Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else get an email today with a link to apply under Schedule B. I have a feeling its going to be the exact same application we filled out in paper... kinda sad to know nothing has really happened in the 6 months since I initially applied. On the bright side I wasn't sure if all of the pre-employment steps I have been taking were for Schedule B or Recent Grad since my TO didn't specify D.C./ P.R. but instead said nation wide... i guess this answers that question. Anyway best of luck to those who got the email!

Comment

Did you have to sign up to receive updates regarding schedule B? I have spoken to my district recruiter and I have been attempting to get in touch with another, but haven't heard much. Do you have to go through a recruiter to be invited to apply under schedule B?

Comment

• Gollywompas
      Gollywompas commented
      Editing a comment
      This invitation came after applying in person at a Schedule B hiring event/ info session, but I don't know if that is the actual process or the case for everyone... just my experience. The session I attended was last July in North Carolina and was for all of Region 2.

Trackin'. The only word I received, which was a few weeks back, is that NY most likely wouldn't implement schedule B until 2020. I interviewed down in Arlington a little over a month ago, yet to hear back but did receive an email about forwarding conferred transcripts. The waiting game. Thanks, man

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      No I called one thru a contact I have. They said they're still figuring things out.

• Nsk_104
      Nsk_104 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ethan Cipriano...if you need the NYC recruiting email. I can pm it to you. Let me know.

• Ethan Cipriano
      Ethan Cipriano commented
      Editing a comment
      Nsk_104 Yeah, man. I'd appreciate it!

• Nsk_104
      Nsk_104 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pm sent. Check your inbox

Did you reach out to a NYC or an upstate recruiter?

Comment

I too received the e-mail to apply for the "exclusive" announcement towards the end of this month. Very confused.

My timeline has been:

December 2018: San Diego info session
      March 2019: Interview in San Diego
      April 2019: Receive e-mail to apply to this schedule B announcement

So...Not sure if they've funneled down their applicants from the schedule B info sessions and interviews to this point, and are collecting further qualifications via this exclusive announcement. It's promising to me that this announcement is very very limited and only those who received an e-mail can apply. Sounds to me that if you passed the interview, then applying to this announcement is the next step.

Seems kind of backwards but in my head it makes a little bit of sense. We're all just playing it by ear, it seems.

Comment

• Bet Wednsday
        Bet Wednsday commented
        Editing a comment
        Was told they wanted to whittle down applicants before the application and assesment. So they switched it around.

• Gollywompas
        Gollywompas commented
        Editing a comment
        Scratching my head....the announcement said the structured interview was the next step after applying. I bring this up bc I interviewed for the Recent Grad announcement but was told that interview couldn't be used for Sked B... I then got the email to interview for Sked B but was told I couldn't interview bc I already interviewed within a year. I'm really hoping the decided to accept my previous interview and not make me interview again lol.

• Redskins3
        Redskins3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have they actually been whittled down? Everyone I know that interviewed got the email.

• Bet Wednsday
        Bet Wednsday commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure, but I believe schedule B targets specific groups. All of which probably can interview

Recieved invite to apply through USAjobs email today as well!
      12/10/18- USMS Info Session
      3/25/19- USMS Interview
      4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
      5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
      7/19/19 - TOL recieved
      8/27/19- Medical sched'
      8/30/19- Drug test
      9/5/19- Medical completed**

Comment

I dont understand how the USMS is hiring at the moment. I interned with them for 9 months, with 3 months at HQ and applied August 2018. I received emails Dec 2018 for interview dates but was passed up to them filling interview spots to quickly (first come first serve). Last I heard from my contacts was that qualified applicants would be notified beginning 2019 but this thread apparently highlights that they are pulling from a different pool of applicants....

Comment

Whether they asked for it now or at the beginning of the process the reality is they still need your documents (SF-50, Resume, experience Questionnaire, etc)regardless of the type of hiring authority you're being hired under they still need those things to move you forward to the next step and eventually a tentative offer (if you made it). It is awkward to ask for it after the interviews but I am willing to bet their is a method to the way they're doing it.

If you got the link and your using a custom made resume as opposed to a USA jobs one, I'd recommend copying and pasting your custom created one into the USA jobs resume builder as your custom made one may not have all the information they need. From personal experience here, way back when, my custom tailored resume did not have references (it said references available upon request) on there so prior to my tentative offer it was a mad scramble on HR's part to call me up and get those references, of which they immediately called as soon as we were done on the phone. All and all it would have just been easier for me to use USAjobs resume builder and copy everything in versus doing what I did. I'm glad HR didn't say "forget this dude" and throw my info at the bottom of the pile. For all the criticisms of every HR no matter the organization,I learned early on that I want to make their job as painless and easy as possible purely for my own benefit and ease of on-boarding.
          Last edited by La_Bamba; 04-29-2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• tc292834
            tc292834 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, you seem pretty knowledgeable of the process, do you know the timeline for hiring under schedule b. I saw a forum of guys chatting about how they applied in 2017 (I think non schedule b) and still haven’t gotten a fletc date. Is schedule B that much faster and do you have a guesstimate of when applicants that just interviewed under schedule b and got the invitation to apply would go to FLETC.

Anyone interview in D.C. for this opening?

I interviewed in March (22nd I think) but I haven't heard anything further. They were doing interviews for the late 2018 opening as well as the schedule b and I had applied to both.

Comment

• Ethan Cipriano
            Ethan Cipriano commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed the 21st. The only thing I have heard since was an email request for conferred educational transcripts.

• Redskins3
            Redskins3 commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed on March 20th in DC and received the email this week to apply under the special link and also have the needed paperwork ready. I am in the Schedule B group.

So I'm set to attend an informational session in May. Any tips such as what to bring and what exactly to expect?

Comment

• Tommyjd78
            Tommyjd78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where at? Im trying to get a hold of a recruiter.

• Bet Wednsday
            Bet Wednsday commented
            Editing a comment
            I just wore a suit, watched a presentation, then filled out a form with my info. A few months later was invited to attend interview.

May 15 1st session or may 17 2nd session Philadelphia office

Comment

Comment

• Tommyjd78
              Tommyjd78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect and Gracias!

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for that info. Even though I wont be attending, is it invite?only

No problem good luck

Comment

Does anyone know anything about this "assessment" that we might have to take when we apply for this schedule B announcement?

Comment

• Tomahawk30
                Tomahawk30 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd also like to know something about the assessment.

• Gollywompas
                Gollywompas commented
                Editing a comment
                if its anything like the one they've used previously it 2-3 short test that cover basic english (grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure), reasoning, and judgement.

Originally posted by tc292834 View Post
              Hey, you seem pretty knowledgeable of the process, do you know the timeline for hiring under schedule b. I saw a forum of guys chatting about how they applied in 2017 (I think non schedule b) and still haven’t gotten a fletc date. Is schedule B that much faster and do you have a guesstimate of when applicants that just interviewed under schedule b and got the invitation to apply would go to FLETC.
              Trust me the only reason I know anything is because I was in your guys exact shoes 3 or 4 years ago for the USMS. The only chatter I would pay attention to is that of your HR rep that emails you. I found the biggest frustration for me was comparing everyone else's experience to my own. In other words, "Why did such and such get to do his **** test before me when I got my tentative before him." The reality is everyone's situation is different and the backgrounds are what hold the process up. I'd like to believe schedule B is faster for you guys but I have no evidence that's the case one way or the other. Best bet is just to keep doing what your doing and forget about it until the time comes to knock out the tasks (ie. physical, urinalysis, etc.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7137 users online. 305 members and 6832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X