Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a heads up, today I received an email from medical containing extension form. For those coming up on one year since medical, be on the lookout for it.

Comment

• Quick question, has anybody completed medical without doing the blood work?. I have not received any information on my medical being completed, or that I need to do the blood work.

Comment

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        For my portion on medical, the clinic "forgot" about me between the first and second appointments. I had to call and ask them what's up. You may just need to call the clinic, even though they were supposed to call you.

• parkscout93 my medical was about 5 months ago. I never received a call to do the blood work. But everything else was done.

Comment

• BPAVET ...from personal experience and conversations with multiple applicants, you are not cleared yet. Blood work is not going to be waived as its crucial in determining health issues that may impact your performance. You may have underlying medical issues you never knew of as well that can be addressed before they get worse. Start shooting those emails out because most likely you won't be moving on with the process until medical is CLEARED. GL

Comment

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Piggy backing off of this - is it normal to be cleared and move on in the process without actually receiving “official” notification?

• Anyone hear of applicants making it through the process quickly? I'm getting old over here.

Comment

• So far I applied, and got an interview scheduled. Any tips or advice for what comes next?

Comment

• VAMatt311
            VAMatt311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bueller? Bueller?

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly bro at least a year to a year and a half until on boarding. It sounds like you will be doing the interview and an assessment. If you pass both then you will get an official link to apply. You will then move onto a Tentative Offer Letter.

Then the second half starts. Medical, background, FIT test(s), final offer.

• I have an information session coming up. What can I expect at this? Should I bring copies of my resume? Will they be selecting people to invite to the assessment from the info session pool? Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

• NYC1175
            NYC1175 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got it, thanks! Is there a general timeframe from the information session to getting an interview?

• parkscout93
            parkscout93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wildly different for each applicant. Best advice from this forum is to forget you applied after each step until you get an email for the next step.

• my93rx7tt
            my93rx7tt commented
            Editing a comment
            Anyone getting hired in a year or less or still years?

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did my info session last summer and am post-Medical. Most of my process was pre-COVID. Hate to say it but we may be back in the year(s) range.

• Deleted. I quoted my own post.

Comment

• Anyone know how long a successful interview and exam are good for?

Comment

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              The exam is good for one year, per an info session I attended last Friday. No idea on the interview.

• Finally cleared everything. Waiting for that fit test. Any day now any day..

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              What wave are you again bro?

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              Don I'm a wave 1 guy but hit some HR snafus that threw me to the back of the bus

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotcha. Congrats bro!

• Wondering if the CR has anything to do with the slowdown with HR..
            Last edited by Donjuan85657; 10-14-2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• So the reality is HR is overwhelmed from what most applicants have experienced but take a second and think about where all of these new hires are going....field offices with absolutely nothing to do but get their HR paperwork done and get some OJT. Pretty much acting as an intern until they are summoned to FLEEtec. The problem is the new hires are hanging around these field offices doing absolutely nothing or teleworking acting busy until sent to training. Ask anyone who’s been in the HSI process as well. They’ll tell you they’ve been at home swiping that mouse/keyboard throughout the day acting like they are working until given a fletc date.

So until new classes are set in stone for FLEXI, don’t expect hiring to be like it was pre covid China virus era. Agency’s like the USMS are running out of room and intern like work for these new recruits and that’s the 2018 applicants. Just my .50 cents.

as the internet meme would say....”change my mind”
              Last edited by G-Cobra500-T; 10-14-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
                Donjuan85657 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like you hit the nail on the head.

• Good morning, quick question do the US Marshal’s have peace officer status.

Comment

• parkscout93
                parkscout93 commented
                Editing a comment
                Short answer: it depends.

"Peace officer" is generally a state law term, which would mean it would depend on the state to determine if they were or not. For instance, Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Art. 2.122. SPECIAL INVESTIGATORS states "(a) The following named criminal investigators of the United States shall not be deemed peace officers, but shall have the powers of arrest, search, and seizure under the laws of this state as to felony offenses only:
                (9) Marshals and Deputy Marshals of the United States Marshals Service"

• gmvargas2018
                gmvargas2018 commented
                Editing a comment
                The USMS have greater authority then that of a peace officer. If you read the federal statue that gives USMS authority, you will see how broad their authority is.

United States marshals, deputy marshals and such other officials of the Service as may be designated by the Director, in executing the laws of the United States within a State, may exercise the same powers which a sheriff of the State may exercise in executing the laws thereof. 28 U.S. Code § 566.

They have the same authority as a Sheriff and have federal jurisdiction and authority.

• parkscout93 Thank you for the information.

Comment

• I just received an email that my background was not favorably adjudicated. I'm really not sure why. Pretty shocked and would welcome any recommendations.

Comment

• Njw85
                  Njw85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You mind sharing if you actually met with an investigator before they decided the outcome? Or did you submit the sf86 and just heard that you were not favorable?

Also don’t give up! Keep fighting to get in.

• gmvargas2018
                  gmvargas2018 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you in the federal government? You can also appeal it and request your background investigation report. Do a FOIA request.
                  Lastly, think of what could hinder you.

• Ceann
                  Ceann commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am not a federal employee currently. Njw85, I met with my investigator in February, he said everything looked good, and I received the bad news email yesterday.

• Rsimm750
                  Rsimm750 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You should definitely try to find out why they determined you are not suitable. I also was informed in Sept that I failed the background. After endlessly bugging the contractor at the Office of Security Programs we were able to determine that some other guy with the same first and last name as me failed his background. So yeah the process is full of people and sometime people make mistakes (get lazy) and it results in bad outcomes. Since you actually met with an investigator your situation is different. So as someone has already commented you should request your background using the FOIA process. Also if you still have the contact info of the investigator try and reach out to they person. But basically since you met in February and just got the bad news it’s most likely that someone somewhere that the investigator talked to said you are not trustworthy. That information was noted and you went through the adjudication process. All the notes and peoples responses to questions will be in your background and you can read it all if you do the FOIA. Do it as soon as possible in case there is a chance someone made a mistake you can get back on track soon. One last thing, if your initials are RS and you live in North Jersey please be sure to let them know that you are you and not me. Good luck and Thank you

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4873 users online. 268 members and 4605 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X