Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI -- the recruiting officer in Oregon just sent out an email. They're doing info sessions some time in the near future. I withdrew my name because I already attended an info session in Area 7. May be too late to get in on the list for Oregon, there were only 50 openings and something like 80 people on the mass email that went out. There may be other upcoming info sessions in the region though that you could get in on.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Western District of WA is also setting up an info session.

• illini372
      illini372 commented
      Editing a comment
      May want to post this in the Schedule B 2020 thread.

• December 9th there will be an Informational Hiring Session in Atlanta. Looking forward to possibly starting this process.

Comment

• I received equip and fingerprints email today. I am wave 4 so they’re still trickling out.

Comment

• todds10
        todds10 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don’t mind me asking when did you do your medical exam? I did mine sept 16 haven’t heard anything yet.

• Good evening, I am still waiting on Eqip and fingerprints email, wave 4 here.

Comment

• For anyone who has gone through the process with complicated medical history, and successfully passed the medical...Please PM me. I have some questions about how I can get my ducks in a row prior to reaching that step.
        USMS Schedule B 2020

09Oct20 Info Session
        13Dec20 Notice of Invitation to Apply
        18Dec20 Applied/Written Assessment
        16Jan21 Referred for GL-5
        08Mar21 Interviewed
        19Mar21 TOL Received

ATF Schedule B 2021

16Jan21 Notice of Invitation to Apply
        25Jan21 Applied
        18Mar21 Notification of Referral/Eligibility

Comment

• Still waiting for a fit test. Cleared everything. Any day now any day..

Comment

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m hearing movement will be picking up for the new year. Multiple classes and a bunch of on boarding.

• GETSOME90
            GETSOME90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here brother. If we don’t hear anything this week, chances are we won’t until December. Fingers crossed.

• BPVAFED
            BPVAFED commented
            Editing a comment
            My background was done last week, I am hoping for that FIT test call soon as well.

• BuffBills123
            BuffBills123 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also heard they planned to have a January class but I heard this prior to hearing FLETC had a COVID outbreak. I was the recipient of two “good news” emails and passed two FIT tests. The first good news email came about a week before they started onboarding for May. The second good news email came approx 3 months prior to the onboarding for September.

FYI, I still haven’t been picked up yet. Never a bad idea to keep applying for other agencies while waiting out this process.

• So I finished my background as well a few weeks ago, had anyone EODd recently?

Comment

• Boylerules
            Boylerules commented
            Editing a comment
            Last EODs were at the end of Sep, before the fiscal year. Generally agencies have a hard time doing excepted service hiring during a CR, because you need an appropriation to hire against.

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            So what you’re saying is there’s a chance? Lol

• First time posting. Here is my timeline

7/23/19 info session

12/10/19 interview

02/04/20 application invitation

02/26/20 notice of referral

04/17/20 TOL

06/30/20 Medical

10/20/20 eQIP/fingerprints notification

patiently waiting with you all!!!

Comment

• I’m hearing the next onboarding will be in February. Likely going to be radio silence until after the Holidays

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did your hearing pick up Wave 4 candidates will be getting onboarded? Lol.

• BuffBills123
              BuffBills123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol haven’t heard anything about what waves are being hired. I think some wave 3s squeezed in ahead of me on the last onboarding (I’m wave 2)

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lolol. Roger that.

• todds10
              todds10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Heard anything about Wave 1. I completed med exam in sept haven’t heard anything since.

• Has anyone who is current federal law enforcement and post medical evaluation received any type of communication?

Timeline:

Info Session 5/2019
            Interview 6/2019
            TOL 9/2019
            Medical & Drug 11/2019
            Last edited by CNOP246; 11-19-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• How does the duty location work? Do you make a list similar to the other agencies? Can you choose the region you live and attended the information session in?

Comment

• BuffBills123
                BuffBills123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Similar info:
                At my info session they said their goal was to keep you within the region which you attended your session. However, later in the process I was emailed a list of nationwide offices to chose from that HR indicated had the highest need for staff.

