Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m wave 4 and was given an interview date last week. Not sure if thats indicative of movement or a formality; regardless, thankful.

Comment

• HSIApplicant
      HSIApplicant commented
      Editing a comment
      Just the panel

• I_Man
      I_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha, good luck!

• LooterCooter27
      LooterCooter27 commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys are Wave 4 and haven't had your structured interviews yet? That's strange as hell given myself and at least a few others in Wave 5 I know of have had those, medical, and some into background... why would they skip people waiting in Wave 4 and do that stuff for 5?

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am post-medical from Wave 4 but have not heard a thing since July.

• Question for newer DUSM’s - Especially those who came from prior LEO -

How did you guys and gals deal with the initial pay cut coming in as a GL-7? I have read some people taking 30-40K a year pay cuts initially to get in the door. If I am lucky enough - I will be in that range also.

I realize that each district is different, but from your guys experience; is there ways to make up for the gap in pay until we get to the point of making LEAP?

Comment

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, FWIW, there are opportunities for OT. Some districts more than others, but if you're willing to volunteer and jump on details/deployments, you can pick up some healthy OT. Good districts will give you the chance to go before senior 1811s who are already 13s since they know you're hurting for cash and need the extra coin more than they do. Also remember you will get a little bit of OT during the academy as well. I think the average was 3-8 hours per pay period. Not a ton, but it helps. I'm also still in the Army Reserve, so the extra income from that has helped offset the reduced paychecks.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good info brother.

• Bet Wednsday
      Bet Wednsday commented
      Editing a comment
      I was a GS 13 with 25% overtime (similar to leap) and other differentials, and went down to a 7-10 no leap. I effectively took a 85 k pay decrease. While at the academy it was ok, because we got a lot of OT due to 6 day work weeks. But after, its tough. Not going to lie. I even sold the house for some good money and I'm still struggling. The thing you have to do is prepare a good nest egg before getting the job to help supplement the pay. As an 0082 you can get a part time job. Have the wife work. Etc... what I can say though. If you make it to DUSM, life is way better . It just is. So much. I dont care about the money issues.

• Gummertime
      Gummertime commented
      Editing a comment
      I went from a GS 12 to a GL7 10. I was on a TDY when I got the call for USMS. The pay cut sucked. Around 60k plus. Lots of districts don’t issue you overtime , they will use the 1811’s before paying 0082 OT. Work and home life is way better and for me the pay cut for the time being was worth it. Grinding for two years.

• advisors at FLETC have said there are confirmed classes starting in oct,nov,dec, and jan 21. I imagine most of the spots in these classes will be for the remaining May 20 onboards and the recent 100 spots forced through by the end of the fiscal year.

Just thought everyone would want to know.

Also, when you head to FLETC, make damn sure you are in shape. If you think you are, work harder. Your going to need it with this integrated BDUSM.
    USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
    12/10/18- USMS Info Session
    3/25/19- USMS Interview
    4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
    5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
    7/03/19- Received TOL
    8/16/19-Initial Medical
    8/29/19-Completed Medical
    9/19/19-Received E-quip
    9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints
    11/5/19-Background Interview
    01/14/20-Drug Screen Completed
    03/12/20-Phone call with Verbal Offer
    03/20/20-Fit Test

Current USMS TFO

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      Was BDUSM2005 a fully-integrated class, or was it separated into CITP?

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. Hopefully they start sending out registrations for the next oct class soon.

• money_mike
      money_mike commented
      Editing a comment
      2005 was a normal CITP class. There is currently 1 class with 24 students in CITP, and a class of BDUSM Integrated now.

• Bring on the info sessions... please

Comment

• Good morning, can anyone tell me how many DUSM are suppose to be hired. I am currently in wave 4 finished medical and haven’t heard anything from background.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard 8 classes, 50-75 per class for FY21 so I would say at most 600 were budgeted for the FY.

• Thanks for the Info, so what you’re saying is I might have a chance lol.

Comment

• Hey Everyone. Just wanted to share some PT success with you.

Just got back from a 6 mile run which I finished in 48:55, or about an 8:09 mile pace! Might not be too impressive for the experienced runners on here but I'm definitely not one! Back in March of this year I weighed about 230 lbs, squatting and deadlifting both over 500 lbs. While I really liked being strong, I know won't do a whole lot of good down at FLETC. It took a while to let go of that strength for more cardio/muscular endurance because I dedicated the better part of the last 6 years building it up.

Since March, I'm down to 205 lbs and feeling really good. Most of the aches and pains that come with lifting heavy are gone though I've managed to keep some respectable strength numbers by still incorporating some weightlifting 2x/week.. I've leveled off to the upper 300s for squats and deads, which I'm ok with.

