Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkmate
    commented on 's reply
    I am not a DUSM but a recent graduate answered some of those questions for me about a year ago.

1. 7 total had to leave his class. 2 were recycled due to injuries. 2 were fired for failing use of force and body search exams. 1 quit due to homesickness. 1 was fired the day before graduation because he broke the COVID quarantine policy.

2. I don't know. The Marshal Mile is not a continuous run. You take breaks to do other forms of PT and stop at a DUSM's grave.

3. No idea. I have not seen or heard anything about an obstacle course.

4. There is one Marshal Challenge in the pool. It is a one-and-done event. I was told that weak swimmers are given PFDs.

5. All of the Marshal Challenges (PT events that occur every other week), the PT tests, firearms quals, all written exams, use of force exam, search exam...That is all that I know for sure.

• zoe_csrson
    replied
    I have a few questions about the academy that hopefully someone can answer…

1. what’s the main reason people get sent home?
    2. i can pass the PT fine, but will I get booted for not being able to run the marshal mile (10 miles). i probably can but i’ll be slow. i suck at distance after 3-4 miles.
    3. same for the obstacle course, is that mandatory? not sure what the course consists of to prepare for it beforehand
    4. i noticed last time i was at fletc, they were in the pool, is knowing how to swim another mandatory thing?
    5. what HAS to be completed to pass the academy? i know the marshals academy is tough and that’s fine but i’m not planning on pushing myself to the point of injury. someone tore their ACL & MCL in my last class.

Leave a comment:

• DawgPound77
    commented on 's reply
    I got called out of the blue by the district that selected me. HR never called just emailed after the selection was processed.

• mmyers
    commented on 's reply
    DawgPound77 where you going?

• Dream-Chaser
    commented on 's reply
    That’s awesome!!

• bondman007
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats! Did you get any calls from districts before the HR call?

• LaBr93
    replied
    Congratulations!!

Leave a comment:

• DawgPound77
    replied
    Got my offer call yesterday. Set to attend April academy. Still have to take fit test. I am elated.

Leave a comment:

• Miss_Guided20
    commented on 's reply
    Checkmate … talked to the Chief in my District. Said there is really nothing he can do. But that applicants in the district have failed.

• FNG41YR
    commented on 's reply
    Me. Sent pm

• BuffBills123
    commented on 's reply
    ……………………….
    Last edited by BuffBills123; 03-02-2022, 08:04 PM.

• Checkmate
    commented on 's reply
    Do you not know anybody in a district? You just need them to pick your name/resume.

• BuffBills123
    commented on 's reply
    ………………………………
    Last edited by BuffBills123; 03-03-2022, 03:21 AM.

• Dream-Chaser
    replied
    3 years and never taken a fit test. Not looking good for this guy!

Leave a comment:

• ranger things
    commented on 's reply
    FIT w/ no contact.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1734 users online. 145 members and 1589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X