09/27/19- TOL
    10/30/19- Drug test
    10/31/19- medical notification
    11/18/19, 11/20/19- medical
    ?- equip/background
    ?- pt
    ​​​​​​​?- FO

Comment

• Anyone else just take their interview recently and feel like palm to face moment....

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha yup....worked through it though. It’s true. We do better then we think and they are empathetic to the process. We have all been there.

• quick_turn
        quick_turn commented
        Editing a comment
        FEDDI you have to be kidding me

Interview wasn't bad. When I first got done and got back to the truck, I actually thought I did really well but then I sat in my truck and overanalyzed it all and convinced myself I imploded. Then about 2 months later got an invite to apply. So my advice to you is this, don't overanalyze. If you do want to analyze then think about it this way: 1) Did you the questions thoroughly? and 2) Did you clearly convey the characteristics and skills so that the person interviewing you would deem you both qualified for the job and someone who they'd want to work with and ultimately trust with their life?
        Last edited by quick_turn; 11-22-2019, 02:51 PM.

• FEDDI
        FEDDI commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha not kidding man, I wish I was.

Everyone has been in the hot seat before tho. no one is going to have a perfect interview and these folks know that. Also if you’ve ever tried to take notes while interviewing someone, you only catch the big picture and you don’t remember/recognize the small slip ups people make.

• fedco95
        fedco95 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe I conveyed all the proper information. However, when I got to the car I was like why didn't I say this or that was a horrible example lol. Well we shall see how it went in about 2-3 months

• Anyone know if they start or do background checks in December? I mean technically there are business/working days in December but I also know it's the federal government.

On the plus side, the budget was signed to keep the fed agencies open through Dec 20.
      Last edited by quick_turn; 11-22-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think as long as it’s not a Federal holiday and the budgets in place we can expect things to progress through the new year into the next.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Here is what happened last year when conducting background investigations. The beginning of the month it wasn't too hard to get interviews or record verifications done. Towards the middle to the end of the month, everything slowed down to the point where it was impossible to meet with anyone or get any records. Facilities close for extended periods, and people take extended holidays. Good chance you won't get notified to interview for yours in December, because the places that will fit the DOD/OPM criteria to interview you will be closed.

• Talked to a US Marshal today, he said the new 18 week academy with just strictly US Marshals (instead of the 21 week and it being other agencies) will start in April, so I’m guessing it’s another academy class that’ll be in April.

Comment

• Michael Scarn
        Michael Scarn commented
        Editing a comment
        Good info thanks.

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Does the new Marshals only training still contain a CITP component?

• Got an academy offer today. Still pending FIT though.

Comment

• Aseyesee
        Aseyesee commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Bro! make sure you destroy that FIT now!

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got the same email yesterday. Conducted fit test four weeks ago. Just didn’t post it. Said the class starts January 22nd 2020.
        Last edited by Njw85; 11-23-2019, 02:59 PM.

• tc292834
        tc292834 commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you guys attend information sessions? I myself was being hopeful for a January class, but who knows, maybe some more emails will go out depending availability.

• Willowandrosco
        Willowandrosco commented
        Editing a comment
        2020Hopefull and Njw85 Congrats on that progress! Do you guys already have a security clearance? I’m wondering if that’s the reason y’all got that academy offer so quick?! I thought backgrounds took way longer to clear...

• Donjuan85657 I have no idea bro, it was a short convo between me and the US Marshal because my coworkers were about to walk up, didn’t want them in my business lol

Comment

• Roninjin
        Roninjin commented
        Editing a comment
        @Donjuan85657,
        I have not heard any change in that.

Other agencies like FBI, DEA, Postal Inspectors still get their 1811s without CITP

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Roninjin Makes sense... quicker academy with faster turnaround and the Marshals have their hand in training from beginning to end.

• quick_turn
        quick_turn commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking about this the other day, because I've heard mixed things on the CITP for Marshalls still existing or not existing with new class format.

