300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://web.groupme.com/join_group/61956452/LZsl5LsX
    Here’s the group me link for August class people if anyone wants to join.

Comment

• 14 or 17 of us (I believe) wave 1 Schedule B have graduated and become DUSMs. Use this time to prepare. Definitely not like any of the other academies at Glynco. Good luck

Comment

• Mtn hkr
        Mtn hkr commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s PT like? Is it crossfit style or just a lot of running?

• Boylerules
        Boylerules commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you just mean physically prepare? Or something else?

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        To piggy bank off what Weds said, train harder in the area of calisthenics!! Incorporate running as well. The academy is tough physically. A lot of wear and tear on the body. Other than that you’ll be fine. Regardless your going to hurt, it’s just how much you want to hurt!

• Everything. Id focus more on calisthenics than weight lifting though.

Comment

• A little birdie told me if your in the pipeline and already have You background done. You’ll probably be permanently assigned to your local office, based on residence.

Comment

• LooterCooter27
          LooterCooter27 commented
          Editing a comment
          is that SO eh?

• FrankCastle85
          FrankCastle85 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can definitely tell you that's not happening, from personal experience.

You'll be at the local office until you get a FLETC date, but your permanent duty station will be what is offered to you and signed on your FOL. Local, or otherwise.
          Last edited by FrankCastle85; 09-03-2020, 07:43 PM.

• How many processing out of miami

Comment

• I am in the process for Florida.

Comment

• July 2019 - Hiring session in ATL.
            Nov 2019 - Interview
            Feb 2020 - USAjobs invite / online assessment
            April 2020 - TO
            June 2020 - Medical (no labs)
            And radio silence since....

Medical responded to my last email saying they haven't circled back to have people do labs that couldn't do that portion during their original medical appointment. No one from the email that I sent my initial background forms that came with the TO or from the recruitment email will respond. Little unsettling as it takes 0.0002 seconds to say "you're still an active applicant"...just hope no news is good news at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankCastle85 View Post
              I can definitely tell you that's not happening, from personal experience.

You'll be at the local office until you get a FLETC date, but your permanent duty station will be what is offered to you and signed on your FOL. Local, or otherwise.
              Your personal experience doesn’t add up to the memo I read

Comment

• P_K
                P_K commented
                Editing a comment
                If you get assigned to a local office prior to FLETC, what kinds of duties are assigned to you? Admin, operational, training? Just wondering.

• jimmycoughdrops
                jimmycoughdrops commented
                Editing a comment
                I imagine putting folders together, shadowing DUSM like an intern would. No excitement to much of a liability

• Anyone on here for July BDUSM class?

Comment

• Good morning, any wave 4 applicants get a final offer yet or fitness test.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
                  Donjuan85657 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nothing here brother. Haven’t heard anything since medical was completed earlier this past summer.

• Can anyone tell what is the the QA part of the medical.

Comment

• Wave 2.
                  recieved eqip and fingerprints email today

Comment

• Wave 1. Done with everything sans BI. HR snafu. Pending reciprocity.

Comment

• There were talks of the agency needing to hire 100 deputies before the end of the FY. The deadline is in 18 days. Has anyone been contacted or heard of anyone else being contacted under this hiring drive?

Comment

• illini372
                        illini372 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When I received my offer, it sounded like they got those numbers and were trying to onboard everyone by this Monday.

• normal_guy
                        normal_guy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Illini372, I received similar info. The 17th was the deadline I got. But it's not over til it's over. Selections may still be made to replace those who back out. After that, I'm afraid it'll be a bit of a wait 'til things start up again. (Insert personal speculations here.)

• BuffBills123
                        BuffBills123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the info guys

• Has anyone heard anything about Wave 4 picking back up? I think everyone in Wave 4 (Including me) has been stuck in medical. I am hoping the new FY breathes life back into the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5349 users online. 325 members and 5024 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X