June 19 - Info session
    Aug 12 - Interview (Denver)
    Sept 09 - Invite to apply
    Oct 02 - Referred for hiring
    Nov 18 - TOL
    Dec 18 - Medical scheduled
    Jan 3 - Med 1
    Jan 6 - Med 2

Current LEO, bachelors degree, former mil with secret clearance (renewed 3 years ago)

Comment

• I gotta unsub from this schedule B thread.. your timelines are moving crazy fast compared to how mine went LOL. It seems like it takes forever, but it really does go by quickly. Hang in there everyone, in the meantime keep working out and you'll make it through the slog!

Comment

• Did anyone here who interviewed in November get an invite to apply yet?

Comment

• Donjuan85657
          Donjuan85657 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing for me yet. I’m assuming it’s the holidays. Now that the budget is signed, I think things will speed up for all of us after the New Year.

• Frankhill1823
          Frankhill1823 commented
          Editing a comment
          I interviewed in November still no word... agree the holidays and budget signings play into it

• DwightKSchrute
          DwightKSchrute commented
          Editing a comment
          Same info session July 31st interviewed Nov 5th I agree that probably 2nd to 3rd week of January

Vet, bachelors degree, Fed LEO last 4 years.

• wrwnole
          wrwnole commented
          Editing a comment
          I emailed today asking if there would be pass/fail interview notifications sent out and all they said was "At this time, you are currently active in the recruitment process. We cannot disclose the results of your interview at this time. We will contact you we need additional information. We thank you for your patience."

• Any wave 3 people do their FIT test yet?

Comment

• Tx21
          Tx21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup to everything posted....... completed my BI interview at the end of October... havent heard anything since then..... just waiting on FIT

• EternalOptimist
          EternalOptimist commented
          Editing a comment
          Wave 1, current fed, and no fit test. I haven’t heard anything since completing my medical in October. I think it’s going to be a bit of a wait, but hopefully after the holiday it’ll move a bit faster since the budget has been passed now.

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wave 1, no prior federal employment. Heading to the next academy.

• USMC_UNCW
          USMC_UNCW commented
          Editing a comment
          Wave 1 just waiting on FIT

• Is anyone in the same boat as me? Havent heard anything in a while just waiting to do my background and fit test.

Current timeline
        nov 18 information session phoenix
        march 19 interview
        May 19 referred
        July 19 TOL
        Sep 19 drug test
        Oct 19 medical completed

Comment

• EternalOptimist
          EternalOptimist commented
          Editing a comment
          I am pretty much in the same exact timeline. Though I believe my clearance will transfer over, so hopefully I just need the fit.

• Ceann
          Ceann commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve got the same timeline as well. My secret clearance reinvestigation was just adjudicated in mid December so I’m hoping that’ll at least save me some time once they start my BI.

• Anyone know when the next information session will be?

Comment

• Happy New Year future Deputy US Marshals, can someone please explain the runtimes for the 30-39 age range.

Comment

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            You have 12:51 to complete 1.5 miles.

• Aseyesee
            Aseyesee commented
            Editing a comment
            It also says 12:21-13:36 is fair...but the minimum is 12:51? How can one score in the fair category but in essence fail going pass 12:51 mark? Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly?

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            Aseyesee It is confusing and that weird discrepancy has been talked about a lot in some of these forums. The only thing you need to know is that the minimum score (12:51 in this case) is the only thing you need to worry about... well, besides doing your best!

• Thanks, how does it work with the Bi annual test.

Comment

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            I might be misunderstanding you... but that minimum time of 12:51 never changes... and you have to do it twice a year. Does that answer your question?

I also feel obligated to say that you should never shoot to be just passing. The final location selection process is super competitive, more so than the initial application/interview process even...

• Ok got it, thank you just need to work on my cardio.

Comment

• tc292834
            tc292834 commented
            Editing a comment
            As the possibility of a FIT test looms, just think what would David Goggins do.

• Lol not everybody is built to be a Navy Seal.

Comment

• Michael Scarn
            Michael Scarn commented
            Editing a comment
            If they had a class in April then didn’t have another class until August then that would leave two months for 3 academy classes.

• Tx21
            Tx21 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ll throw in my 2 cents to add for speculation.... my intel is straight from the recruiter and two other 13s.... they were asked to be advisors for upcoming classes.....There was supposed to be another class scheduled for the VERY end of January... or beginning of February....... and then not another until April....... the April class is supposed to be the very 1st class with the new schedule.

I’ve also been told by another applicant that those dates are probably for the BDUSM portion.... and that is very likely...... but if that’s the case it means that the recruiters and high ranking Deputies are just as much out of the loop as us..... because they are saying it like those are the FLETC start dates and to be ready.
            Last edited by Tx21; 01-01-2020, 11:11 PM.

• tc292834
            tc292834 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do they run more than one CITP class at a time or is it one CITP and one BDUSM class? Just trying to figure out if there's a theory to all this speculation of when classes start / end.

• beauonly
            beauonly commented
            Editing a comment
            quick_turn I have no idea why they got passed over and can't really speculate... I can say, however that they weren't any less qualified than others in this forum. Could be that their wish list locations were always looking for a specific candidate... who knows.

tc292834 They ran two CITP classes in September of last year, although they were offset by a week or two. Im pretty sure that was so that they could get as many people squeezed into FY19 as they could.