I have yet to hear of one agency that will allow you to skip CITP if you did it with another agency. I keep hearing about 1811s that switch to other agencies going back to FLETC for CITP and then their agency specific training.

So it doesn't really matter. We do CITP or we don't do it. If you decide to switch to a different 1811 you're going to go through their training, no matter what it is. Don't ya think?

• Donjuan85657
        Donjuan85657 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really good point quick_turn. As long as we get our 1811 status with the Marshals, I guess it really doesn’t matter. I do wish we had it out the gate though so we could get LEAP to make up for the lower starting salary.

• Njw85 congrats, when did you go to information session?

Comment

• Good morning guys, congrats to those that have gotten a class date for January. I have a physical fitness question:

how do you guys feels about the row machine? I’m thinking about pushing myself more to lower my run time. Wanted to do row machine in the morning before work and then after work that’s when I’ll get on the track and run. Is it true the row machine is the best way to get your endurance built up? Any helpful information will help, thanks guys! Former college offensive lineman, long distance isn’t my thing lol

Comment

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya Pbjecho1 on the shin splints, heel impact, and knees part not being a thing on rowing. I'm trying to balance getting myself as conditioned as possible for FLETC. Our PT test just gets us in the door. We gotta be able to hang when we're gettin smoked. So if I'm confident in my run times now, I want to save my body and focus on endurance for FLETC.

• Bet Wednsday
          Bet Wednsday commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the email yesterday, but the email says it's not a guarantee for the class or any future class. Just that I am eligible for the class. I still have not done my fit. Does say FO comingnin next 30 days. But Marshals have not met any deadlines they have given me... so there's that.

• 2020Hopefull
          2020Hopefull commented
          Editing a comment
          Bet Wednsday have you taken the fit test yet?

• Bet Wednsday
          Bet Wednsday commented
          Editing a comment
          @ 2020Hopefull. No I have not done FIT

• 17 should be selected from wave 1 and 2 to goto A January class

Comment

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          Gummertime did your source of information say anything about total class size or the potential for numbers of Schedule Bs in each class?

I get that they're trying to show results of Schedule B. These classes at FLETC are made up of 40-50 USMS candidates, right? So 17 out of 40, is a good chunk but it sounds like there's still ample room for more Sched B spots.

• Gummertime
          Gummertime commented
          Editing a comment
          Generally classes are 48 students. Maybe increase for the new BDUSM academy, who knows till it happens.... 17 should. Doesn’t mean 17 will... current DUSM.

• money_mike
          money_mike commented
          Editing a comment
          for the record....the email that went out where the #17 came from says that 17 individuals in wave 1 have cleared both medical and background. HRD will work toward getting those individuals into the January 2020 class if possible.

That email NEVER said that all 17 candidates would be hired into the January class. I have access to that email and confirmed through an HRD source.

• Gummertime
          Gummertime commented
          Editing a comment
          Do I need to define should? Was literally stated 17 should doesn’t mean 17 will... also again, email states from wave 1 and 2. Go read the email if you have access.
          Last edited by Gummertime; 11-26-2019, 11:53 PM.

• For those who got class offers already, did you just get an email, or did they call? Was it saying you are eligible for the class on that date, or did the email make you a specific offer of position at a certain grade level? Just trying to iron out if these were actually offers, or just eligibility notices? Thanks!

Comment

• Venutis1
          Venutis1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m from the 2018 NW announcement...I only got an email with locations and saying we’re eligible with final offers going out over the next 30 days. Ton of locations to choose from all over US.

Last edited by Sgt0844; 12-18-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• quick_turn
          quick_turn commented
          Editing a comment
          My bet is that HR at USMS is under the magnifying glass to show movement on the process.

Think of it this way.

