300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post

The information sessions for the northwest will take place in between May 6- May 27th. If your interested in the Northwest Region. Contact your local recruiter. Districts are D/OR, NV, N/CA, E/CA. D/HI, D/HI, D/MT, D/UT, D/AK, E/WA, W/WA, and D/ID. Do not delay. Most districts can only take 50 applicants Total
    I mean my POC is the individual was listed as the recruiter on the Us Marshals website for the Oregon District (found via google). He was kind enough to forward me the information after I spoke with him on the phone in April. If my memory serves he wasn't the current recruiting officer, but did do it previously (still listed as the recruiter on US Marshals). Is that sufficient or should I contact the office and obtain the email address for the present recruiter, and bring him or her up to speed?

Comment

Does anyone have knowledge as to what that PT test standards are and what exercises the test consist of?

Comment

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you send me an email address I can send you the PowerPoint slides they sent me that outlines the requirements/standards for the PT tests. It all goes by age. 1.5 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups and sit and reach.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Sending you a message as well Tommy

• CJ_from_the_way
        CJ_from_the_way commented
        Editing a comment
        Message sent Tommy. Thanks.

Anyone go to the Syracuse, PA information session?

Comment

Got multiple emails today. Couple asking for resume and basic info, the other was a formal invite to an info session. Already going to one nearby.

Comment

I live in California, I'm attending an info session in SF. I was also contacted by the Oregon and Washington offices.

Comment

• atm2375
            atm2375 commented
            Editing a comment
            How did you submit your information to be contacted by the OR & WA offices?

• jamesch20
            jamesch20 commented
            Editing a comment
            I went to the Marshals website, and they have a list of emails of recruiters in every region. I emailed the recruiters of the regions I was interested in and they responded.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            atm2375 I called a Marshal (after doing a bit of internet investigative work) at one of the offices that DC told me was hosting a session and introduced myself. He forwarded my information to the recruiting officer and the recruiting officer later emailed me confirmation for the session. If you're serious about the job be persistent.

Has anyone else not heard anything back since the structured interviews back in March? I had my interview on March 20th in Arlington, VA. I emailed and they said I am still an active applicant and that they will email me when the next step in the process begins. But I see that other people have already started the next step?

Comment

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed during that same time, but I am a 2018 regular applicant. I know some other regular applicants, like myself, received TO a couple of weeks ago. Who knows what their thought process is as to how they are processing applicants, especially the schedule B people.

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            A bunch of us who interviewed in the southwest border region received invitations to exclusive job announcements.

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            Checkmate I'm trying to go to southwest as well...but the LA area, did they say anything about that area? or is it all about the border?

• Checkmate
            Checkmate commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't recall hearing anything about LA

Anyone going to the north east information sessions?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I am. They have them in Newark and NYC and other areas.

Anyone know why the change to an info session to begin the process? Isn't all info session material on the internet? Or is that a weed out step?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Switching to Schedule B. I went to an info session for DEA and I'm sure it's something similar. Gets everyone on the same page.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Schedule B let's them know who is serious about getting the job. It limits the amount of applications they would otherwise have to sift through on USA jobs if they were to put out a vacancy.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Also it sounds like these are capped at around 50 per session.

How do I get more info on the philly info session this week?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I've seen with people in your situation, I'd email them asking. A lot of guys say they get hit back with the "you're still an active applicant" response. Email the main recruiting email or your district one directly. I was told by a recruiter in an email attending multiple sessions will not increase your chances.

• PA_Ed
            PA_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            nonotnow, I emailed both Philadelphia's recruiter and the usms.recruitment email address - both responded and told me I am an active applicant. What does that mean exactly? How should I proceed from here

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            La bamba has a great answer to your question. I'm still new to the Fed hiring process. Only been in 6 months lol.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Forget you even applied, Im serious. Let HR do their jobs, they'll notify you when they need you.

Has anyone heard about any other information session besides the ones being held in the Northeast, Northwest ans Southwest Border?

Comment

PA _Ed. I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful as I completely understand your situation as having been there before myself. But what do you mean "How do you proceed?" You just got confirmation from two different offices that you are still an active candidate, yet that doesn't seem good enough? There is literally nothing else for you to do at this point besides wait for the next step and no amount of emails, phone calls, or message board posting is going to speed that up. It probably slows down the process even more with HR having to stop what they're doing to research each candidate's status and reply.

This is the beginning of an incredibly long process. For me from start to final offer it was 1.5 years so you have a long way to go partner. I and others have said this but the best thing you can do is forget you applied until HR reaches out to you regarding the next step. Are you applying for other jobs? If not, you should. USMS are selective as hell (as I am sure you know by know) and their is no guarantee of anything until you get the final offer so I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket if that is in fact what you are doing.

Feel free to private message me. A couple of years from my process isn't that far removed and from what I gathered by the posts the process seems to be relatively similar. Best of luck man.
            Last edited by La_Bamba; 05-15-2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Got some sessions going on this weekend. Good luck and let's us know how it went!

Comment

Does anyone have any insight on the "online assessment" after you pass the SI? I assume it's a written test?

Comment

• Njw85
                  Njw85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just a written exam. Timed. You’ll have to wait a see when/if you pass the interview.

• nonotnow
                  nonotnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. I figured but no one mentioned what it was. Only you'd find out if you passed thr SI like you said.

• NiteLite916
                  NiteLite916 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The online assessment is a timed tests. It isn't anything crazy.

• nonotnow
                  nonotnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. I didnt expect people to tell me exactly what it was but it was vague at the info session.

Has anybody heard back at all after the exclusive announcement and assessment? Also, is there a way to find out what your score was on the online assessment?

Comment

• nonotnow
                  nonotnow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you know what a passing score is?

• Mustang2003
                  Mustang2003 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Redskins3 which email did you email them at?

• Redskins3
                  Redskins3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mustang 2003 I emailed [email protected].

• Njw85
                  Njw85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I bet our scores are added up by now. It’s a machine so I’m sure the results come in after we take them.

I inquired via the recruitment e-mail and got this back:

"Dear Applicant,

We appreciate your continued interest in the United States Marshal Service.
                Currently, all I can tell you is that you are still an active applicant.
                It is imperative that you understand that the applicant process can take up to 12 months to complete.
                We will promptly contact you during the next phase of the application process.
                Thank you for your patience.
                Sincerely,
                Hiring & Recruiting Branch"

I took the assessment in July but couldn't qualify for GL-7 based on lack of education. Hoping to qualify for GL-5.

Comment

• Njw85
                  Njw85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you apply schedule B or is this another announcement?

• Checkmate
                  Checkmate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Schedule B, interview then the exclusive announcement.

If I can figure out out to edit my signature I'll just put the timeline in there...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4369 users online. 175 members and 4194 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X