Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Wave 5 folks that want to do some FIT practice together, PM me.

Comment

• fedco95
      fedco95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where are you out off?

• Cleared med. Waiting for FIT

Comment

• usmc28
      usmc28 commented
      Editing a comment
      Who did you contact to find out you cleared med?

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      The medical email

• Just out of Curiosity, how does one know that they cleared medical? I have gotten no notifications regarding that subject, I just assume im GTG because its been like 3 months since Ive heard anything about it.
    USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
    12/10/18- USMS Info Session
    3/25/19- USMS Interview
    4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
    5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
    7/03/19- Received TOL
    8/16/19-Initial Medical
    8/29/19-Completed Medical
    9/19/19-Received E-quip
    9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints
    11/5/19-Background Interview
    01/14/20-Drug Screen Completed

Current USMS TFO

Comment

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your TO letter states that in order to take FIT you must be medically cleared, so that’s a pretty good indicator

• NiteLite916
      NiteLite916 commented
      Editing a comment
      Texan2050 I have known of several applicants who have never heard anything about receiving an email about being cleared on medical and same on the background for that matter. I have also known of a few applicants who have received emails stating their medical had been cleared.

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      NiteLite916 is right. 99% of the time you will NOT receive notice of a successful passing of BI and Medical. You will hear one of two things: either they need more info OR you get the "good news" email one day out of the blue.

• Anyone hear anything after attending the information session in Atlanta, GA? Haven’t heard anything after attending in late July. I emailed the recruitment email and all they told me was

“At this time, you are currently active in the recruitment process. We will contact you when we need additional information. We
    thank you for your patience”

Just a bit worried that I haven’t heard anything since July. I’m qualified because I’ve interviewed in the past for the position. Is this common? What wave is this considered? Thank you! Appreciate all insight.

Comment

• I got a DWI conviction 20 years ago. I just interviewed and passed. Moving on to the next phase. Anyone know if that DWI will bar me from securing employment with the marshals?

Comment

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its been a long time... prob not..... especially if you have been in a LE position since then... if im not mistaken all the background question reference the last 7 years...... but that begs question.... how old were you 16? The max age for application is 36 .. so just curious

• fedco95
        fedco95 commented
        Editing a comment
        what wave are you in? I am guessing 20 years ago and no subsequent issues you are fine as long as you list it.

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Glock... I don't think anyone can really say if you'll be DQd because of it. I lean towards you being okay due to the amount of time (as long as your record has stayed clear since then)... My advice is to just keep your head up and worry about it if it comes up. Until then, you're "still an active applicant."

• I’m 41 now. Was 21 when I got that DWI. I currently work for ICE as a deportation officer. Need to make a change. We’ll see what happens. I’ve only interviewed and just got the tentative offer letter. About to submit those forms.

Comment

• Roninjin
        Roninjin commented
        Editing a comment
        Federal background clearance typically gets adjucated based on "the whole character."
        Just be honest and answer the questions accordingly.
        I have seen people with felonies getting Fleo jobs. It all depends on time and what have you done since.

• ChiGuy1980
        ChiGuy1980 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glock why are you leaving ICE? I mean besides the opportunity to become a Marshal.

• FNG41YR
        FNG41YR commented
        Editing a comment
        chiguy because it sucks.

• ChiGuy1980
        ChiGuy1980 commented
        Editing a comment
        What about it sucks FNG41YR

• Had my medical today and got a call for my drug test while I was in the exam room...here's my updated timeline.

Schedule B, Wave 3
      Info Session (Hammond, IN): June '19
      Interview: Aug '19
      Apply/Assessment: Sept '19
      Referred: Oct '19
      TOL: Nov '19
      Medical 1 & 2: Jan '20
      Drug Test: Jan '20

Also, I just have a quick note on PT. I recommend checking out an app called Train Heroic. It's basically a marketplace for all sorts of trainers/organizations offering online training programs. Tons of good programs on there. I currently subscribe to a program called the Barbell WOD by California Strength. It utilizes workouts ranging from about an hour to an hour and a half and focuses on olympic barbell movements (snatch & clean) and strength lifts (squat, deadlift, presses etc.). It's supplemented by some pretty intense super-set circuits and finishes off every workout with pretty legit 10-20 minute cardio/conditioning sessions. So for example my workout today looked like this:

A. Snatch Complex 4x1: 1 Snatch, 1 Snatch Balance, 1 Overhead Squat
      B. 2 Sec. Pause Front Squat 3x2
      C. Bench Press 4x3
      D. Super-set 3 Rounds: 10 weighted pushups, 20 KB swings, 1 min. weighted plank.
      E. Conditioning: 4x400m sprints with 15 KB swings in between.

