 it definitely is but seriously no ones process seems to go the same. But hopefully we hear something soon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5048 users online. 289 members and 4759 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X