• Originally posted by Aseyesee View Post
          It also says 12:21-13:36 is fair...but the minimum is 12:51? How can one score in the fair category but in essence fail going pass 12:51 mark? Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly?
          Minimum is what you need in the academy. Once operational - that is when you get look at the fair category.

Comment

• Aseyesee
            Aseyesee commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes sense! Thank you!

• Thought I'd throw my timeline out there.

Military, TS/Tier 5, Local LEO, BA

Info Session: June 26
          Interview (D.C.): August 5
          Invite to Apply: Sep 10
          Referral: Oct 2
          Tentative Offer: Nov 7
          Medical: Feb 3

Comment

• Originally posted by BPAVET View Post
            Lol not everybody is built to be a Navy Seal.
            For FLETC (I'm not referring to CITP): you don't need to be built like a Seal BUT for your own good, and that of everyone else's in your class, aim for the "excellent" range of the PEB standards table/20-29 year old age group or you will not have a "good time" there...

Even the fittest (sub 9min run time) guys are challenged by the physical events here...

Comment

• quick_turn
              quick_turn commented
              Editing a comment
              RobPA4 and avatar311 why are the standards for men and women so vastly different? It’s 2:00+ slower for women and 20+ less pushups. How does that play out at FLETC?

• quick_turn
              quick_turn commented
              Editing a comment
              RobPA4 just read your below comment and saw what your background is; disregard question.
              Last edited by quick_turn; 01-03-2020, 11:26 AM.

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              @RobPA

Amen bro

Editing a comment
              @quick_turn
              I can't really comment on specifics. What I can say is that
              you are expected to try even when you don't think you can go anymore, regardless of your gender.

• RobPA4 What sucks is all of the sub-performers who show up, fail, and waste spots that could gone to capable men/women. I’ll never understand two things:

1) How someone can know exactly what they’re getting into, and still show up unprepared.

2) How law enforcement culture allows anyone to tell themselves that it’s ok to not be in shape.

Being a good police officer, DUSM, etc. requires you to be physically prepared to save lives. It’s a minimum requirement. You can be in shape and still suck at your job, but no one has ever died because their partner sucked at writing reports.
            Last edited by Nicholas47; 01-02-2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
              Levithane. You can have expectations of people that you will work with, it doesn't mean that you won't be able to treat the general public with respect.

Being a current/former operator (I can only imagine since I'm not one or have not been one) will give you an idea of what it is like to be part of a team where one person might not be pulling their weight. And you don't need to have been in SF to know this, it can happen anywhere. When you have been in a position where you are carrying someone's weight, either because that person has not put in the required work or because they don't have the heart to, then you will understand where RobPA4 was coming from.

The difference between other jobs and LE is that this is not the environment for "inclusiveness", there are standards for a reason. Yes, physical fitness is only half the battle, BUT it is the 25m target while in training and if you can't hack it then you are dragging everyone else with you/taking the spot of someone who may have been better prepared.
              Last edited by avatar311; 01-04-2020, 05:53 PM.

• RobPA4
              RobPA4 commented
              Editing a comment
              avatar311 This is exactly where I was coming from. Not sure if I came off as uncompassionate or what it was, but I have seen this exact thing happen with operators who let themselves go. I'm not trying to demean or hurt anyone's feelings, but sometimes this is what is needed to get the job done. I was, however, specifically referencing the people I would be working with in the future. If somebody is suffering from a domestic violence issue, or physically injured from a horrific situation, I'm not going to stand there and state to them they are weak and need to put more effort into their mental toughness. Alternatively, I don't accept excuses from those I am working with because our physical fitness is a result of our own doing, and other people's lives depend on that.

This "inclusivity" that has spilled into LE work and the conventional military is what makes me apprehensive about getting into LE. This is all anecdotal information from myself, but it is how I prefer to work and I'm thankful some can still understand that.

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              This is the last time I will comment on this topic.

USMS makes the hiring decisions, the people you will work with if you are given the opportunity have ultimately passed the qualifications needed for the job. Should people be in the best shape possible for the job? Yes absolutely, although people will still struggle with certain forms of PT regardless. The point I am making is that those of you who are offered the opportunity, it is YOUR JOB to assist your fellow classmates, just as it is your classmates job to assist you. This includes assisting those who struggle with PT, because you may be the one who needs help with academics. It is also your job not to create a poor working, and have respect for your classmates.

avatar311 There is nothing in my post suggesting the topic of "inclusiveness", yes there are standards and USMS makes the hiring decisions. Ultimately the people who are hired have passed the standards that USMS has put into place. The reason I brought up treatment of the public in relation to this is because I am sure many of you have observed poor conduct among co-workers in the workplace (regardless of profession), correlate into poor treatment towards the public.
              Last edited by Levithane; 01-06-2020, 03:58 PM. Reason: added a word (grammar)

• RobPA4
              RobPA4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Levithane Everything you just stated is debatable, to say the least. It is NOT my job to assist my classmates, who showed up unprepared. Yet, you declare that as if it is a fact.

Some of us have a different mentality. As I stated before, some of you won't admit you are wrong or can't except diversity in your thought process. This is a mostly subjective interpretation, but I stand by my reasoning for not wanting to be at someones beck and call when they fall behind because of lack of preparation. Completely their own doing.

This has become a circular argument, so yes, this should be ended.

• For those that are striving for that bare minimum passing standard and need to develop that goggins mentality #stayhard https://youtu.be/-JMAgzKvlIY

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12899 users online. 377 members and 12522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X