Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured I would throw an update out since there are always questions about “How long until..”

Also, I previously had a secret clearance and it was in the system when I filled out the eQIP. I also got out of the military over a year ago, so will see if that makes a difference either way here in the hopefully near future.

Here is my updated timeline:

Wave 3 (started in 2019)

June 19 - information Session

July 09 - interview email

July 11 - interview confirmed email

Aug 12 - interview

Sept 09 - announcement invitation

Sept 17 - application complete email

Oct 02 - referred for hiring

Nov 15 - TOL GL-0082-07

Nov 18 - initial paperwork emailed

Dec 17 - medical email

Jan 3 - medical

Jan 6 - medical follow up

Jan 27 - drug test call and completed

April 1 - additional MRF requested

June 5 - eQIP and fingerprint email

June 23 - final MRF emailed
    Last edited by JB1990; 06-25-2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Wave 2

havent heard anything since clearing medical.

emailed in April and received an email stating my background is still pending completion. However I never received an eqip email

Comment

• Originally posted by Rwmusmc View Post
        Wave 2

havent heard anything since clearing medical.

emailed in April and received an email stating my background is still pending completion. However I never received an eqip email
        Do/did you hold a Top Secret/Tier 5 in the military?

Comment

• Originally posted by illini372 View Post

Do/did you hold a Top Secret/Tier 5 in the military?
          No, just a secret clearance

Comment

• They must be drastically behind on BI's. I was tentatively selected and placed for the May 2020 academy, but then received a call from HR at the end of April stating that I couldn't receive a final offer because my background wasn't completed... making me ineligible for that class. The BI then called me two more times at end of April/Beginning of May with follow-up questions.

Context: Wave 3 - completed BI interview on 3/17.

Hadn't heard anything since beginning of May (BI) until last Friday when I got the "Good News" email about the August 2020 class and was contacted to do my 2nd FIT test this past Tuesday. However, after the FIT, the chief of the local office told me that my BI is STILL "processing".... as are all other ones of the applicants in my district. Clearly my area is behind on BI's, but sounds like other districts are too..... comforting I guess???
            Last edited by BadgerBlood10; 06-26-2020, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Tx21
              Tx21 commented
              Editing a comment
              Willowandrosco I did it by district .... i had never heard about doing it by office within the district... i imagine that would really limit you.... i picked almost all mine from the same region

• Willowandrosco
              Willowandrosco commented
              Editing a comment
              Tx21 thanks for your input., I was just confused since the email stated to list top five “duty stations”...

• Tx21
              Tx21 commented
              Editing a comment
              Willowandrosco ... yea i caught that as well... but i know for a fact some of the offices in the districts i picked have no openings..... so it didnt make sense to select offices individually..... but im gonna be really mad if that was supposed to be the case . Haha

• BadgerBlood10
              BadgerBlood10 commented
              Editing a comment
              @Willowandrosco
              I did it by district. As the other guys mentioned, listing by office would be too limiting, especially given that it was the districts themselves that we were designated to select and rank. I listed and ranked 23 of the 27 districts (in order), 'cause frankly I'm not super picky and it said to list "at least 5".. meaning you could definitely list more than that... I'm open to most locations as long as it means getting in...

• I'm wave 4 in the Panama city Florida area. I got my tol on 4-28. I did my medical on 05-20. I see some of you posting about doing eqip and drug test right around the same time. I searched my email and do not see any recent eqip. I'm a current tfo and did eqip in 2015. Most nerve racking part of this process is feeling like you are missing a step along the way or email/paperwork errors. Anyone who received letters around the same time as me and in the same region have anything different going on?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
              Donjuan85657 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wave 4 here as well in the same region. Got my TOL 4-28 and medical same week as you as well. I have a current TS/SCI clearance and just waiting on a fit test call. It’s been crickets for me also.

• I_Man
              I_Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I am right along with you guys and I haven't heard anything after my medical either so I don't think there's any cause for concern.

• Originally posted by BadgerBlood10 View Post
            Atlantic Coast
            · District of South Carolina
            · Middle North Carolina
            · Eastern North Carolina
            · Western Virginia
            Mid-Atlantic Coast
            · District of New Jersey
            · Southern New York
            Mid-West
            · Northern Illinois
            · Western Wisconsin
            · Northern Ohio
            · Southern Ohio
            North Central
            · District of South Dakota
            · District of Kansas
            · Eastern Missouri
            · Western Missouri
            · Northern Iowa
            New England
            · No locations available
            Northwest
            · No locations available
            South Central
            · Middle Louisiana
            Southeast
            · Northern Alabama
            · Southern Alabama
            · Northern Georgia
            · Middle Georgia
            · Southern Mississippi
            · Middle Tennessee
            Southwest Border
            · Southern California
            · Central California
            · District of Arizona
            · District of New Mexico
            · Southern Texas
            · Western Texas
            · Eastern Texas
            OCONUS
            · No locations available
            I see DC isn't on here. I wonder if they are not hiring much for there anymore or if they're just hiring off the 2018 RG announcement for DC slots because that's the only location we can be considered for..? Either way, its been total radio silence for us on the 2018 RG announcement. I hope we get one more shot before the announcement times out.

