Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone that attended the information session for the EDNY (Central Islip) in late October been contacted yet? Starting to get worried, even though I know it's a long process.

Comment

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      In October of 2020? From what I understand, no one from those October EDNY info session has heard anything yet. I also attended this one (10/26).

• Yeah, that's the one. I went on the 27th.

Comment

• Anyone that attended the late October info session in Texas not hear anything back yet? Is it normal to wait this long?

Comment

• tx5325
        tx5325 commented
        Editing a comment
        I attended that session and have not heard anything either.

• I go by the info provided by my recruiters from my information session. I had my info session last month. The hiring process is different for each applicant. According to my recruiters, even if you attended a much earlier information session, it does not mean you will get to the next step of the hiring process faster than someone who attended a later session. Once your initial app goes to DC, those applicants with specialized experience, language skills, or some other quality that distinguishes them from the other thousands of applicants will hear something first. As, I stated, this comes from my recruiters. If you have any questions, you can pm me and I can provide you with my recruiter’s info.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        We have a whole district that has not gotten word yet since their info session in October.

• Good evening, has anybody in wave 4 seen any movement. I still haven’t received my background initiation or equip.

Comment

• Lrs2247
        Lrs2247 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, I am in the same position as you. Haven't heard anything since medical in September.

• If you have an active clearance with another agency like CBP, do you still have to go through the BI?
      USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
      08Mar21 Interviewed
      19Mar21 TOL Received

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      25Jan21 Applied
      18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• Mav222
        Mav222 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are DOD secrets good enough to be hired?

• OficialDDD
        OficialDDD commented
        Editing a comment
        When I went through the DO process in 2018 and was offered the job, my background with CBP was good enough. I didn’t have to fill out the background forms. I assume I didn’t have to fill out background forms since both were DHS entities. Non DOJ applicants probably have to fill out background forms.
        Last edited by OficialDDD; 01-12-2021, 07:20 PM.

• Boylerules
        Boylerules commented
        Editing a comment
        We (new DUSMs from recent hiring waves) have been told that you need a Tier 5 background investigation, which in the DOD gives you TS/SCI eligibility. I never heard the term Tier 5 while in the military, I always heard it referred to as an SSBI.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t have to go thru a BI. Have a clearance with DHS.
        Last edited by FNG41YR; 01-13-2021, 08:51 PM. Reason: More info

• I attended my info session last month in Mobile AL. I got a email this week with the usa jobs application invite. For those that have taken the assessment. Do you get a score or even find out if you pass/fail?

Comment

• beattheodds7051
        beattheodds7051 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't notified of a score or pass/fail. From what I understand they don't notify you but you will know if you passed if you get an interview email

• Wave 1 or 2, what is your status?

USMS Schedule B WAVE 2
      05/17/2019 - USMS Info Session
      06/27/2019 - USMS Interview
      08/20/2019 - USMS invite to apply online
      09/10/2019 - Referred to USMS.
      09/16/2019 - Received TOL
      10/25/2019 - Initial Medical
      02/24/20 - Received E-quip
      02/28/20 - Completed Fingerprints
      03/13//20 - Drug Screen Completed
      05/11/20 - Background Interview
      09/08/20 - Medical cleared
      10/20/20 - Background complete -sent to USMS for adjudication.

Anyone from Wave 2 or wave 1 still waiting.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 1 here

• Dream-Chaser
        Dream-Chaser commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 1) met with B.I. end of September. I haven’t heard a word, but it’s a process and I get it. I just hope Federal jobs don’t become frozen on January 21st...

• Rob11
        Rob11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 1 as well

• 2019 Excepted Service Wave 1

08/??/2018 Info Session (East Texas)
      04/15/2020 USAjobs
      06/29/2020 Interview (Dallas)
      07/14/2020 TOL
      09/15/2020 Physical Exam
      Radio Silence...

Please tell me that I am not suffering alone here?

Comment

• Lrs2247
        Lrs2247 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exact same timeline, almost to the day. SW region. You are not alone, if it makes you feel better.

• Rob11
        Rob11 commented
        Editing a comment
        It actually does make me feel better in some some regard. Thank you.

• Can anyone PM me a solid/reliable Point of Contact to check on my BI status? I am in adjudication currently and have been since November.

Comment

• Good afternoon, can anybody that’s in the academy or just left enlighten me on the physical training portion of the academy. Just trying to figure out how many miles should I be running a day. Even though i am still waiting on background to be started or adjudicated lol.

Comment

• GardenStateCO
          GardenStateCO commented
          Editing a comment
          BPAVET 3 miles but focus on wall sits, plants, push ups, air squats, lounges, and fighting endurance. Typically dont go on very long runs.

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          3 mile runs every day?

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          There's very little mandated running, but my guess is GardenState is saying 3 miles is a good idea in order to keep your endurance where it needs to be for when the mandated runs do come as well as your FIT test. I probably ran 3 days a week while there, anywhere between 3-5 miles each time. I don't want to spoil the fun, but I can tell you that you won't do any mandated runs longer than 10 miles. When those runs come around, you're expected to keep up. The advice on body-weight calisthenics is on target

• When you all say your background checks are in adjudication, how do you know that? I’m curious because I had my background interview in August and haven’t heard anything since that day. I know they contacted my references and neighbors but outside of that, I have no clue what’s going on.

Comment

• If anyone can answer this please, if you are at 100% for VA Disability. Does that mean you are automatically disqualified when the medical eval is submitted??

Comment

• LeoGrind33
            LeoGrind33 commented
            Editing a comment
            This is a good question in general pertaining VA Disability rating and gaining med clearance for the DUSM hiring process. It does seem like USMS maintains a high level of medical standards for applicants in the pre-employment process and rightfully so the job can be very demanding. Looking back through several DUSM threads dating back to the 2016 announcement it seems like there is mixed experiences for candidates with VA ratings. It will definitely make the process longer. It does seem like it’s not necessarily the Disability % but more the specific ailments which could interfere with the duties required of the job. Could someone with recent or prior experience in this area elaborate on this for us vets?

• LooterCooter27
            LooterCooter27 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm at 60% VA with tinnitus, low back pain, knee pain, trouble sleeping. I apparently passed the medical no problem as they had me continue on to the background, and my medical was April 2019.

• GardenStateCO thank you for the answer I will work on that.

Comment

• I received the below email today. I attended an information session in TX back in October. Just an FYI for anyone in that session to keep an eye out. Pretty much a "Thanks for waiting, please wait more" message.

Good Afternoon,
            This is a courtesy email to notify you that you have been selected to continue in the recruitment process for the Deputy U.S. Marshal position. Currently, the COVID-19 pandemic has delayed our recruitment and hiring efforts. As we continue to push forward, please be patient with the process as circumstances are changing daily. Keep in mind that the recruitment and hiring process can take 12 to 16 months in normal situations. We will reach out to you via email with any changes to your status or should we need further information from you. We appreciate your patience during this time and thank you for your interest in the United States Marshals Service.

Comment

• preacherman
              preacherman commented
              Editing a comment
              Got this as well. By looking at everyone else’s timeline, we’re in for a pretty long wait.

• tx5325
              tx5325 commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed. I'm going to take the "Forget you applied until they call you" route for this one.

• Ser Oly
              Ser Oly commented
              Editing a comment
              I got the same, but for NY. Good to hear something.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4206 users online. 216 members and 3990 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X