Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone that interviewed in November seen any movement or invites to apply yet

Comment

• FEDDI
      FEDDI commented
      Editing a comment
      I know a few guys who interviewed for the 2018 announcement in November got TOLs a few weeks ago. Nothing here from the Nov schedule B interviews tho.

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone mentioned hearing from a birdie that Nov Sched B interview should be hearing something mid January.

• wrwnole
      wrwnole commented
      Editing a comment
      Interviewed in Tampa in November, haven't heard a peep.

• Anyone from Atlanta information session hear anything? Still haven’t heard anything after attending the info session in Atlanta... don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing ...

Comment

• MRAGE10
      MRAGE10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm from the Macon info session. I was told, "they haven't made it to that area yet" from a pretty reliable source.

• wrwnole
      wrwnole commented
      Editing a comment
      I was at the Atlanta info session, interviewed down in Tampa in November but haven't heard anything since.

• Took wave 1, 4 months to hear anything from info session. There was a gov shutdown though, but now HR is dealing with a lot more applicants. So who know. Just sit back and wait. If you dont get a letter saying they will no longer proceed. Assume it's a good thing

Comment

• Finally got my drug screen call today. Completed it. Should be done and just waiting for the good news email with locations(??) and then fit. Im wave 1 out of Dallas info session.
      USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
      12/10/18- USMS Info Session
      3/25/19- USMS Interview
      4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
      5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
      7/03/19- Received TOL
      8/16/19-Initial Medical
      8/29/19-Completed Medical
      9/19/19-Received E-quip
      9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints
      11/5/19-Background Interview
      01/14/20-Drug Screen Completed

Current USMS TFO

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
        USMC_UNCW commented
        Editing a comment
        Exact same boat as you waiting on FIT WAVE 1 out of North Carolina

• Peacemaker27
        Peacemaker27 commented
        Editing a comment
        money_mike is the good news email before the FIT? i've heard different things on whether or not FIT comes first...i'm wave 3, but i'm also just waiting on FIT.

• money_mike
        money_mike commented
        Editing a comment
        peacemaker, I've heard both as well. I guess we should rely on guys like Bet_wednesday. All I know is a guy local to me who is currently in the academy accepted a location offer before taking his fit test.

• Venutis1
        Venutis1 commented
        Editing a comment
        money_mike Peacemaker27 it’s kinda different from class to class. Some people get good news emails before FIT, some don’t and just get a call to schedule FIT. Some people do phone interviews with field offices, some don’t. Some people are last minute fills for dropouts etc. But, you will most certainly get the locations email once you have completed the FIT, usually about two months out from the class date. You’ll know bc everyone and their brother will be posting on the forum that they made it to the next step as it gets closer to the class date. I know it’s discouraging to see other people making movement, complete each step and forget you ever applied is the best advice I received.

• USMS called me today for my drug test.

Comment

• Can someone explain to me how getting employed under the excepted service hiring will affect us after we start the job. From what I understand, we have a longer probationary period. Is that all?

Comment

• FEDDI
          FEDDI commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been hired under excepted service at another agency and the probationary period was the only difference... pretty much all it means is if you really screw up, they can get rid of you more easily.

I’m not sure if excepted service is different with USMS tho.

• Wave 5 TOL received today (1/15/20)

Comment

• Gordo771
          Gordo771 commented
          Editing a comment
          FEDDI when did you receive the invite to apply?

• Frankhill1823
          Frankhill1823 commented
          Editing a comment
          You received invite and tol after interview in November for the marshals? I interviewed in Nov just wondering ... i havent heard a peep

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat as Frankhill. No invite to apply yet.

• MisfitPunisher
          MisfitPunisher commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by MisfitPunisher; 02-06-2020, 01:58 PM.

• I was the guy who started this thread originally.

I'm at FLETC now with a different agency, having turned down the USMS GL-5 starting offer.

All I have to say is, from afar, the USMS academy looks VERY tough.

The USMS students (I think they're called "candidates" here?) all have grim faces most of the time, talking about getting beat and this and that. They seem to have the longest days, too. We get cut loose around 4pm most of the time while the USMS students are filing in the dorms between 5pm-6pm.

The USMS students are by far in the best shape out of all the different agencies here.

Comment

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate what agency did you choose over USMS? Why if you don’t mind me asking.

• Bet Wednsday
          Bet Wednsday commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me guess.... AMO!