Comment

• Nicholas47
              Nicholas47 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it’s safe to assume that their placement considerations are constantly updated based off of needs and recently successful placements of new deputies.

• Any news on schedule B hiring for 2020? And if anyone had any recruiting contact info for Texas that would be great. I’ve called and received nothing back

Comment

• So, I’ve read that some people have phone interviews before receiving a final offer.. Would anyone be so kind to share what kind of questions they ask.? And how long after sending your location preference email do they contact you??

Comment

• Tx21
                Tx21 commented
                Editing a comment
                *deleted***
                Last edited by Tx21; 07-06-2020, 08:17 PM.

• Jowen Weiss
                Jowen Weiss commented
                Editing a comment
                Tx21.. did you ever get a final offer from the district that interview you?

• Tx21
                Tx21 commented
                Editing a comment
                *deleted***
                Last edited by Tx21; 07-06-2020, 08:17 PM.

• Has anyone actually heard of an applicant with a TS/SCI getting a class date/Final offer for this announcement?
              Seems as though people on here getting the good email only have a Secret or none at all.

Comment

• FEDDI
                FEDDI commented
                Editing a comment
                Everyone that has a TS seems to be taking much longer. Myself included.

• Well that’s just splendid...who would think that would make things harder smh.

Comment

• Does anyone have a direct e-mail address to a USMS recruiter? I am having a difficult time getting a phone call back from a recruiter!

Comment

• parkscout93
                  parkscout93 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What area? I have contact info for the recruiters at DC Super and all the New England states buried in my email somewhere.

• Ghoststalker
                  Ghoststalker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It depends what you're asking them and where you are in the process. Based off my experience, there are three (or more for some) different USMS emails given during the process, not to mention individual employees that contact you along the way. One is the initial one given from OPM. The second is from recruitment that schedules your interview. The third is given after your TO.
                  I don't know anyone who has made successful contact with the email given after the TO. However, I have ALWAYS received a reply with the second, recruitment. If you have a specific question about your status AFTER your TO was given (BI, Medical, FIT, etc), then join the club of really anxious and restless applicants who receive nothing back. If this is about upcoming recruitment or updating your wishlist, then USMS recruitment should be able to help. OPM has really nothing to do with the process after you're referred. Anyone more knowledgable about this can provide more info but this has been my experience.

• KS342
                  KS342 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On March 30th I received an email stating I was cleared for my medical. This came after they requested additional information about a injury that happened a couple years ago. I am wave 3 and completed my drug test in January. After March 30th, I had not heard anything. In June I emailed the address given in my medical clearance email. I asked for a status update and got a reply stating they will soon be requesting additional documents for a background check. Hopefully we all will be joining each other in the academy sometime between August and October.

• Any updates from waves 1 and 2 applicants lately in regards to offers/FIT tests/good news emails?

Comment

• FEDhopeful20
                  FEDhopeful20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last edited by FEDhopeful20; 07-06-2020, 12:40 AM. Reason: ...

• Sgt0844
                  Sgt0844 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  good to hear. when did you guys start your background process? trying to gauge a timeline of when to expect movement

• Tx21
                  Tx21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sgt0844 did my E-QIP end of September 2019 and had my background interview around the last week of October.... the meeting with references and my neighbors were all around that same week.... also, i was able to see a credit check was done by DOD that same month on my equifax report

• Sgt0844
                  Sgt0844 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tx21 copy.

• For other nerds out there like me. USMS Schedule B requires prior LEO or military experience. No lawyers or accountants. Sorry. Lmao.

Asked my recruiter if they hire nerds and he laughed and said, no, sorry.

Comment

• Michael Scarn
                  Michael Scarn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m not sure this is true. I am at the end stages of Schedule B process. I only qualified because of my bachelors degree.

• Any wave three folks get a good news email or been contacted for fit test lately?

Comment

• JB1990
                  JB1990 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not yet, eQIP and fingerprints done here.

• BadgerBlood10
                  BadgerBlood10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got the good news email for August and did my second fit test on 6/23

• Mtn hkr
                  Mtn hkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I haven't heard anything since 5/26 when I cleared my medical.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3016 users online. 218 members and 2798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X