Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been in this process for well over a year now and understand that COVID may have been the reason why the process has been so slow. Does anyone know if things will be picking back up in 2021?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Between COVID and the budget not being completed for FY21 it has definitely slowed down. The budget appears to be getting signed tomorrow though, so I do think things will pick up significantly once that’s in place.

• FYI guys, the classes next year will only have 24 candidates as opposed to 48... FLETC's call, not the Marshals Service...

Comment

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      That will be sure to slow things down even more. Any indication on people still onboarding while they wait for their class at FLETC?

• QuamChee
      QuamChee commented
      Editing a comment
      That's FLETC in GA... One of the class advisors told me that...

• FS4Steele
      FS4Steele commented
      Editing a comment
      Any idea what classes they are currently trying to fill?

• QuamChee
      QuamChee commented
      Editing a comment
      BDUSMI classes...

• Got the recertify my medical email. 24 months but who is counting?

Comment

• FS4Steele
      FS4Steele commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. I originally completed mine 12 months ago.

• Jjjkklm
      Jjjkklm commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you do you need a recertification every 12 months? Have your guys completed your Equip and Background as well?

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      jjj I have completed everything. Current FLEO with T5 BI.

• If you went to an info session, did not hear anything for a month or two, should you just assume they didn't want you?

Comment

• porkchop23
      porkchop23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your personal timeline, WilliamB275.

• NGPAPP
      NGPAPP commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to worry you but I attended an info session in October in NY and got an invite to apply on USA jobs late December.

• porkchop23
      porkchop23 commented
      Editing a comment
      NGPAPP, ughhh, that is what I was afraid of. I am wondering if I should reach back out to them to touch base, or if that would be annoyingly forward of me.

• bghny1995
      bghny1995 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I understand nobody from EDNY has heard anything still and that info session was also in October. Some from SDNY heard in December. Wouldn't sweat it too much.

• Here is my process so far. It took so long and I think am about to get disqualified due to age requirement.

Info session: Sept. 2018
    Interviewed: July 2019
    Applied and Assessment test: Dec 2020

I am turning 37years old come end of January lol there goes my process. But does anyone know if I turned 37 come January would I be disqualified or would I still continue on the hiring process. I am a none Vet. but a current 12years LEO.
    Last edited by lazyzuner; 12-26-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• futureFLEO
      futureFLEO commented
      Editing a comment
      Some agencies only require that you apply before your 37th birthday, USMS requires you to be appointed before 37. So unless you have prior military or Fed LEO time, you’re probably SOL. But I would email HRD anyway.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe they can and will waiver if you are in the process at the tail end, but not sure. I would email HRD twice a day until I got an answer.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe they can and will waiver if you are in the process at the tail end, but not sure. I would email HRD twice a day until I got an answer.

• Juice733
      Juice733 commented
      Editing a comment
      God this is terrible you been in the process since 2018 and the clock ran out on you, this has happen to a few people in the process. If you were a Vet you could get a age waiver to continue to the process. I got hired back in 2014 and I was 6 month into my 37th birthday and when I got the call I got an age waiver due to being a veteran.

• Anyone in here coming from the 2018 Recent Grad? I know a few of us will have to re-apply under schedule B due to 2018 Recent Grad expiring soon.

Comment

• Not to sound negative, but what is the usual failure rate for the academy training? Work with a gentleman who said it's pretty high. Just curious if true.

Comment

• OficialDDD
        OficialDDD commented
        Editing a comment
        DUSM and ATF have the most physically demanding pt requirements at FLETC Glynco. If you are not above average in physical fitness for these two, prepare to get washed out.

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Failure rate can fluctuate between 10-20% on average per class. Obviously every class is different, but over the past year and a half, that seems to be the average as of late.

• OficialDDD i thought as long as you passed the final PFT you would be fine.

Comment

• futureFLEO
        futureFLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative. Pt tests are a bare minimum required to pass FLETC. Fall out on multiple Marshal challenges/group smoke sessions and they’ll send you packing.

• futureFLEO So a smoke session is considered an exam

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Smoke sessions are not exams, but Marshals Challenges are required events and if you can't keep up and/or don't put out effort like your counterparts, they can take those training hours from you. Lose enough hours and you can be dropped IAW course standards. This is made clear on Day 1.

• I’d love to hear more about the Marshals Challenges. I heard that one is in the pool, but that you don’t need to know how to swim.
      USMS Schedule B 2019

??Dec18 Info Session
      ??Interview
      21June19 TOL received
      ??July19 Hired by AMO, voluntarily discontinued USMS hiring process

USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
      13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
      16Jan21 Referred for GL-5

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
      25Jan21 Applied

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Knowing how to swim helps...

• The USMS does not accept the "minimum" in any area. If you cannot bring yourself to exceed the standard in the Academy, you will likely fall apart after graduation.

For this reason, you can "pass everything" and still be sent packing the last day. It is nothing against the candidate. It is done to keep other deputies safe.

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bingo. We had 2 drop with less than 10 days to graduation.

• Any word on “good news” emails or FOLs for January or February?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Word I am hearing is those classes are full already. Don’t quote me though.

• Good afternoon, has anybody received the forms to begin the background.(EQIP and fingerprints) from wave 4.

Comment

• KYpoPo
        KYpoPo commented
        Editing a comment
        I got mine back in late September I believe, my Interview was late October end I haven’t heard anything since then

• Good afternoon, I was wondering how unlikely or likely would it be for a recent graduate, with no experience, except an internship with the United States Marshals Service be able to acquire a job as a Deputy or even at least a interview as a Deputy among the agency? Sorry if it's a common answer just would like to know or any other route to consider?

Comment

• KYpoPo
        KYpoPo commented
        Editing a comment
        Slightly more difficult, however they sometimes post announcements for people exactly in your situation. You will be competing with a lot of folks that may have more experience as well. Just reach out to your nearest recruiter and get signed up for an information session.

• So I received an email today regarding an invitation to take the online assessments. I attended my info session in Orlando last month. So, those who attended my info session or one on a similar date, start checking your emails. I took the online assessments last June and scored an 87. So I should be going on to the next step after I apply to the announcement. Good luck to all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3896 users online. 248 members and 3648 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X