Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LanceWhite so are you in the academy now. Also did you apply for the announcement on USA jobs or did you attend an info session?.

Comment

• LanceWhite
      LanceWhite commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a 2018 recent grads hire bound for DC Super Court after FLETC. currently I'm waiting in a local office until a spot at the academy becomes available, which many of us recent grads are currently doing. Some since May...

• are any info sessions coming up before the end of year?

Comment

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      There’s supposed to be one in San Antonio, TX in October
      Last edited by Texan2050; 09-21-2020, 11:01 AM.

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      Two info sessions coming up in NY Eastern District and NY Southern District. Inbox me for details.

• I have heard from three different recruiters that there could be info sessions late this year, but that HQ hasn't approved anything yet. That's the bottleneck with setting up information sessions right now.

I'm going to have to pass over any information session invites at this point. Accepting a USPO position, which I'm excited about. Maybe several years down the road I'll try again, hopefully I'll be more competitive by then. Good luck to everyone else.

Comment

• Has anyone had to update their contact information yet? In hind sight this was not smart but I used my current agency email. Now my agency is about to change domains. So trying to get ahead of the curv . I remember seeing one of the emails about maybe doing it through Hr just wondering if anyone was successful in doing this.

Comment

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to update my address, but don't worry they won't answer either way.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        So true...lol

• Recruiter told me that information sessions potentially happening in late October, 2020.

Comment

• Can anyone clarify for me - I attend a Marshal's info session in December of 2018 in DC. Fast forward 18 months later, I receive an email inviting me to apply. I complete my application and select to only be considered for the GS-7 level as I have a bachelor degree and cyber security experience (non vet nor prior LE experience). They reject my application, tell me I do not qualify as a GS-7 and my app is tossed.

I referenced their website and it states the following: "Must have a bachelor’s degree, three years of qualifying work experience, or a combination of education and experience equivalent to the GL-07 level"

https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/f...hiring_process

Thoughts? Do I have any recourse in this situation?

Comment

• futureFLEO
          futureFLEO commented
          Editing a comment
          This is an OPM decision not a USMS one. You have to make it through the OPM process before USMS even gets your application. Your only recourse is to contact OPM (there’s probably and OPM e-mail in the announcement somewhere) and tell them you believe a mistake has been made.

• Hey is the physical fitness test ran on a track field.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yessir. Did you get your call for a FIT test?

• I've got some movement in my process! Just got contacted to complete the background interview early next week.

Updated timeline:

Schedule B, Wave 3
        Info Session (Hammond, IN): June '19
        Interview: Aug '19
        Apply/Assessment: Sept '19
        Referred: Oct '19
        TOL: Nov '19
        Medical 1 & 2: Jan '20
        Drug Test: Jan '20
        Medical Followup: Apr '20
        E-Quip & Prints: Jul '20
        Background Interview: Oct '20

Comment

• Anyone move past med exam yet for SWB wave 1?

Comment

• Wave 4- damn I didn’t pass the interview.

Comment

• Has anyone to date had any success contacting Medical? If anyone has a phone number they can PM me it would be awesome. I have not been able to get a response via email.
              Last edited by Donjuan85657; 10-05-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• I think most of us wave 4 are in the same boat. I did my medical but they didnt do a blood draw because of covid. Have not heard back. I sent my stuff for background and it said an investigator would contact within x amount of days but we are way over that. I sent 1 unanswered email a month or so ago. I suppose I am.just fingers crossed everything made it where it was suppose to go. The lack of checks and balances in this process is stressful.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
                  Donjuan85657 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank god I am not alone. Was starting to think it was just me.

• Cjnato
                  Cjnato commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am currently in the same boat; however, when I did my medical everything was done that day. I was cleared 04AUG2020, but they said my packet was at QA under review. Wave 4 still waiting for equip email and fit test. You may want to call QTC to see when they are supposed to schedule your next appointment for bloodwork.

• Deleted. Website has been updated.
                Last edited by Ser Oly; 10-06-2020, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm attending a information session later this month down in Texas. Can anyone say what happens at these sessions? Are they just collecting more info? The email stated to only bring an ID and paper to take notes, so I can't imagine it will be very long.

Comment

• BPVAFED
                    BPVAFED commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When and where is this session taking place?

• tx5325
                    tx5325 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was asking a question about content. I'm not sharing specifics about time/place. I believe the slots are full anyways.

• BPVAFED
                    BPVAFED commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fair enough, good luck.

• Michael Scarn
                    Michael Scarn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My only advice is pay attention, wear a suit and tie, and do not get on your phone at all.

• Have any of you who were at the tail end of the process ñ, or at the point of post medical, cleared on medical and moved onto the FIT/background without every getting official confirmation your medical was cleared?

Comment

• Ceann
                    Ceann commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I moved on to background without being told I was cleared by medical. Did the med portion in October '19 and got the background email January '20. Ended up emailing the medical branch, to be safe, a few months after starting background and they responded the same day with the date that I was cleared (which was approximately a month before I got the background email).

• Donjuan85657
                    Donjuan85657 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay cool. I may be in for a long wait then because I have an active and current TS already. Based on the TOL letter, I shouldn’t have to go through a background and just have my clearance reciprocated.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5207 users online. 315 members and 4892 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X