Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the information I feel much better now.

Comment

• At what point in the process can you ask for them to match your current salary (or as close as possible)? Do they do so automatically or is it always something you must request?

Comment

• Gummertime
        Gummertime commented
        Editing a comment
        If you’re a current Fed they will ask for an SF-50 and they will automatically send you a letter of acceptance with the highest grade level you can have which is a 7-10. If there’s an issue , they will fix

• Bet Wednsday when did you do your BI? I am a 2018 NW applicant and am waiting to do the fit test. I didn’t receive a “good” email yet.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Bet Wednsday, every agency runs their own background investigation, they are all bound by the same guidelines however. I know USMS was one of the only agencies allowing backgrounds to be transferred if it met their guidelines. The data base you're referring to is if i recall correctly is JPAS, but again they need authorized consent to obtain that. Im not an expert on JPAS, but I think it only shows your info if you have an active clearance. Meaning you can have a favorable adjudication, be on the job, and not have your clearance activated.

Merlyn0 I haven't used the OF 306/Declaration for federal employment to get information about individuals. The SF 86 release form is what usually allows for release of information (the lengthy authorization form). In fact I recall the OF 306 only showing up in a handful of cases since it is an "optional form".
        Last edited by Levithane; 11-27-2019, 11:34 AM. Reason: added a sentence.

• Bet Wednsday
        Bet Wednsday commented
        Editing a comment
        10-4, I definitely dont know how it all works. I dont recall ever signing a release, but maybe I did and not realize it. Sorry, to many things to keep track of with this and my job. I'll try look through my sent docs and see if i did sign something.

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Bet Wednsday I have a prior clearance and only signed the DOD-555 (Disclosure and Authorization), OF-306 (Dec. for Fed Employment), and the USM-163 (Preliminary Suitability Certification Form).

Both the OF-306 and the DOD-505 have language that grants consent to check into reports such as security clearances.

With that in order, USMS can check whether or not you have an active clearance (SSN based) via JPAS like Levithane mentioned, then contact OPM or whatever agency they use to get the process started for reciprocity.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        beauonly

I know they can check active clearances, but a lot of times people have an adjudicated T5/SSBI with no clearance. I am not sure if those particular instances show up in JPAS. In fact I think Marshals might be in that category where theirs isn't active, I recall someone saying this in one of the other threads.

• Hey All!!!

Just completed medical...going back on 12/4 to meet with Doc

Wave 3

Info Session: June 19
      Interview: Denver August 19
      Invite to Apply/Assessment Sept 19
      Drug Test November 19
      Medical Nov/Dec 19
      BI ???
      Fit ????

Comment

• Called for fit today. Wave 1

Comment

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Could be lining you up nicely to head to FLETC in January then Congrats

• mikedaly50
          mikedaly50 commented
          Editing a comment
          good for you! i feel like with the upcoming holidays the rest of the wave 1 people like myself are screwed until after the first of the year!

• Bet Wednsday
          Bet Wednsday commented
          Editing a comment
          Was told by deputy who is going to do my fit that they told him that they are trying to get me into january class

• Bet Wednsday
          Bet Wednsday commented
          Editing a comment
          Passed FIT. Superior on Pushups and situps. Only good on run and sit and reach. Dissatisfied with my run. Idk what happened

• Hey fellas. Wave 2 Applicant. Anyone have their medical completed before being contacted for the drug test?

Also, I received my TOL after many wave 3 applicants received theirs. I was between 1-2 months behind other wave 2 guys on here. I caught back up pretty quickly. Don’t overthink the timeline. After sweating my TOL for 2 months, I received it. HQ is doing the best they can to process a massive amount of applicants.

Comment

• Osotogari3
          Osotogari3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate you mentioning the TOL delay. I’m one of the seemingly many Wave 3 applicants who were referred on October 2nd but have yet to receive a TOL. Also, like many, I emailed HR and was told I’m still actively being recruited but haven’t received further directives.

While the advice about forgetting you ever applied is certainly the best course it’s hard not to keep checking your email several times a day out of habit and fighting discouragement lol. Guess I’ll keep faith and try to put it out of mind...

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          I did my drug test first then a month later medical.

• nfo Session: May 13

Email for Interview: June 3

Interview: July 11

Invitation to Apply: August 21

(Application Deadline): August 30

Referred to USMS: September 10

Tentative Offer: October 30

Contacted for Med: November 19

Medical exam: November 21

Drug test:

Background Complete:

Fit Test:

Formal Offer:

Comment

• Wave 1 second round applicant here. Scheduled medical for next month. Already did drug test. Hope they don’t jam me up in medical due to VA rating. Current fed leo and I believe my clearance should transfer over.