I get not everyone is in to this type of workout but there's definitely a program on there for everyone. They're pretty cheap too, I pay $17/month for this program. Most I've seen on there range form about $10 - $35 per month. So if you're currently looking for something new check it out!

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone got their background before their medical? Tia

Comment

• tc292834
          tc292834 commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot of people have posted their timelines and it appears as though the medical always comes before the background.

• Peacemaker27
          Peacemaker27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted....
          Last edited by Peacemaker27; 01-28-2020, 10:32 AM.

• Does anyone know how many classes the USMS has filled so far this year and how many are left? Dates for classes?

Comment

• money_mike
          money_mike commented
          Editing a comment
          At this time, the USMS is currently filling an April 2020 class, with an August 2020 class scheduled. There is also negotiation with FLETC to get another 2 additional classes scheduled in the 3rd and 4th quarter of FY20 but this is far from guaranteed.

• Peacemaker27
          Peacemaker27 commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks for the update

• In Wave 2 and hit a wall after completing medical. Anyone else in Wave 2 in same position?

Comment

• Sgt0844
          Sgt0844 commented
          Editing a comment
          *crickets* wave 2 as well

• EternalOptimist
          EternalOptimist commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto- Wave 1, nothing since medical in October.

• Ceann
          Ceann commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got the email to fill out e-qip/fingerprints. I’m a wave 1 guy, did med back in September.

• Sgt0844
          Sgt0844 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ceann well that's encouraging.

• BuffBills123 where in Buffalo are you from ? I’m from Orchard Park ....just received an offer for April Academy class I have decisions to make to say the least.

Comment

• mikedaly50
          mikedaly50 commented
          Editing a comment
          you guys wave 1 and already take the fit?

• tc292834
          tc292834 commented
          Editing a comment
          BPA are you schedule B?

• bpa966
          bpa966 commented
          Editing a comment
          tc292834 no I applied to 2018 announcement, I also have my hat in the ring for ATF schedule B and DSS. USMC_UNCW where is your friend trying to go what did he get ?

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          He said he wants Utah or Oklahoma

• Got the email to start my e-qip as well.
        For those of you that have completed e-qip. I did it 4 years ago for my current agency, therefore I have an account with the website. Should I log into my account and update the information or should I make another account specifically for the USMS? Any Info is appreciated.

Comment

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          I just completed the SF-86 for my 5 year re-investigation at my current agency. From my understanding, once you submit the paperwork you can’t just log back into your account and have access to all the information. I could be wrong. I’m not sure how how it works when completing the SF-86 for a different agency. If you can use the e-quip you already filled out that would save so much time.

Editing a comment
          My experience: you may not be able to login until the agency has sponsored you (doesn't hurt to try), but once you do login you will see a list of your other SF86s, along with the new one you have to fill out for your prospective employer. That new SF86 will load all of the info you have previously input, but you will still have to go screen by screen to validate all of the data (or make updates).
          Michael Scarn even if you submit one SF86 for current employer today, if you get an email, tomorrow, asking you to do a new SF86 for other employer, you still have to go through all of it again. The "easy" part is that all of the data is already there.

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          avatar311 yeah that makes sense.

• Mustang2003
          Mustang2003 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your responses! Turns out you were both right.

• Any wave 1 folks take the FIT or get a location/academy offer yet?

Comment

• mikedaly50
          mikedaly50 commented
          Editing a comment
          negative! I am also wave 1.....crickets!

• money_mike
          money_mike commented
          Editing a comment
          There are a few of wave 1 folks who have actually already gone to academy I believe, but they all held previous TS clearances.

• So I was hoping someone could answer a question that I haven't seemed to find in this thread. When an applicant receives an offer for a location, let's just use the District of New Jersey as an example, how do they determine where you'll actually end up working? It looks like in New Jersey, the District HQ is located in Newark but they also have locations in Camden and Trenton. Once you are offered a district, is there another offer for a specific location within the district? Also, please tell me if this is a stupid question and I'm completely missing something!

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think it’s a stupid question at all. I don’t know this 100% but I’m fairly sure they tell you exact location when given the offer. Maybe someone else has more insight though.

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Mtn hkr is right. When they call you to give you that mythical "verbal offer" they will tell you what office you were selected for in that district. 90% of us that just went through it were not given a choice between two different districts/offices but it does happen.

• P_K
          P_K commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

• Wave 4 check your email got my application invite this afternoon.

Comment

• EJU716
          EJU716 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got the same invite this morning. I'll be asking them to withdraw my name from any further consideration. Got picked up with HSI as a GL 9 Step 10 with LEAP in a desirable location to start. Defintely hard to turn down a DUSM position but it was a no brainer for me just from a financial aspect alone. At least one more spot is open for Y'all. Good luck to everyone in the process. It's a highly sought after position.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12569 users online. 406 members and 12163 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X