• Yak
                Yak commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, thanks for the info. I may have to actually take a good look at them then.

• Boylerules
                Boylerules commented
                Editing a comment
                NYC1175 is correct, you will be offered a set of available offices and submit a top-5 preferences. The available offices are based off current and projected USMS manning requirements. Your resume will then be provided to those districts for review by their senior leadership (my experience meant that was the Marshal and Chief, but I've heard it could be just the Chief or even Assistant Chief depending on the size of the district). They will then have the option of picking from the candidates forwarded by HRD.

This process is a little iterative, but will place every 0082.

It's not limited to the region you did your info session in, even though that's what I was told when I did mine back in Apr 19. Obviously if the process takes 12-18 months, the manpower requirements will change between info session and FOL..

• Tx21
                Tx21 commented
                Editing a comment
                To follow up on the other posts.... thats the way it should work... but be prepared for anything..... i was interviewed for an office before even getting a Locations email... in fact maybe about 4 months before a locations email... and I think before FIT.... i know of other guys that got offers from offices before locations as well... so at some point your packet is floating around probably after background adjudication...... i ended up getting a spot in the district i attended my info session in.. so it all worked out.... good luck

• So some info that was taken from instructors here at FLETC:

There are currently 3 classes on base right now. The second integrated program just started. There is a 3rd integrated class scheduled for December, and this class is supposedly already filled with names who have onboarded. I have had it confirmed that there is another integrated class scheduled to start in February although no one knows what that looks like yet due to FLETC, COVID, etc.

I have heard they have classes scheduled to begin in February, March, April, and May. This is not totally confirmed, although all the instructors will admit the agency wants to get 8 classes done this fiscal year.

Yall stay in shape, or get in better shape. Your gonna need it.
              USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
              12/10/18- USMS Info Session
              3/25/19- USMS Interview
              4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
              5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
              7/03/19- Received TOL
              8/16/19-Initial Medical
              8/29/19-Completed Medical
              9/19/19-Received E-quip
              9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints
              11/5/19-Background Interview
              01/14/20-Drug Screen Completed
              03/12/20-Phone call with Verbal Offer
              03/20/20-Fit Test
              03/29/20-FO Call
              05/11/20-EOD
              08/11/20-Academy start
              01/04/21-Start in District

Current DUSM, Prior USMS TFO

Comment

• Donjuan85657
                Donjuan85657 commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s awesome intel. I’m post eQIP/Fingerprints so hopefully I can be in a class by spring!

• gmvargas2018
                gmvargas2018 commented
                Editing a comment
                After March fit test, did you get offered a final offer? Via email or phone call?

• Does anyone know what happens after you get medically cleared and your background is complete and sent to the Marshals to be adjudicated. What is next? Fit test? Interview?

Comment

• money_mike
                money_mike commented
                Editing a comment
                You should have already done the interview. The process has been done multiple ways in the last few months, just sit back and wait to hear something.

• If you attend a session in one region, must you apply to that region? Or can you attend any session and apply to any region?

Comment

• tx5325
                tx5325 commented
                Editing a comment
                You don't apply to a region. You apply for the agency and they decide where you go.

• illini372
                illini372 commented
                Editing a comment
                I picked my region preferences at my interview in Arlington.

• I have my info session this Thursday. I hear that they are going to try and push like 600 cadets thru this FY. My question is what is the fastest you've heard of someone going through the process and also how do you know if you are in the schedule B process or just the normal process?

Comment

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Fastest I've seen: 8 months Info session to Final offer.

How do you know it's schedule B: If there is no open announcement on USA Jobs that anyone can apply to, it's schedule B. We're all in the schedule B process at the moment. I don't think they do open announcements anymore.

• Donjuan85657
                Donjuan85657 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m at 17 months right now...and I only have a FIT test left.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4267 users online. 219 members and 4048 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X