Comment

• Any current applicants, or recently accepted applicants, have only veteran preference and a Bachelors degree with no LEO experience? I am wondering how many of us have been successful in getting selected.

Comment

• beauonly
              beauonly commented
              Editing a comment
              That's me to a "T." I am done with the FIT and have ranked my wishlist of locations - crossing my fingers for the January Class.

• ShortRound87
              ShortRound87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear. Good luck!

• Timeline
            I am a current USBP Agent

Wave 1
            Info session ( El Centro, CA): Dec 2018
            Interview (San Diego): March 29, 2019
            Invitation for Assessment: April 24, 2019
            Assessment Taken: April 29, 2019
            Referral(86): May 28, 2019
            TOL(GL-7): July 19, 2019
            UA: August 14, 2019
            Medical: August 27, 2019
            BG:???
            FIT: 11/27/2019

Comment

• Texan2050
              Texan2050 commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn they had you knock out that FIT quick.

• Bet Wednsday
              Bet Wednsday commented
              Editing a comment
              They called me yesterday, I had up to a week to complete, but I figured, what the heck, I'm not going to improve in a week.

• beauonly
              beauonly commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! There has to be at least a dozen of us primed for the January class on these forums by now. We're nearly there!

• tc292834
              tc292834 commented
              Editing a comment
              it looks like anyone with existing clearances got the eligibility email for January, hopefully more will go out.

• Whats going on everyone?! So I’ve been following this forum for awhile and I just awaiting an information session in the new year. Therefore, I am trying to train for the fit test. Can anyone give me some pointers to improve my sit-ups, I am currently at 39 and I think minimum is 40. I would like to be in the 43-45 range, so if anyone could give me some advice that would be great!

Comment

• FEDDI
              FEDDI commented
              Editing a comment
              Do 2 mins of sit ups instead of 1 min. Also try doing 4 sets of sit-ups, 1 min each. This got me from 40 to 50 really quick.

• IRONFox40
              IRONFox40 commented
              Editing a comment
              10-4 thanks for the support, I’ll try that out.

• RedBeardRanger
              RedBeardRanger commented
              Editing a comment
              parkscout93 enjoy those "no rep" twisting sit-ups. They won't count for anything on the FIT.

IRONFox40 look into sit-up training plans. Similar to most other things, you have to do a lot of sit-ups to get good at sit-ups. http://store.stewsmithptclub.com/usnaacplsupr.html

• usmc28
              usmc28 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd listen to RedBeard's advice. Also, the OP is coming up on 40, not for nothin' I don't believe a twisting motion during a movement that involves the lower back to be ideal. I'm only 29 and I wouldn't even attempt that. My advice is to do sit ups a few times a week, planks, etc. I'd also do other strength/core building movements like overhead press. Good luck!

• Put in my FBI application last night. So now it's a race between the two agencies to see who hires me first. I like the Marshals mission better, but the FBI pays better. Assuming I was offered both, I'm not sure which I'd take.

Comment

• RedBeardRanger
              RedBeardRanger commented
              Editing a comment
              parkscout93 USMS and FBI are both the same journeyman level, GS-1811-13. The FBI will start you out at a higher pay level, but that is about it.

• FNG41YR
              FNG41YR commented
              Editing a comment
              Slow your role. The FBI process is a lot harder to get through. See if you even pass the test first then on to the interview which a crap load of people fail. FBI pays better at first, but they are the same GS 13 now. Good luck

• Bet Wednsday
              Bet Wednsday commented
              Editing a comment
              FBI starts their trainees at GS 10, but I heard it takes 3 years to promote to the next level. They also pay for your first location to move there. I hear though, that they have to justify their GS13 before they get it. All hearsay though

• NiteLite916
              NiteLite916 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just my two cents........I applied and went through the FBI process a couple of years ago and I did not score high enough on one of the last portions of testing. They do start out as GS 10. The key in that hiring process is fitting into the mold of being a robot and being exactly what they want you to be. I did not feel that I was allowed to think for myself while I was being interviewed. It seemed to me that they wanted people with limited to no actual law enforcement experience. I did not fit in with them at all. However, everything about the USMS has been fitting thus far. I have worked all of my career for a Sheriff's Office and the USMS is like the Sheriff's Office of the government so I feel more confident.

• Does anyone know if many have started the background process without a security clearance? Completed everything in a hurry then "BAM" nothing after medical?

Comment

• Is the USMS still open for applications?

Comment

• RedBeardRanger
                RedBeardRanger commented
                Editing a comment
                Not currently. Keep an eye on USAjobs.gov and contact your local recruitment deputy.

• Any of you hard chargers have any solid intel/ or rumors about the Rochester/Buffalo, NY offices picking up new deputies from the academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14737 users online. 435 members and 14302 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X