Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just made my appointment for medical. Soonest they had was the end of January. This process is moving right along. Here's my timeline:

Wave 3
    Info session: June 19, 2019 (Midwest)
    Interview: August 14, 2019 (Denver)
    Invitation for Assessment: September 9, 2019
    Referral: October 2, 2019
    TOL(GL-7): November 15, 2019
    Medical contact: December 17, 2019
    Medical and follow up: January 29 and 31, 2020

Comment

• I received information from a source today that indicated the Jan 2020 class is full. The next class will be sometime between Feb-April 2020. I am sure that a few will still be receiving calls for the Jan 2020 class but it is tentatively full.

Comment

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Another class at the end of Jan. ... and not another until April ........the 2nd january class could always be pushed to February though

• Texan2050
        Texan2050 commented
        Editing a comment
        Technically Jan 22 is the tail end of January. So they’re planning 2 classes in January then?

• Tx21
        Tx21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Texan2050 yes... the info was for a date and academy completely separate from the Jan 22 class..... but you know how the gov is, that can change.

• Sgt0844
        Sgt0844 commented
        Editing a comment
        heard same as well feb another class or 2...

• Good evening, has anybody from wave 4 received an invite to apply.

Comment

• FEDDI
        FEDDI commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven’t seen anyone from 4 or 5. When did wave 4 interview?

• Gordo771
        Gordo771 commented
        Editing a comment
        BPAVET I interviewed on Nov 18, and haven’t heard anything. From the timelines I’ve seen on the thread I’d say it won’t be till the second week of January. According to my email the last date open for interviews was December 13th.

• The dates ranged from November 3rd until the 18th.

Comment

• Gordo771 Thanks for the Info, where did you interview. I interviewed in Tampa, Fl.

Comment

• wrwnole
          wrwnole commented
          Editing a comment
          You haven't heard anything since interviewing in Tampa? Just curious b/c neither have i other than this generic response from USMSrecruitment: "At this time, you are currently active in the recruitment process. We cannot disclose the results of your interview at this time. We will contact you we need additional information. We thank you for your patience."

• BPAVET I interviewed in Boston. Hoping to hear something back soon.

Comment

• For those that completed the medical, did you have to take a copy of your immunization records? Did anyone not have it and was that a problem? Do they expect you to have certain immunizations?

Comment

• Pbjecho1
            Pbjecho1 commented
            Editing a comment
            They asked for immunization records on mine, it's a requirement check mark in the file they had

• Mtn hkr
            Mtn hkr commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks everyone! I’ve schedule an appointment with my doctor to get a tetanus shot since it’s probably been a dozen years or more since my last. I don’t even know if that’s a thing people do after college (if not in the military), but I figure it can’t hurt to have. Other than that I don’t think it’ll be an issue.

• Michael Scarn
            Michael Scarn commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn’t take mine and also not a problem.

• Peacemaker27
            Peacemaker27 commented
            Editing a comment
            For what its worth, they required me to take a copy of my records. I would contact the clinic and ask them if its mandatory for you. They didn't ask about specific immunizations, but then again my job requires me to have everything under the sun.

• Gordo771 we should be seeing some movement once the 2020 budget is signed. So like you said 2 weeks into January.

Comment

• Lunytunezpr
            Lunytunezpr commented
            Editing a comment
            Wasn’t the DOJ budget already signed in September?

• Lunytunezpr I thought it was a continuing resolution, until the actual budget. But I could be wrong.

Comment

• Texan2050
            Texan2050 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, you’re right. DUSM told me a couple hours ago that they are still “under continued resolution for the 2020 budget”

• From what I heard it should be signed off on today. So after the holidays. The hiring process should start moving along.

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            President still has to sign it I believe. Will probably happen unless theres something egregious that was also include in the spending bill.

• quick_turn
            quick_turn commented
            Editing a comment
            I never thought the future of my career would hinge on a budget approval. Cutting it close here in 2020. I need to get a class slot in 2020 because I'm close to aging out. Prayers said and patience is practiced. (Wave 2 here).

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            @quick_turn

Welcome to dealing with the Federal government. To put it into perspective myself and many of my co-workers have not gotten a lot of case work from DCSA, this has resulted in a "furlough" on the contractor side. The budget issue for the past few months is what has been a central contributing factor, combined with other things. If you get the USMS job be prepared to deal with shutdowns, budget cuts, and various forms of political nonsense.

• quick_turn
            quick_turn commented
            Editing a comment
            Levithane yeah, I’m starting to realize that. Thankful the budget just passed. Ready to get this show on the road and get a class slot in 2020.

• Budget was passed, and almost all federal employees will get a 3.1 % pay increase.

Comment

• Completed medical this past week, waiting on drug test (Wave 3). Did anyone receive their eqip stuff after their medical? Wondering if they accepted my current clearance....

Comment

• Michael Scarn
              Michael Scarn commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m wave 2 with a current clearance. I haven’t heard anything about it. I completed drug test and medical 6 weeks ago.

• If you have a tier 5 bg, they should accept it. You won't hear anything. You'll just get a call for FIT. My bg was a little over 2 years old if that helps.

Comment

• Might be to early to ask, or even ask at all, but has anyone heard anything of when the USMS will have another hiring process?

Comment

• Bet Wednsday
                Bet Wednsday commented
                Editing a comment
                I had heard might be info sessions in jan or feb

• ZM Smith
                ZM Smith commented
                Editing a comment
                Any idea where those info sessions are going to be held? Do they post that information on their website or where is the best place to keep track of that sort of info?

• Bet Wednsday
                Bet Wednsday commented
                Editing a comment
                Look up your areas Recruiter and ask them to keep you in mind.

• Any idea where those info sessions are going to be held? Do they post that information on their website or where is the best place to keep track of that sort of info?

Comment

• Michael Scarn
                Michael Scarn commented
                Editing a comment
                I heard about my information session from a Deputy I know. I think a lot of people contacted recruiters. I would say contact recruiters from different offices. The recruiters should hopefully contact you when they have an information session.

https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/dros.html

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13764 users online. 422 members and 13342 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X