• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard anything for Wave 4?

Comment

• DwightKSchrute
      DwightKSchrute commented
      Editing a comment
      The best way to look at it is it's gunna take as long as it takes. I'm wave 4 too and as much as I'd love to get invited to the next step just focus on your PT and being as prepared as possible. Remember until you're told you're no longer a candidate you're a candidate. So stay positive brother

• Donjuan85657
      Donjuan85657 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wisdom at its finest. You are right brother. Just trying to keep a thumb on timeframes is all. No rush on my end. More so just keeping track.

• Donjuan85657 the last I heard was we might hear something the middle of January.

Comment

• After reading all the posts/ banter regarding PT and being ready I’m finally going to comment.

Some of yall are taking this PT stuff and putting it on a pedestal..... PT is PT.... I have been through Military PT, Firefighting PT, Police Academy PT, and grueling fight camps for MMA and Jiu Jitsu. Got my butt handed to me by 3 UFC fighters and trained with D1 athletes.

And nothing .... i mean nothing.. compares to the Two-a-Day training i had in high school when I was a young Whipper Snapper with out all these aches and injuries. I used to throw up every day after all the conditioning. I remember lifting weights with so much intensity I would puke.

My Police Academy PT was led by a high level Spartan Champion that ranked in the nation... the man was a little over 40 and an absolute beast when it came to PT. He definitely pushed me to puke a couple of times. But even with all that PT we had everyone was able to pass it... in fact, we had 12 out of 32 people fail put because of academic reasons and 0 for PT.

Dont get me wrong, you need to be in shape, and you need to WANT to be in shape for this job ....and absolutely for the academy. But being a navy seal or ranger wont make you a better Deputy Marshal. It may make the academy easier, but I would stress less about PT and focus more on getting your mind right for leaving any family, getting things ready for when you leave, and the academic stress coming up that you may be unfamiliar with.

I was never worried about passing a run.... your body will adjust with all the continued stress... it has to.... its science... YOU WILL GET BETTER!!!! But being given the TX Penal Code to study and then a 200 question test after 5 days of studying is very stressful. If you failed the test the first time (less than 75) you got a chance to retake it, but had to make above an 85 to pass. Grown men left crying... we had a 60 year old man that got hired on as a Constable who had retired from NASA as a DOCTOR. He would do all the physicals and stuff for the pilots. He left not bc of the PT... BUT
    bc of the academics.

If you meet the minimum FIT requirements for the academy and stay in shape until FLETC start date.... then you will be fine. Everyone wants to go in the best. But thats unrealistic. Go to FLETC in shape and you will gradually progress and leave in even better shape. Just my 2 cents... long post so probably more like $1.50.

Comment

• Michael Scarn
      Michael Scarn commented
      Editing a comment
      Well well said.

Editing a comment
      Don't feel comfortable for one second being in the minimum category. Fitness/heart is the only thing you can try to control and are expected to bring, everything else will be taught.

If you want to gamble/theorize that going "in the best is..unrealistic" then good luck to you and the guy/gal to your left and right. To everyone else I hope you put yourselves in the best possible position to succeed.

• Tx21
      Tx21 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you misinterpreted what i wrote avatar311 ...going in “YOUR” best is not unrealistic.... but going in “THE” best is.... at least for the majority. There is an applicant in the 2018 announcement who very recently was a D1 athlete and still in great shape... its unrealistic for me to think ill be at his level in the next month or two....But i can be at MY best level.

And you are right. Applicants should be putting themselves in the best possible position to succeed. This will arguably be the toughest PT regime most have gone through. But it shouldnt be anything people should be losing sleep over. If you are at the minimum now, bust your butt to get even better. And if you are not at the minimum, try your hardest to get there and then some.

Im in pretty good shape now. But for the last 10 years my cardio was strictly Weightlifting supersets and long rounds of Jiu Jitsu ... gauntlet style.......good enough to have a low 50s resting hear rate. But i didnt start running until the beginning of 2019 .. and didnt take it seriously until about after summer. I could literally count the number of miles on 1 hand that i ran the years prior.

Im in the superior category for everything else.....but Its unrealistic for me to think im going to excel at running. And for the vast majority it seems like that may be the same case.

Editing a comment
      Understood Tx21. Good luck to you guys in Schedule B, hopefully it moves faster for you guys then it did for 2017 applicants(2018 seemed to move faster).

• We must also be careful with injuries, the last thing you want to do is hurt yourself before the Fit test or the academy. I would say try your best and pass the fit. Don’t overwork your body to the point of injury.

Comment

• quick_turn
      quick_turn commented
      Editing a comment
      Heard that. As one of my good friends and told me, “If you don’t have time to warm up and stretch, you don’t have time to run/workout. It’s all about the long game.”

