Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceann hey sorry to hear that are you currently, in a federal law enforcement position.
    Last edited by BPAVET; 10-20-2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• For those who took the assessment, is it like the study guide linked below in terms of format? Decision making assessment and a writing assessment?

https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/prep_guide.pdf

Comment

• Boylerules
        Boylerules commented
        Editing a comment
        You mean the online assessment/test or the interview assessment?

The online one I took was fairly similar to what's described in the link. I read a great piece of advice before hand to the effect of 'you want to come across as low-risk and trainable'. It's not an assessment of your experience, but more of your ability to be a decent DUSM in the future. Just my two cents though, I have no special insight into how the assessment is evaluated.

The interview is a bit different. It's more of a STAR question/answer, session. For you or anyone else, read the USMS core competencies, and practice answers using them, coming up with scenarios you can rely upon in the press of an interview.
        Last edited by Boylerules; 10-26-2020, 02:59 PM.

• Anyone else get the feeling that the next wave of FOs will be a pretty long time from now?

Comment

• KS342
        KS342 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you’re right. What I heard is after the November class the next class won’t start until May.

• BuffBills123
        BuffBills123 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t speak to anything with certainty. This process is very difficult to predict. However, I think there’s FLETC classes slated for January and if they still have 8 more classes to hire for this FY, I don’t know if they can wait until May to hire the next class.

• QuamChee
        QuamChee commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm here at FLETC now... I spoke to one of the instructors and they said that there will be like five BDUSMI classes overlapping each other coming up in the next couple months...

• BuffBills123
        BuffBills123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate the update.

• Does anyone have a number or who to contact to check on medical after you finished to see about clearance to move on to background ?

Comment

• Finesse
        Finesse commented
        Editing a comment
        [email protected]

• todds10
        todds10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Finesse does it hurt to email them?

• Finesse
        Finesse commented
        Editing a comment
        of course not, if anything they give you the typical "no updates at this time" email

• I'd feel good just to see any usms email address in my in box at this point. I replied to that medical email to check status. I'm wondering if we hit medical about the time covid was hitting which is why they canceled our blood draws. Now maybe medical is in incomplete status. Maybe back ground does not launch until medical is clear? Not sure the system there as I thought they would run simultaneously.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have information 100% specific to your issue, but I can tell you that medicals, blood draws, etc. are backed up in the Federal Occupation Health system now. My US Probation medical was supposed to happen a month ago. It took me three weeks to get it scheduled, which was the soonest available time. A lot of FOH clinics were closed due to COVID until recently. Then my medical got canceled and pushed out again. Not sure if USMS uses FOH, but if they do, might explain the backup for your medical.

I've talked to recruiters from half a dozen offices now, and an admin/HR person in DC. They said that in general, COVID19 has seriously jammed up the schedule B hiring process.

Congrats on getting this far with the USMS, I am envious.

• Does anyone know any upcoming information sessions? Thank You!

Comment

• tx5325
        tx5325 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just attended one in Texas last week that covered the southwest region, so I would not expect any future ones down south for quite some time. I noticed some of your old posts that you've already attended an info session? You only need to attend one.

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Start looking at Florida and the Carolinas. I was told by recruiters there that they were trying to line up info sessions for late this year or early next year.

• Does anyone know how long after the info session the online assessment goes out typically?
      I attended a session in NY last week and keep checking my email and USA Jobs incessantly just hoping to see something.

Comment

• BuffBills123
        BuffBills123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Approximately a month after my info session, I interviewed. Approximately three months after my info session, I took online assessment.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        A month to two months according to the Marshals there. I think we were at the same one (EDNY)

• Hey yall, I’ve cleared background part, so next up i will have the PT test. Anyways i was Just wondering (because holidays are coming up) I’m sure a lot of you applicants will be out of town to visit families. I know i will for sure. What if they call for PT test and your in a whole different state? Do they let u take it at closest field office or you have to cut vacation short and head back?

Comment

• illini372
        illini372 commented
        Editing a comment
        FIT tests are on hold for the time-being.(COVID)

• illini372 gotcha thanks man!

Comment

• Honestly fellas, I'm hearing some disconcerting news about FLETC as it relates to COVID (classes currently there getting potentially sent home). For those of us still in the application phase, I'm gonna say buckle down and prepare for a long ride.

Comment

• hawks22
          hawks22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can tell you that all classes at FLETC have been put on hold until the 12th. We have been isolating in our rooms since the 1st

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you with USMS?

• hawks22
          hawks22 commented
          Editing a comment
          NYC1175 I am

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mind if I DM you?

• NYC1175 i honestly feel the same way man.

Comment

• Definitely don’t see hiring happening until maybe this time next year.

Comment

• Check your emails. I'm wave 4 just got equip and finger print emai .

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. Did anyone on here who already had an active TS clearance still have to do an eQIP and fingerprints?

• KYpoPo
              KYpoPo commented
              Editing a comment
              I did, and it appears if your investigation is within a certain timeframe you will be good. You still have to fill out the equip but they just use your old investigation. This is all speculation of course, but I have a TS/SCI and just redid and entire investigation because even though I’m current, my investigation was too old.

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah okay good. It’s been less than a year since I was read in for mine. I should definitely be within scope for reciprocation.

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              This sounds like good news. I'm wave 5.

• Hey, is there anybody in wave 4 who’s has not received forms to start the background. I’m in wave 4 and haven’t received anything yet.

Comment

• BPAVET I haven’t received anything yet. Although, I have consistently been a month or two behind everyone else in the process. I’m not sure why.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3361 users online. 189 members and 3172 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X