• Checkmate
          Checkmate commented
          Editing a comment
          @Bet Wednesday what makes you say that

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Checkmate I just started CITP with the marshals and can absolutely confirm everything you said... LOL. The first three days of pre-bdusm WILL break you if you aren't working out 100% for as long as possible prior to arriving at FLETC.

Your mental game is just as important too... you can be a PT stud and still get broken mentally here. Being honest, there are candidates that weren't as prepared as others here and the Instructors made sure to make examples of them. The best part was seeing everyone... well, most everyone, unite and pull through the worst parts.

• Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
        I was the guy who started this thread originally.

I'm at FLETC now with a different agency, having turned down the USMS GL-5 starting offer.

All I have to say is, from afar, the USMS academy looks VERY tough.

The USMS students (I think they're called "candidates" here?) all have grim faces most of the time, talking about getting beat and this and that. They seem to have the longest days, too. We get cut loose around 4pm most of the time while the USMS students are filing in the dorms between 5pm-6pm.

The USMS students are by far in the best shape out of all the different agencies here.
        At least its consistent. I'm glad its tough!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
          Can someone explain to me how getting employed under the excepted service hiring will affect us after we start the job. From what I understand, we have a longer probationary period. Is that all?
          3 Years probation from the time you start the academy. Prior Federal Service? 3 Years probation as well.

Comment

• Not a lot of action on this thread lately so here's a bit of an update on my timeline for anyone interested. I'll be completing the medical on Monday the 27th. I had a hell of a time scheduling it over the holidays but it's on the books and about to get crossed off my list!

Comment

• DwightKSchrute
              DwightKSchrute commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice congrats man. I think a lot of us are just patiently waiting to hear for our next step in the process. I am primarily speaking on behalf of the people who interviewed in Nov-Dec timeframe.

• P_K
              P_K commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah man, I'll bet not lot a whole lot of movement goes on during that time. I'm sure it'll pick back up now...my timeline has been pretty consistent across the board between steps, around 30-45 days. Looks like most other's have as well.

• still no word interviewed in november. I did reach out got the email stating im still active applicant please be patient. I understand its a waiting game. Im only stating for others that interviewed same timeframe I to have not heard anything. there is someone in the thread that interviewed the same timeframe and received tol.

Comment

• FEDDI
              FEDDI commented
              Editing a comment
              Frankhill1823 I believe I’m that guy haha. This is just my thought, so take it for what it’s worth, but... since we know they processed that batch of interviews (i interviewed after you and got the TOL) the fact that they told you you’re still an active applicant makes me believe you passed. If you failed, I would assume you would no longer be an active applicant.

• I received a tentative offer today, however it was not for the information session that I attended in July. It was for the nation wide opening from July 2018. I work as a USMS CSO and asked the marshals at my courthouse if anyone from the information session that interview received any word yet. They told me none of the guys they knew heard anything yet. I did do my interview on November 4th but it was for both the schedule b hiring and the nation wide hiring from 2018.

Comment

• money_mike
              money_mike commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats man! Did they just offer you a location or did they give you a tentative date for an academy?

• Wave 3 here patiently waiting to hear back from his interview on August 22nd 2019... You guys are so cute. All eager and jumpy. Best advice. Forget you applied. No news is kinda good news. Haha good luck to all. Especially those in the dark after the interview.

Comment

• osviusmc
              osviusmc commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here... Interviewed on April 2018 and still radio silence. I contacted HR and they stated I'm an active applicant. So yeah, forget you applied is great advise.
              Former LEO
              Former USMC

• Money_mike,
            the tentative offers do not offer you a location or an academy date. They are basically a way of telling you that you are qualified to move along in the process. Applicants generally won’t see location choices until they are done with the medical, background and PT parts of the application process. Even once you complete all of that, there could be a wait. One of the deputies in my district said he completed everything and still waited 5 months for a location and a academy date. So because it took so long after completing his fitness test, he actually had to take another one because the first one expired.

Comment

• money_mike
              money_mike commented
              Editing a comment
              My mistake. When you say Tentative offer, you mean TOL?

When I read your post, I assumed that it was a final offer after you had completed your medical, background, etc.

I am one of those applicants that has completed everything in the schedule B and am waiting on an email for final offer (fingers crossed).

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14147 users online. 431 members and 13716 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X