But to the guys out there having a hard time giving up the gains they've worked so long and hard for...you WILL begin to feel the same sense of accomplishment from your run times, pull ups, push ups and other endurance exercises that you did from your strength numbers. And you can still maintain a good balance of strength and endurance where you can be proud of both!

Comment

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny timing. I've been talking with a coach from Mountain Tactical (https://mtntactical.com/) today about developing a preparation plan for BDUSM. They already have one of USMS SOG Selection (strangely) but currently no plan to prepare students for FLETC.

What I'd really like is to talk to DUSMs who have been through the course and can expand on the training beyond the popular, "be ready to get smoked a lot."

The more details MTI can be provided, the better a plan they can create for future-DUSMs.

• P_K
          P_K commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate, I was wondering the same thing. I'd bet it's nothing anyone on here hasn't seen before, especially prior military or LE. A lot of reps of push ups, pull ups, flutter kicks, sit ups, burpees, mountain climbers, running etc. At least that's what I'm preparing for!

BTW that's a pretty cool site. After I finish up the program I'm on, I may have to check one of those out.

• VAMatt311
          VAMatt311 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just bought their LE on ramp program and body weight core chassis integrity program. Great programming from them, I used their military athlete operator sessions years ago.

• Hey guys, quick question - I just wrapped up the medical portion, and I have not heard anything back yet. Roughly how long did it take everyone to hear back after their FOH appointment?

Also, could anyone clarify their experience with the color vision requirements? I failed the Ishihara (bubble) test, the only one they gave me; however, I have no problem passing the Farnsworth test and have done so in the past. I was even able to serve on free fall status in the military without issue. Should I expect a DQ? If so, is there a way to appeal?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Three months and counting for me.

• G-Cobra500-T
          G-Cobra500-T commented
          Editing a comment
          Most likely a DQ unless you can qualify under the waiver stipulations if that’s even an option given to you. Also no news is not good news with this process. Send a friendly “hey what’s my status” email after a couple months of no contact. Don’t let anyone say on here otherwise.

• USMS Schedule B WAVE 2
        05/17/2019 - USMS Info Session
        06/27/2019 - USMS Interview
        08/20/2019 - USMS invite to apply online
        09/10/2019 - Referred to USMS.
        09/16/2019 - Received TOL
        10/25/2019 - Initial Medical
        02/24/20 - Received E-quip
        02/28/20 - Completed Fingerprints
        03/13//20 - Drug Screen Completed
        05/11/20 - Background Interview
        09/08/20 - Medical cleared

Comment

• gmvargas2018 so it took you almost a year to clear medical. So did you need a follow up or what happened?. If you don’t mind me asking.

Comment

• gmvargas2018
            gmvargas2018 commented
            Editing a comment
            BPAVET it took a long time because I was out of state for work. I am currently a Federal LEO. So I had to wait until I came back to continue the medical process.

• Almost a year to clear medical! That’s wild!

Comment

• Unless there’s a hiring miracle within the next week, I’ll be awaiting FIT test #3

Comment

• Is anybody getting responses when they inquire about their hiring status? I'm not getting a response from the email address the TOL came from or from the email address I sent the initial background forms to on the TOL? Like zilch...they won't even confirm they received the forms. Its borderline comical.

Comment

• Ceann
                Ceann commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing here either and I've emailed them a few times since the end of July. For what it's worth, I sent my TOL forms in July of '19 and in October of '19, after reaching out like you're doing, they confirmed for some reason they misplaced my email and had me resend them. So while I am sensitive to their probably insane case load, pinging them for a status update seems to be necessary in some instances.

• Has anyone received interview dates for next month?

Comment

• VAMatt311
                VAMatt311 commented
                Editing a comment
                November 19th and 20th. I’m scheduled for next months interview already but haven’t been given instruction on the medical, drug test, or fitness test.

• GOOD NEWS EMAIL!!! Wave 2.
              492 days from info session to start date.

A word of warning to all of us would-be warriors: The position I was offered is nowhere near my hiring region. Be ready for a nation wide possibility.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
                Donjuan85657 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol. I don’t know if to laugh or cry at your comment ATG1729. Congrats normal_guy!

• ATG1729
                ATG1729 commented
                Editing a comment
                747 days for me from app date to start date. Just sayin

• Donjuan85657
                Donjuan85657 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow...just wow.
                Last edited by Donjuan85657; 09-17-2020, 06:53 PM.

• LanceWhite
                LanceWhite commented
                Editing a comment
                923 days for me. I started Monday under the recent grads opening. Bottom line, be patient and stay prepared for multiple FIT tests. I believe I inquired about my status once during this time. They will call or email you out of the blue at the different stages. No rhyme or reason to this process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6634 users online. 347 members and 6287 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X