Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there still a lot of y’all out there that started the process in Dec18’ and have a current clearance? If so where are you in the process?

Comment

• ThinBlu84
      ThinBlu84 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Cleared 5/20

• GETSOME90
      GETSOME90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. Congratulations brother! I hope myself and the others aren’t too far behind you.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Right here. HR lost all my forms and barely notified me like 2 weeks ago. I had turned them in back in 0ct 2019.

• GETSOME90
      GETSOME90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that’s insane bro! I hope that doesn’t slow Down your app too much. We’re creeping up on 2yrs already man. This will be my 4th fed agency and this is hands down the longest process I’ve been in.

• Post should’ve been reply.
    Last edited by ThinBlu84; 08-22-2020, 09:47 AM. Reason: Should’ve posted a reply instead of a single post.

Comment

• Received my FOL today. Will be reporting to my local station until an academy date is set. Keep checking your e-mails guys and hang in there!

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats bro! What wave are you?

• Metsada65
        Metsada65 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure on the wave, but I began application process around Nov 2018

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Received mine yesterday evening! Wave 1 info session 12/18.....Good luck to everyone else still going strong!

• Sgt0844 Cool to see a lot of people moving along the process even with this whole pandemic thing going. Can’t wait to go to fletc with all of you, I wonder if Sgt0844 has already graduated from fletc, he really helped me throughout this whole process, so just wanted to give a shoutout

Comment

• Do you think someone someday is more competitive for a DUSM position, if they have local/fed law enforcement experience, or active duty military experience? I'm kind of at a juncture now where I could go either way, but not both very easily due to age limits. Have had interviews with local/fed probation, a local sheriff's office, and partway into the USPP hiring process.

Currently enlisted in the National Guard as an intel analyst, but haven't been trained yet due to COVID19. Don't currently qualify for veteran's preference and wouldn't for many years -- but might be able to go active duty instead when I renegotiate my contract. It's kind up of up in the air due to my training dates being pushed multiple times now.
        Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 08-24-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Boylerules
          Boylerules commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you asking which is better, LEO time or AD time? If so, the answer is unequivocally LEO. Without some experience in a certified LEO position (or a criminal justice degree) you couldn't be hired above a GL 5 under this announcement.

• FNG41YR
          FNG41YR commented
          Editing a comment
          It doesn't really matter. USMS hires lots of veterans. You don't need Leo experience to be hired at GL 5. That's entry level.

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, was asking if the LEO or AD time was more helpful to getting hired. Didn't think my current Guard service (especially less than a year in) would really do much to set me apart. Appreciate the responses.

• Hello all. I’ve been following this forum for quite some time but never realized I had an old account. Anyways, I got my final offer letter and start in the district on August 31. Is there anyone else starting in the district that day? If so, we may be in a future academy (possibly October) together. Message me if you’re in the same shoes as me. Thanks all.

Comment

• Has anyone who attended the Atlanta information session in July of last year heard anything back yet? Still haven’t heard anything and would hope someone would be able to provide some insight if I should expect to hear something about an interview soon. Thanks

Comment

• Metsada65
            Metsada65 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats a long time to not hear anything. Have you tried e-mailing them asking what the status is? If i remember correctly i had my info session around late 2018 and the interview was April 2019.

• Update on my timeline. Current Fed LEO w TS/SCI

Info Session (Philly)- 5/17/19
          interview- 6/27/19
          assessment- 8/21/19
          referral- 9/10/19
          TOL- 9/27/19
          Drug Test- 10/28/19
          Medicals (1&2)- 11/6/19 & 11/26/19
          medical clearance- 1/17/20
          equip/fingerprints- 3/2/20
          *silence*
          equip/fingerprints round 2- 8/9/20
          BI- 8/24/20

Comment

• LooterCooter27
            LooterCooter27 commented
            Editing a comment
            They had you fill out eQIP and do fingerprints twice? Any reason given why?

• Finesse
            Finesse commented
            Editing a comment
            Email stated. “Due to unforeseen issues with DCSA, you are requested to complete the forms again OR update previous information included in the system. USMS apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Furthermore, if your fingerprints were completed over 120 days ago, you will be requested to complete them again. USMS HR department has advised that your case is a priority, it is requested that the eQIP submission and prints be completed as soon as possible.“

• beattheodds7051
            beattheodds7051 commented
            Editing a comment
            BI- background investigation or?

• P_K
            P_K commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, that's rough. At least you're moving along again.

• So anyone have any idea when the next application dates will be? Anyone have any info if I meet qualifications and have a chance if i'm not a degree holder just a few credits BUT I do have 4 years active duty in the prior pages and i'm a current state police officer with 2 years on the job. Any info is appreciated

Comment

• ATG1729
            ATG1729 commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll be competitive with military and law enforcement. 4-yr degree would make you more competitive, but is not a deal breaker given what else you have.

• beattheodds7051
            beattheodds7051 commented
            Editing a comment
            cool thanks. Any info on when the next application cycle will begin?

• I received my tentative selection offer for August 2020 academy class Today. My job offer was for San Diego. Awaiting final offer anytime now.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
            Donjuan85657 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s awesome bro! What wave are you?

• Question for those of you that did medical with Federal Occupational Health. Did they call you or you call them to schedule part 2? I did part 1 shortly before I went on a work trip a month ago, but I was never asked to schedule my part 2, so I don’t know who responsible for reaching out to the other party.

Comment

• Boylerules
            Boylerules commented
            Editing a comment
            For me part 1 was blood draw, TB injection, vision and the spirometry test. Part 2 was meeting with the physician for the actual physical and the TB read.

All in December 19, so pre COVID.

• KYpoPo
            KYpoPo commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm, well I couldn’t do the hearing test or the spirometer because of covid. What number did you all call?

• Boylerules
            Boylerules commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to find the FOH near me online. The location was in the TOL, but was ultimately pretty easy to access, as it was located in the federal building. What city are you in?

• KYpoPo
            KYpoPo commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m in Louisville, I’ll look online

• Anyone else get there medical evaluation and not have blood draw due to Covid? Wondering if there will be a follow up appointment just for the draw.

Comment

• wrwnole
            wrwnole commented
            Editing a comment
            Same thing happened to me, no blood drawn. Emailed them last week and medical said they hadn't circled back to schedule folks for follow-up that couldn't get labs done. Sitting, waiting, wishing at this point.

• Has anyone heard about them starting up more info sessions? I’m assuming Covid has slowed all future session to a crawl but would love some insight if y’all have it.

I'm sure you’re all aware recruiters seldom have time to actually return phone calls or emails.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            I called about a dozen different district recruiting officers. I was told that they were all indefinitely postponed, but that some officers were asking HQ for permission to do them early 2021.

• A.C. Ellis
            A.C. Ellis commented
            Editing a comment
            Hearing a possible session in DC some point in sept or Oct. keep your ears open

• tx5325
            tx5325 commented
            Editing a comment
            There's one in TX this month.

• Wave 3/Vet/Former LEO/Top Secret clearance here. Received a Final Offer to my desired location but had to decline. Crazy, I know. Wish there was a chance to defer. Good luck to everyone out there.

Comment

• LooterCooter27
            LooterCooter27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn man, don't know if you'll even see this but that sucks. Do they NOT have any flexibility to defer you at all? Obviously don't know your situation but you'd think if it was something they could work with you on in a reasonable fashion, they'd try? Maybe?

• Email HR and they said there will be a round 2 of interviews in my region coming up soon. Anyone here have any insight on the specifics to when that may be?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5088 users online. 306 members and 4782 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X