Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done anyone know then the current CITP classes will start the DUSM Academy? I already have have CITP so i'm just wanting to get an idea of when the next couple follow-ons will start. Appreciate it.....

Comment

Got a call today, FIT test on Friday and I spoke to someone at HQ who said I might make the follow-on starting in July if I pass the FIT, which won't be a problem.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll most likely have to do the add on. I don't know how USMS operates, but DSS doesn't make trainees do it again if they've completed CITP.

• Ceann
        Ceann commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve seen you on the 2018 forum too and am somewhat following your progress. They give you any indication whether you were contacted for the 2018 announcement or the schedule B?

• Gollywompas
        Gollywompas commented
        Editing a comment
        Ceann, no indication give but my TO was for Schedule B so I'm assuming i'll be offered either DC or SW Border lol

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Golly when did you apply if you dont mind me asking? Seems like schedule B is moving right along. But like you said you are an 1811 so that probably sped things up

Gollywompas are you in the schedule b process? I went to the info session in TX in December 2018 ..... i’ve had my interview and have taken the online assessment... just waiting to see if i move forward.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man for that info. They told us our clearances dont transfer over from military. Looks like things are moving along for schedule B though. That's what I like to hear.

• Gollywompas
        Gollywompas commented
        Editing a comment
        I had my TS re-upped this past October by the DoD.... all I had to do was sign the SF-86 consent form so the Marshals could pull my clearance to verify and it was adopted. No need to provide references or fill out a new E-Quip

• Roninjin
        Roninjin commented
        Editing a comment
        Gollywompas, did the USMS had you fill out a SF86C?

• Gollywompas
        Gollywompas commented
        Editing a comment
        Roninjin, no, just the first page of the SF 86 where you put your bio data on the bottom giving consent for them to pull your background info and OPM data

It should be noted that for clearances they will adopt what you already have if it is high enough for their purposes. For instance, a colleague jumped to the USMS from a DOD Entity (civilian 1811) and they adopted his "TS" with some additional forms to ensure nothing has changed. I'd imagine if you already have a legit TS it will speed up the process 10-fold.
      Last edited by La_Bamba; 05-23-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post
        It should be noted that for clearances they will adopt what you already have if it is high enough for their purposes. For instance, a colleague jumped to the USMS from a DOD Entity (civilian 1811) and they adopted his "TS" with some additional forms to ensure nothing has changed. I'd imagine if you already have a legit TS it will speed up the process 10-fold.
        I can't comment on DOD/Military clearances carrying over, it was indicated to me that a recent SSBI through OPM should speed the process up. Your colleague's may have carried over because they were already an 1811.

Comment

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats the same thing I was told about the SSBI through OPM. OPM does the clearances for DoD... at least for a little while longer, the Defense Security Service is about to be renamed and take over all clearances for the Government

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          @Gollywompas

OPM does the background work, but I don't know if the adjudication is the same for military clearances. I also think the job you have the clearance with plays a role. In your case you work with AFOSI doing criminal work and have a TS, on that basis I can see that transferring. What may not transfer is a military intelligence SSBI, despite being similar. Mind you this is me just posting a theory I have no idea what goes on in the HR department.

FIT test is in the books. I didn't doubt I would pass but that sit and reach is a B if you are like me and quit stretching after grade school. Even with a year of BJJ i'm still not as flexible as I was even 6 years ago when I went through FLETC the first time...my advice, get to stretching, it would have killed me to do well on the physical aspects and fail because of the sit and reach. On a positive note I had my best run time in nearly 7 years and scored excellent on my run and superiors on my PU and SU.

Comment

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I think we all feel the same about that sit and reach lol

• HSVP
          HSVP commented
          Editing a comment
          Which announcement did you get the FIT test notification from?

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          nonotnow, its age dependent... shot me your email and i will send you the powerpoint that has the fitness test breakdown and the standards.
          Last edited by Gollywompas; 05-24-2019, 02:53 PM.

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          HSVP, this process is so confusing I can't even tell you. I'm under schedule B and RG but from what I understand all of the steps count for both announcements. My TO said i'd be considered for nation wide vacancies which doesn't fit RG or the Schedule B since that one is for Region 2. i'll just have to wait and see when they call.

In regards to the hiring process, what part of the process are you required to take the Fit Test?

Comment

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          its typically the last step and it's good for 90 days. A current test is required to attend FLETC
          Last edited by Gollywompas; 05-24-2019, 04:51 PM. Reason: updating facts

• matt_laut
          matt_laut commented
          Editing a comment
          where could we find the fit test standards? all i see on the website is 1.5 mile run and absolute bench press.

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          matt_laut, PM me your email address

@Golly, when that final offer comes down in the next week or so don't forget to scream to high heaven you have CITP already. Unless of course you want 13 weeks of that glorious chicken.....again. lol Congrats man. I love working with you OSI guys, top notch crew in my opinion.

Comment

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks brother... if I want to start in July I might have to bite the bullet and go through CITP again if its an option since my military pay stops in two weeks lol. The chicken sucks but on the bright side I get 13 extra fridays at Ziggys!

Has anyone heard about any future hiring information seminars, contacting recruiters are local offices and hearing more of the same which is a lot of deflection, I know the Northeast Northwest and Southwest border are the 3 hot spot areas right now but any info would be awesome to have

Comment

• matt_laut I would try emailing or calling the general USMS recruiting.They can probably give you definite answer.

Comment

• matt_laut
            matt_laut commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely not they told me to contact individual recruiting offices.

• Nsk_104
            Nsk_104 commented
            Editing a comment
            They told me the same thing, but I told them I was having difficult time reaching my local recruiter. After a few days the local recruiter reached out to me. The other option for you like you said would be to continue contacting your local recruiting offices.

• jonesdr
            jonesdr commented
            Editing a comment
            The general recruiting email has been the best point of contact I have made. My local offices have never even heard of Schedule B. When the southwest region recruiting was going on I contacted every office along the border and most never called or emailed back. Arizona office called and emailed back last week, months after the region's recruitment drive was over.

• Here's how I did it

-Contacted DC email asking for more information about excepted service/schedule B
          -Contacted DC again during the time frame they told me to.
          -DC gave me the regions that would be doing the information sessions.
          -I reached out to every office (well almost every office) on the list that DC gave me. Out of the offices I contacted, 3 got back to me. The first office that gave me a date I booked my flight and hotel for.

Show persistence and stay in contact with the recruiters, that is my advice.
          Last edited by Levithane; 05-27-2019, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• **deleted**
            Last edited by Tx21; 05-27-2019, 11:27 AM. Reason: because people got pissed off

Comment

• Roninjin
              Roninjin commented
              Editing a comment
              Why did you post the same question in all the Marshal threads? Just chill out your question will be answered

• Roninjin. Because not everyone follows the same threads. I havent looked at the other threads in several months. Because they dont really apply to me. Sorry if it ****ed you off. I will go delete them if you want.

Comment

• Deadpker
              Deadpker commented
              Editing a comment
              It is completely unnecessary to post a general question about the E-Qip in four different threads. Use your brain. There's plenty of people in each of those threads who have been through the E-Qip process multiple times.

• Tx21

Fam, you do the eqip when they tell you to do it. If you want to fill out a practice PDF to make it easier when filling out the one that gets submitted, by all means do so. OPM doesn't let you create an account unless you're given a passcode. I did mine for my current job last year and the agency has to send you an access code to create an account, and fill the forms out. When filling out the eqip don't have any overlapping activities, or gaps. Last thing I'll say is put your 5.11 waiting pants on.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything after applying and assessment?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12672 users online. 498 members and 12174 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X