• Deputy Keyboard Marshals,

Quit typing and just do some PT!

Comment

• After talking with some other guys and a few posting it on here, we made a groupme chat to talk about FIT and FLETC fitness prep. It's meant to help each other share workouts or tips. Shoot me a message and I will send you the groupme link invite.

Just trying to keep the focus and momentum up while we wait.

Comment

• Wave 3. Was called for my drug test today. Went in and knocked it out already. Also completed part 1 of my medical today.

Comment

• I'm amused and alarmed at the same time of some of the talk going on here. You guys are completely over thinking one aspect of the academy (PT) and completely under thinking other just as critical parts of training.

Don't think for 2 seconds that you won't be booted from CITP or the add on for regularly capping innocent little Suzy during the role playing scenarios because you didn't think. You absolutely have a facet of decision making role playing exercises that decide whether you graduate or not. If you can't coherently and reasonably explain why you put 2 rounds in Suzy's chest you will not pass what I think is the most critical part of CITP, Use of Force. In the age of cellphone videos you better dang well be able to articulate why you used force. Ask any one of the FLETC instructors to tell you their best "why did you shoot" stories by students. Its hilarious and scary at the same time.

I get it though, USMS has conditioned folks to think running fast makes great Marshals and Special Agents but the reality in the actual field is different. If you're a dumb a** who consistently makes poor decisions and puts everyone at risk but run a 10 min 1.5 mile don't fall into the trap of thinking your physical fitness level or PT test is going to make people forget that. No one is going to want to work with you let alone do high risk operations. My point is fitness is important in this line of work no matter the agency but don't fall into the trap of thinking its THEE most important thing because its not.

Like some one else said run your own race, make smart decisions, and look out for each other as best you can because you never know who you're going to work with down the road and reputations in small agencies follow people (and no I am not saying you are obligated to PT with someone who is struggling). These rules can be applied to any 1811 shop not just mine or USMS.
          Last edited by La_Bamba; 01-08-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! Those use of force scenarios are no joke.

• Sounds like RG have some movement on good news emails for an April academy. Have any of you from Schedule B heard anything?

Comment

• tc292834
            tc292834 commented
            Editing a comment
            RG? Can you elaborate, disregard I figured it out, RG= recent graduate. No email on my end.
            Last edited by tc292834; 01-08-2020, 08:28 PM.

• For those that have academy start dates/locations, will I get a phone call or email with a date before my FIT test or after? Since the FIT has to be completed within 90 days from the academy start date, I would imagine you would get an academy date before you take your FIT, but I might be wrong.

Comment

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            First, you generally won't know the class date until you get to the locations selection part of the process. Although, I'm not sure how it will work with RG (DC/PR) folks. I am fairly certain that HR has a date for the class, but applicants are not informed until later in the process (about 60 days out). With my class, I was told the date when I received the locations email... but your mileage may vary.

I do know that a class date is NOT required for you to take your FIT... so expect to take the FIT, wait a few days/weeks, then hear more.

I would say that applicants who take the FIT in the coming days/weeks will get class dates/info by the end of the month... if it resembles my timeline at all.

• I heard from a source that Wave 4 and 5 will be hearing aiming by mid January.

Comment

• Does anyone know when they will start up the information session again?

Comment

• Does anyone know what “wave” the people who interviewed in Nov-Dec 19 would be considered to be?
              I am from the 2018 announcement but had to defer my interview offer in 2018 due to being in a school for another agency, I interviewed this December and am wondering if I may be being processed with the shedule B applicants now that were there.

Comment

• Sgt0844
                Sgt0844 commented
                Editing a comment
                Who knows at this point. I was assuming April Academy for waves 1-2 but now going by the newer rumors it may not be till August which will be fun in Georgia....
                Last edited by Sgt0844; 01-10-2020, 12:35 PM.

• Bet Wednsday
                Bet Wednsday commented
                Editing a comment
                tc292834 they are in various parts of the application process

• tc292834
                tc292834 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sgt0844 what’s the rumor makes you think the wave 1 and 2 applicants will be in an august class?

• Sgt0844
                Sgt0844 commented
                Editing a comment
                tc292834 check out post #655 on this forum

• The probation doesn’t matter to me, I’m wondering if the 3 year probation is due to schedule B being excepted service?

Comment

• Bet Wednsday
                Bet Wednsday commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, that is the reason

• Seeing some movement on 2018 (NW & RG). Any wave 1/2/3 hear back on their medical, asked to submit equip, or meet with an investigator?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13498 users online. 412 members and 13086 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X