If you were leadership inside of USMS and you had busted your butt in 2016 and 2017 to get a Schedule B drafted and proposed, pushed to get it approved in July of 2018, and then funded and set in motion for 2019 and 2020 then you would want to be seeing some results. Leadership essentially tells OPM that it's “not practicable to hold a competitive examination" for hiring these numbers and they need speed and diversity of candidates in the door.

So typical process is less important and speed is key, without compromising USMS or OPM policy.

• Pbjecho1
          Pbjecho1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm guessing the only wave 2 applicants that would go on to Jan academy, would be the ones with the proper current clearance. I did the medical last week and have not been contacted on the eqip or fingerprints as of yet. Taking that into consideration; with turning in eqip, meeting with BI, BI doing their investigation, BI being sent to adjudication, and then with a PT test to still complete with all this happening during holiday season, based on current timelines I don't foresee it happening. If anything the rest would be filled with applicants from the 17 and 18 RG announcement . Then again almost a still 2 full months left till then so keeping the confidence

• Sgt0844
          Sgt0844 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Sgt0844; 12-18-2019, 12:46 PM.

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I’m wave 2 with TS clearance. My medical is complete but I have very little hope about January class. But there will be multiple classes next year. We should be good for one of the next ones.

• 2020Hopefull Pbjecho1 thanks a lot for the replies on the workout tips, i really appreciate it!!
        quick_turn thanks to you too man, I’m sure I’ll be in contact with you soon. Didn’t understand the “zone” stuff you were saying but I’m sure I’ll probably understand once i actually go to the row machine. My gym (crunch fitness) has its grand opening this Friday.

Comment

• I think us schedule B guys are going to be ok, just have to wait. During my interview I was informed that the location I interviewed at is down 67 Deputies. Retirements keep rolling in day by day and they can't keep up with hiring. The fact they only push 45 candidates through the academy at a time won't allow them to keep up with attrition. Sooo hopefully all these changes that we hear of with FLETC and shortening training is true. They couldn't respond on the training aspect, but they are hurting for deputies.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I would like to know if anybody has inquired about the reduction in pay for federal law enforcement and how that would work for a GS 12.

Comment

• mikedaly50
              mikedaly50 commented
              Editing a comment
              you'd be a maxed out 5 or 7

• beauonly
              beauonly commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you mean how the drop from GS/L 12 to GL 7 will work? If this is the case, I can say with nearly 99% accuracy that you will not be offered anything higher than GL7 step 10 (if the schedule B positions are GL7s, that is). To get the step 10 will also likely include negotiation on your part, although newer deputies could speak to this better than I could.

Generally you will be offered the closest salary to your current federal salary... within the grade you applied for.

If this was not how your question was intended... Sorry! lol.

• Thank you for the answers how about when I pick up my 9 will it be GS 9 step 10. The question is will they keep matching me until I reach my original pay grade.
            Last edited by BPAVET; 11-25-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• beauonly
              beauonly commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know how the GL scale works, but I assume its similar to the GS scale... that being the case, lets say you start out at a GL7 step 10. After a year, you pick up your 9. In the GS scale you can *usually* receive a 2 step bump, or pay equivalent, over your previous pay grade when you go up a grade.

So using 2019 data, a GL7 step 10 is ~ 52,112. the GL9 equivalent is GL9 step 8. I imagine they would bump you to GL-9 step 9 or 10 in that case.

There is a lot of conjecture involved here as well since the GL scale could operate differently from the GS scale.

• beauonly
              beauonly commented
              Editing a comment
              The pay grade you are in now doesn't matter anymore as far as I know. You get hired at the grade they offer in the beginning and you advance in typical USMS fashion... which, from what I hear, is now/going to be non-compete to GL13.

• Bet Wednsday
              Bet Wednsday commented
              Editing a comment
              I emailed and got this response. You will be a step 10 until your equivalent to your current grade and step. So if you are a 12-4, I believe you'll make it all the way to 11-10

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12017 users online. 392 members and 11625 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X