Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I'm new to the forum, but wanted to share my current time line.

Wave 4
    07/19- info session (Macon GA)
    12/19- Interview
    02/20- invite to apply

Comment

• @DwightKshrute, and EJU716 did you guys start your process in Macon GA as well?

Comment

• EJU716
        EJU716 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes for the Schedule B. I also applied/interviewed under the July 2018 NW Announcement but did have any movement for that announcement.

• DwightKSchrute
        DwightKSchrute commented
        Editing a comment
        No sir started my process in Miami

• Anyone hear anything after attending the information session in Atlanta, GA? Haven’t heard anything after attending in late July. I emailed the recruitment email and all they told me was

“At this time, you are currently active in the recruitment process. We will contact you when we need additional information. We
      thank you for your patience”

Just a bit worried that I haven’t heard anything since July. I’m qualified because I’ve interviewed in the past for the position. Is this common? What wave is this considered? Thank you! Appreciate all insight.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Interviewed in July, never heard anything after that. Got an email from the recruiter I attended the info session last April or May, checking in on people who applied. He looked into my status after I told him, and then told me that you are still in the process until you receive an ineligible email.

• Wave 5 emails just went out

Comment

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what I’m working on this weekend.

• DwightKSchrute
        DwightKSchrute commented
        Editing a comment
        Wave 5 for which step if ya don’t mind me asking?

• FEDDI
        FEDDI commented
        Editing a comment
        DwightKSchrute emails for the invite to apply.

• Info session in GA last year in July, still eligible apparently but nothing since into session.

Comment

• Wave 4 here...Assessments done and submitted. How long has it taken for you guys to be referred generally once your assessments clear?

Comment

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          From the time I completed my assessments to the time I got my TOL was just under 4 weeks.

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome brother. Thank you. Current TS/SCI holder with DOJ...hoping to get through the second half of the process and into a class before end of summer.

• DwightKSchrute
          DwightKSchrute commented
          Editing a comment
          Michael Scarn as the assistant to the regional manager I can say we all truly appreciate the info you provide us with.

That being said Donjuan85657 don’t try and base your timeline off his. I’ve seen timelines on here were it was less than a month from info session to interview another month to application/assessment. It’ll happen brother just remember it’s all a waiting game. So wait in the gym haha haha

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha thank you Dwight.

• Hey can someone tell me what’s the subject line in the TOL email do I can search my email. I’m in wave 4 interviewed in November.

Comment

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          Subject line for me was “Tentative Offer Letter.”

• Has any wave 1 people taken Fit test?

Comment

• Wave 2 got my email saying I cleared medical today. Took my medical in November

Comment

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by Sgt0844; 03-03-2020, 07:53 PM.

• Got my email indicating I failed the interview. Why it took 6 months to notify I don't know. But good luck to all in the waiting pool and I can recommend the FBI as a former failed polygraph applicant.

They had the best process out of the 3 fed agencies I applied to. Start to finish was 6 months. They also covered all travel expenses. I passed interviews for the DEA and FBI but this one apparently couldn't meet the requirements. As they say, 3 strikes and your out. Good luck to all still in the process and be safe!

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
            USMC_UNCW commented
            Editing a comment
            Anything in particular you felt went wrong in the interview?

• SSgtPMO
            SSgtPMO commented
            Editing a comment
            All I can say is the interview was akwardly simple and I do believe I over thought some of the questions.

The email came from USMS recruitment. I question any entity that takes 6 months to send a denial email, but the DEA never sent me one and I asked a recruiter two years later and found out I failed the poly.

I am just over the feds. You show up and watch a get hyped video with hundred others only to get bounced. Not to be bitter, but wasted too many hours of my life on these processes. Time is a valuable thing and irreplaceable. I just think a lot of the processes are pathetic. A 9 year deployed vet, Bachelor's with 3.8gpa with 5 years as a Parole Officer under his belt gets tossed because an interview, polygraph etc. Just a waste.

Now those who have the chance don't be discouraged and the time is a small price to pay for the chance at your dream job, but unfortunately my chances faltered.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            SSgtPMO

Sometimes they're looking for a particular personality type when it comes to panel interviews, this pertains to all employers who conduct interviews in a panel format. I can't speak for USMS (have no idea what their scoring is), but there's been times where I gave simple non detailed answers for a job interview/panel interview and passed it. There was another time where I did a panel interview (non criminal investigator position), gave detailed answers, thought I did really well, and didn't get selected. One thing I can tell you I noticed with my current position since interview was panel esque, is that everyone I work that passed it gets along very well. So my personal opinion about panel interviews is that they are seeing if you would be a good fit, hence why some people pass these with 0 experience.

• USMC_UNCW
            USMC_UNCW commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel you bro.  But don’t give up. I applied and interviewed with the FBI and DEA and didn’t get it. Neither of those did I even make it to the polygraph. This is my second time applying with the Marshals. There are still so many other options. Secret Service, HSI and ICE are on my list. But praying and fingers crossed I get the Marshals.

• Does anyone have any experience with being in a academy with your second choice federal agency and getting called for medical by your first choice agency ? What should you do?

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
            USMC_UNCW commented
            Editing a comment
            A dog was walking with a bone in his mouth. He looked at a reflection in the water of a dog holding a bone and wanted that bone too. He reached to grab the bone and dropped his bone. Now he has no bones.

• DwightKSchrute
            DwightKSchrute commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a Navy friend who now works for a federal agency who told me he got a new student in his class that was 4 weeks away from graduating with another fed agency as an 1811. What you do is try to schedule it so you don’t miss any current training and if offered and willing to extend your stay at FLETC and get a location you’re willing to accept pursue it. Just because a specific agency is your “first choice” doesn’t mean you want it. What if they offer you something like North Dakota?

• Hey can someone tell me how long it takes to get assessment after applying.

Comment

• Sgt0844
            Sgt0844 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by Sgt0844; 03-03-2020, 07:53 PM.

• Well waited forever and had stuff on hold to find out I failed the interview.. Personally think they may have filled the quota for the year lol but hey. good luck everyone Wave 5 applicant, now to wait a year before I try again.

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
            USMC_UNCW commented
            Editing a comment
            Brother that just gives you a year to build on your resume and life experience. Next interview you’ll crush it.

• So I interviewed in November and received the invitation to apply feb 5. Does anyone know if you are no longer eligible if fail the written assessment. I did not finish 3 questions in the time limit. It’s turned in and submit and feel good about the rest of the assessment. I’m just wondering if that means I’m done if it’s no good
          Last edited by Frankhill1823; 02-08-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            If you fail the assessment you have to wait a year to reapply.

• Michael Scarn
            Michael Scarn commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes if you fail then you are no longer eligible. I think you can still pass even with those three questions not answered.

• Does anyone know if the Marshals will reimburse for student loans after being hired? If not, does anyone know what agencies do?

Comment

• parkscout93
            parkscout93 commented
            Editing a comment
            I asked the recruiter when first starting the process, and the answer I got back was “I have not heard anything about USMS student loan repayment for this process. Historically, USMS has not paid for tuition or repaid school loans.”

I suspect no agency advertises student loan repayment right now because they would get flooded with applications for people who are more interested in working a few years to get their loans paid off than to work the job because they want the job.

• FNG41YR
            FNG41YR commented
            Editing a comment
            Some agencies do it but use it as a retainment incentive.

• Redskins3
            Redskins3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the information. I know FBI does. Trying to decide to pay mine off to save the interest or wait in hopes that a agency will!. Thanks for the input

• DwightKSchrute
            DwightKSchrute commented
            Editing a comment
            @redskin3 my recommendation would be pay it off. Outside of the military I wouldn’t depend on an employer for incentives like tuition reimbursement. Save the interest kill the debt. Looks better on a background as well.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5671 users online. 347 members and 5324 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X